Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

Movers, Dreamers, and Risk-Takers: Unlocking the Power of ADHD
Format: Paperback|Change

on August 8, 2012
I loved the book and it kept my attention from start to finish .I am a mother of 3 adhd boys and also have adhd my self .The book is very well written and gives a good insight into how the ADHD mind functions.The author is sincere about his life with ADHD and shares with us important tools for success in school and life for people with ADHD.
He writes about ADHD from other and less common perspective and shows us how important it is to see the talent and the benefits of ADHD. So our attitude towards ADHD changes.It also gave me hope for me and my boys to have a successful life as "ADHDers"
When the book was finished I missed to read it. And when I miss a book when it's over, it is VERY GOOD
on January 23, 2014
Fairly well written. At first glance I didn't think this book would be helpful, but I'm glad i stuck with it as it is very informative and takes the stigma of ADHD away. At least for me. I didn't realize that i had a different type of brain and it helped me to feel that i could succeed in life despite my diagnosis.
on July 13, 2017
I really loved this book!!!! It allowed me to gain a deeper understanding into the mind of the ADHDer. I would recommend this book to anyone who requires or just would like a deeper knowledge of the ADHD mind. Anyone who has ADHD or is close to someone with ADHD should absolutely purchase and read this book. It will help tremendously.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 14, 2014
This is the most helpful book I've found on ADHD. Kevin Roberts shares his personal experiences as an ADHDer and his success in helping others. It is filled with practical, helpful advice and Kevin Roberts' positive energy jumps off every page. Not a dry clinical book that treats ADHD as a disorder. This is the first time I've felt hopeful about ADHD.
on February 15, 2013
Kevin was able to explain in laymans terms how an individual can struggle with Attention Deficit Disorder and then how to turn it around and master the challenges of it. Kevin honestly explored the dispair and challenges he faced. I related, laughed and cried. Thank you for sharing your story with the world and giving them a more positive vision of hope!
on April 13, 2015
I've bought many books on ADHD. Kevin's book is the first I've ever finished. It is entertaining, well-paced, helpful and hopeful. It also encouraged me to look at my parenting attitudes differently. I'll be re-reading that section a few times.
on October 23, 2012
I am a 52 yr old ADDer, and this is my 8th book on this topic. I recommend this book over all the others I've read! Where was this book 20 years ago? This book will make you feel as though it is written about you! The stratagies are workable and the author has ADD/ADHD himself and incorporates many heartfelt stories from his life. Scientific, factual, and hope-giving. If you read one book on ADD/ADHD this is the one!
on May 10, 2015
This book explained some things I had difficulty figuring out. I have a much clearer understanding of ADHD characteristics. I would highly recommend this to anyone who lives with a family member who has ADHD.
on August 10, 2012
Homework hell. Parent Torture Conferences. I've got a million terms that describe what it's like to have children who struggle with ADHD and school. If had this book to give to every teacher who has written me a negative email about my kids, Kevin could retire on the profits. I now have a great list of easy to use techniques that we can use at home and at school to help our kids. The recommendations in this book are somewhat school-centric. This is not a criticism, as much as an observation. In his future writings, I'd love to see Kevin come up with suggestions for dealing with impulsivity. My high schooler is having a horrible time managing money. Nonetheless, thanks for a great read!
on October 15, 2012
The book is very easy to read with many practical ideas and thoughts on ADHD. It was good to hear a perspective from a person who has ADHD. I enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to any parent who has an adhder.