Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Movie Marathon Collection: Flashback Comedies (For Love or Money / Casual Sex? / The Secret of My Success / The Hard Way / Career Opportunities)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on April 20, 2013
I came across this set of 5 movies last month and mainly got it to see more of Michael J. Fox, who is in 3 of them: "For Love or Money"(1993, rated PG), "The Secret of My Success"(1987, rated PG-13), and "The Hard Way"(1991, rated R). I was reading his autobiographical book Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist, which I much enjoyed, but I had not seen a lot of his films so I'm glad I took a chance on this set. Some might consider a weakness of "The Hard Way" and "The Secrets of My Success" to be that they have elements that are very unlikely, but they can be enjoyed as partially being farces. For instance, the ending of "The Hard Way" has an action sequence with Fox and policeman James Woods chasing the bad guy, but it's so over-the-top that the Maltin Movie Guide says it gets "out of control." However, the fact that the sequence switches back and forth between the chase and Fox's ultra-cool movie persona (Fox plays an actor in the movie!) shows that the exaggerated action is done in humor. And while it's true that "For Love or Money" is quite predictable, there's a lot of funny stuff in it and it's got an enjoyable romantic story. However, I did get tired of the endless sexual complications that go on too long in "The Secret of My Success." At any rate, Michael J. Fox's charisma is largely what makes these 3 movies a pleasant experience.

As for "Casual Sex"(1988. rated R), the script is probably not going to change your life and is not all that illuminating about sex. Still, the movie is quite engaging and occasionally funny, with 2 good stars in Victoria Jackson and Lea Thompson. And I DID get a rush from seeing their nude backsides at the resort! The only film I didn't enjoy at all was "Career Opportunities"(1991, rated PG-13). In it, a guy working at a Target store gets stuck there overnight with a beautiful girl about 20-ish, and 2 crooks show up that same night. However, it's poorly written and often absurd, and has little purpose other than showing off Jennifer Connelly's good looks.

For a little more technical info, all of these movies are shown in widescreen (and all in anamorphic widescreen except "Career Opportunities"), and all have optional English subtitles. "Casual Sex" also has optional Spanish subtitles. The picture and sound quality is decent on all of them. With the audio, all movies are presented in either English or French, four of them in Dolby Digital 2.0, while "For Love or Money" is in Dolby Digital 5.1, although I did not listen to these on a surround sound system so I can't assess that. This set is 4 DVDs, so 3 films have their own DVD, while "For Love or Money" and "The Hard Way" are together on one DVD (I guess it's dual-layered since both have good picture quality).

In summary, I enjoyed 4 out of the 5 movies on this MOVIE MARATHON COLLECTION, even though none of them is a truly great film. At any rate, this set is certainly a great value!
on July 5, 2015
How can you go wrong with a Michael J. Fox marathon collection? Oldies but goodies. Found this set for cheaper than 2 of the movies by themselves. All 5 movies fit in a standard dvd case, which means more for the space. We've got 100's of movies, and being able to save space is an added bonus.
on January 10, 2014
I rate this cause I like watching marathon movies. Three movies come with Michael J. Fox like For Love Or Money, The Secret Of My Success, and The Hard Way. I wish it would have been 5 of Michael J. Fox's movies in this marathon. I have seen all 5 of the movie marathon collection and they turned out to be a great film.
on December 12, 2011
I bought this set elsewhere a few years ago, and I have only watched two of the movies, Career Opportunities and Casual Sex. Thing is, I only bought the set for Casual Sex. I happened to catch it on one late night on HBO (I had never heard of it before) and I absolutely fell in love with it! It's sappy, but it's honest and cute. When I watched Career Opportunities what sticks in my mind are the shelves of cassette tapes in the store and how that was completely normal back then. I remember those days!
on December 21, 2014
Pretty good Michael J fox collection. I mainly wanted the secret to my success and got introduced to a couple fix movies I hadn't seen yet and enjoyed. The casual sex movie was awful and career opportunities was never one of my favorites. Wish it had just stayed Michael j fox.
on April 27, 2013
You get more for the money when you buy this way. There are four enjoyable movies here, so who wouldn't buy this product?
on February 9, 2016
Great price, and fun movies. I especially like Career Opportunities... it is an extremely under-rated John Hughes film with a lead that could rival Ferris Beuller.
on January 16, 2015
The Secret of my Success is reason why I bought this, great movie, I'll watch the others but they sound to be pretty good as well.
on August 10, 2015
Got this for the Secret of my Success movie for my Mom. The others I am not familiar with but I'm sure she will love them all.
on May 15, 2015
seems to be a good value .. when i orderd this for under ten dollars