Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Moving Comfort Women's Fiona Bra
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now

on December 27, 2009
I'm still waiting for someone to invent the PERFECT sports bra for booby runners, but in the meantime, the Fiona should be a go-to sports bra for all women runners with a C cup and bigger.

I have worked at a running store for two years, have been a runner for nearly a decade and have never been smaller than a DDD cup (although cup sizes are hard to quote because there does not seem to be one standard system- F, E, G, DDD- they all seem to be used interchangeably depending where you are). It seems that most women are drawn to the traditional racerback style (because that's what everyone thinks of as a "sports bra"), but that design just does not work for us big-chested women. I'm always amused by booby women who dismiss the Fiona or Maia because the the hooks are "too annoying." More annoying than an hour of your boobs flying in every direction (not to mention the pain)? Granted, the Fiona does not look as sexy as those Champion bras that work perfectly with a racerback tank top, but you know what's even less sexy? Saggy boobs at age 30. I know, it makes me angry too- it's just not fair. Don't you wish those A-cup women who complain about small breasts could try just ONCE running with what we've got? Nevertheless, we're in this together and luckily we're getting closer to something that can totally support us.

I've run with the Maia, Fiona, and Helena (I won't even bother with the Dori- great bra, but not for my size). Although the Maia looks as though it's far more technical than the Fiona, it just doesn't compress my chest enough to be supportive. The Helena is fine but I can't get the sweat smell out when I wash it. Almost all women customers who go into the dressing room with an armful of heavy duty bras (including the totally overrated, Oprah-endorsed Enell) leave the store with the Fiona. No joke.

However, as I noted earlier, it's not perfect. I suggest going down in size (either in width or cup size) to get a little extra compression. I always wear a sports tank with a built-in shelf bra over the Fiona. It's like a bra and a half, rather than two bulky bras (which of course I've done for years). This will create the needed support to keep that chest tissue from stretching too much.

Most importantly, however, I recommend finding a local running store and trying on a bunch, including the Fiona. Fiddle around with the size- go down until it's too tight to wear. Sports bras are like running shoes- the only way to tell if it's going to work is to put it on your OWN body. Support the running store (if you like the service) and buy your first bra(s) there, and then buy online if you want once you find the right bra for YOU.
1515 comments| 970 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2009
As a runner who wears a 32DD bra I'm always on the hunt for a comfortable yet supportive athletic bra. My favorite brand is pretty expensive so I thought I would try another that seem to get great reviews. When I received my Moving Comfort Fiona bra I did not have high hopes that it would live up to my expectations. The bra did not look or feel like it would do it's job but I decided to give it a try. Much to my surprise, the bra did exactly what it claims to do. I had great support with little movement and I did not feel like my lungs were being constricted by the band. I love that the bra does not need to be pulled over your head (traditional band with hooks) and that the straps are adjustable. The straps do tend to be on the thick side which could bother people that don't like their bra to show through their shirts and you always get a bit of a uni-boob but if you can get past those "problems", it's a great choice for runners.
11 comment| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2009
First best - What is best about this bra is that it holds you still.
Next best - The velcro straps adjust in front so it can be easily adusted.
Last best - 3 hook closure in back so no uncomfortable struggle to pull a tight sports bra over "the girls".

Caution: Washing instructions say not to use fabric softener, but if you do, then over time the velcro will stop holding as well. Then it takes many washings to get them to work properly again. So don't use fabric softener.
on March 24, 2008
I am a big 40DD, and i work as a dog walker, so i do a lot of running about all day. I read all the reviews on several different bras and have had champion bras before, but nothing compares to the comfort of this bra, i can wear all day and it doesn't "bite" anywhere, no wire to break or poke you and it holds my large 'stuff' still so i can run and play without any pain or discomfort. I brought 2 and will be buying more. We are going on vacation and i know that i will be well covered in this very comfortable and fast drying bra. I have told all my friends that are big busted but active like me.
0Comment| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2006
I am large chested (38 C/D) and have been running my whole life. I finally found the best running bra! The band is adjustable to 3 different lengths. I bought a 36 C to really keep "locked and loaded". The shoulder straps are adjustable from the front. You don't have to take off the bra to tighten it up. The velcro straps stay secure so you don't end up with chaffing. Love, love, love this bra!!!!!!
on April 19, 2012
I am a nursing mom and this is an awesomely comfortable and supportive sports bra. I am a bit large up front and this bra keeps me from bouncing but does not smush my boobs (important for lactating moms!).
The adjustable straps are great since my cup size changes from day to day because of nursing.
I also like that feature because I can loosen or tighten the straps depending on my activity level (looser for yoga or walking and tighter for running or aerobics).
The straps attach with velcro so you can actually use this as a nursing bra if need be - just undo the velcro and slide the strap out - show me another sports bra that can do that!!
The back closes like a regular bra so you don't have to contort yourself to pull it on over your head.
The fabric is very soft, does not chafe when you run and wicks sweat away from your skin.
If you pay attention to the sales you can get this bra at half its normal price as long as you're not picky about colors.
on July 15, 2009
As an overweight 44D that started doing at least 60 minutes of exercise a day about 2 months ago I was very dissatisfied with the support/anti-bounce the sports bras I had were providing me.

Then I stumbled on to the Fiona. This is an amazingly comfortable, supportive bra. The velcro straps are sturdy, comfortable and very easy to adjust. The band is non-binding and (repetitively) very comfortable.

I've purchased 2 of these, white and black, and definitely plan on purchasing more in the future
on October 9, 2009
This bra does offer a great deal of support for the active exerciser. I was unsure of sizing, so I got a C-cup for my normally B to C-cup frame. The 3-hook back closure fit snugly and the adjustable straps made up for my over-compensating in size--the was NO movement on my first workout after getting this sport bra.

Another reviewer mentioned that the back began to curl up on her "Fiona Bra", same here. I suggest for anyone experiencing this problem , adjust the back hook to the next loosest setting. I think the curling may have happened from too much pulling. The adjustment made a difference for me.

Bottom line, this sport bra is comfortable (if not very cute), and keeps the movement to a minimum when I work out. I'd recommend it for anyone with a cup size of B,C,D.
on September 12, 2009
The moving comfort Fiona bra would have been met my needs had it had truly molded cups like Hind (Saucony motion) or Under Armour--it lacks suppression cups and the thin fabric coverage caused nipple show through and rub so it really is not useable for running for me--fine for yoga but not for other sports. It is supportive but the hooks in the back are difficult to do even when the bra hooks are done up front so this one went back. Instead I purchased the Under Armour Endure zip front in D cup (comes in S,M,L with D cup), which though runs a little small, provides good support, easy removability (a plus after a good workout). I loved it so much that I bought several of these. I wish bra manufacturers would add some color and ease of removability to the sports bra selection. I am sick of the black or white options. The colored sports bras usually are less supportive and pull off variety. Hind made some excellent ones but Saucony has gone back to black and white.

I rated this low because of 1) insufficent fabric for good nipple coverage and comfort up front; 2) difficult to hook when compared to other bras with back hooks.
33 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2009
I've been overweight (with large breasts) and active my whole life and no sports bra has worked like this bra. It still gives a uniboob look but when you are big chested this should be the least of your worries. It's comfortable and most of all very supportive no matter the activity level. Well worth the price and seems to sustain the amount of support after numerous wearings/washings.