Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jon Batiste Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 17, 2017
It's about a fellow turning 30 in the early 1960's in the South.
It rambled. I read the whole thing hoping that there would be some revelation in the few pages left. "They" hailed Walker Percy as the new Faulkner. He wasn't/isn't?
Bottom line, turning 30 is full of angst for some people. Should I date this girl or not, should I suck up to my girlfriend/boss/family/friends or not? Should I care what people think of me or not? Was probably so 100 years ago and a thousand years from now.
on July 22, 2015
Excellent story and fascinating voice.
on December 5, 2017
Binx is interesting with his internal depth and external shallowness. But overall this was a lobotomy to get through. Amen.
on July 12, 2016
Like setting Camus's Stranger in New Orleans among the Southern gentry. Dated in a way but worth reading even in its datedness.
on June 19, 2016
They way the story was told was different than the normal stucture of novels, but most enjoyable!
on September 20, 2016
Poetic and compelling. A wonderful look at a young man's coming of age
on August 9, 2016
I read it first when it came out.fifty years ago I think. It held up for me.
on December 28, 2014
I read it on a recommendation, so some people like it, but I'm not the right audience.

Maybe if you love Blanch Dubois, you'll like it - but that's a guess.
on September 3, 2013
A few days in the life of a New Orleans existentialist. The point see,s to be that the purpose of life reveals itself if you're honest about your feelings and pay attention. Generally excellent though the ending seems a little pat.
on June 26, 2014
We read this for our book club. Not a lot of action but very flavorful descriptions of people and places. Reading it is like walking into a family album/portrait gallery.