|Price:||$58.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Polyester 88% / Lyrca 12%
- Molded exterior front offers support
- Seam-free molded cups and underwire separate and support for enhanced fit; smooth, no-line look under shirts
- Internal spacer fabric extends into straps to reinforce support and increase comfort
- Back adjustable straps for a custom fit
- Three hook-and-eye rows on band; plush backed
Customers also considered
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Our full-coverage support superstar. Moderate-contour cups offer extra modesty; rigid spacer fabric and underwire provide ultimate stability-all with supreme comfort.
With remarkable two-in-one support, the Moving Comfort Maia Bra is made to fit and flatter larger-breasted women. With seam-free molded cups and an underwire to separate and support the breasts, the Maia offers an enhanced fit and a smooth, no-line look under shirts. To further reinforce and support the chest and increase comfort, internal spacer fabric extends from the cup to the strap of the bra. The back straps are adjustable for an optimum fit, and three plush-backed hook-and-eye rows on band offer further adjustable comfort. On a purely aesthetic level, the Maia reduces the "tube" effect created by so many sports bras on the market so you can look great and feel great.
Designed for high-impact sports, the Maia features combined encapsulation and compression support. The encapsulation bra cup construction surrounds the breast to give support and shaping, protecting the breast tissue from horizontal, vertical, and circular motion during sports. Compression bra construction redistributes breast tissue to evenly press against the chest wall limiting overall motion. If you have been discouraged by sport bras that do not accommodate larger chest sizes or are unattractive to look at, then Maia is a great choice for you. Designed for comfort and beauty, this is a bra that recognizes the athleticism of all women.
- 2-in-1 support
- Seam-free molded cups
- Smooth, no-line look under shirts
- Internal spacer fabric reinforces support
- Adjustable back straps
- Three plush-backed hook-and-eye rows on band
- Compression: Bra cup construction that redistributes breast tissue to evenly press against the chest wall to limit motion
- Encapsulation: Bra cup construction that surrounds the breast to give support and shaping. Based on various degrees of impact, this structure helps to protect the breast tissue from horizontal, vertical, and circular motion during sports activities.
- Body: 88 percent polyester, 12 percent spandex Interior Cups: 100 percent polyester spacer fabric
- Machine washable
- Fasten the hooks before tossing them in the machine
- Hang dry
Find Your Fit:
- Band: Should be slightly more snug than a lingerie bra. Make sure you can comfortably take a deep breath with the bra fastened on the middle hook. Be sure the band doesn't ride up in the back. If it does, the band may be too loose and/or the straps need to be adjusted.
- Cups: Adjust your breasts for a proper fit. They should be completely held within the cups without overflowing. Fabric should be smooth. Wrinkles or puckers indicate the cup is too big. Underwire should sit on your ribcage below the breast tissue and follow your natural shape.
- Straps: Should offer minimal stretch to reduce up-and-down breast movement. Wider straps will disperse the weight and feel more comfortable. Straps should not dig in or slide off your shoulders. Adjustable straps offer a more custom fit.
About Moving Comfort:
Two female runners founded Moving Comfort in 1977 before there were women's workout clothes. In the 30-plus years since the founding, the company hasn't strayed from its original purpose. Moving Comfort uses high-quality, performance fabrics that have the right amount of stretch, perfect quick-wicking moisture management, and a healthy amount of comfort--cut exactly for a woman's body.
Moving Comfort follows the following guidelines in constructing high-performance athletic wear for women:
Moving means moving: The how doesn't matter--running, walking, weight training, yoga, martial arts, skiing, snowshoeing, rock climbing, horseback riding, golf, tennis, basketball, volleyball, soccer, inline skating...Moving Comfort naturally understands and designs clothes for a woman's body, whatever that body was meant to do.
Quality comes first: Moving Comfort understands the kind of support and freedom needed in clothing, and how that clothing should feel against the skin. The company knows what keeps women warm and dry when it's cold and cool and dry when it's hot. Knowledge, expertise and high standards shape the fit, fabric and function of every garment Moving Comfort designs.
Fit affects everything: Keeping fit improves every aspect of a woman's life--reducing the incidence of heart disease, breast cancer, osteoporosis, depression, and drug and alcohol abuse. If a girl or woman is more comfortable when she's working out, she's more likely to keep at it. That's why Moving Comfort views its technical garments--and the great fit of each piece--as a means to encourage women to get fit and stay fit.
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 5.5 x 5.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B001B1M6ZE
- Item model number: 505508
- Date first available at Amazon.com: December 21, 2002
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It has fantastic support for my size (34C), doesn't give me the dreaded uniboob, and--despite the underwire--the structure is comfortable. It is not a bra you can wear with anything other than a crew neck, though, as it comes up pretty high. If you are very active and don't need to wear anything low-cut, it's totally worth the trade-off for the support.
Sadly, either the shiny nylon material they chose as a shell over the top or the stitching over the padding inside (which makes contact with the top of my chest) itches terribly to the point it actually hurts. I have latex sensitivities so that may be the connection. Definitely not recommended for women with sensitive skin or allergies. Such a shame as I have not had this problem with other Moving Comfort bras, and this one is otherwise awesome.
As mentioned, I thought I had found one, and decided that I really did need a few more.My current one was looking rather dingy and pathetic, but oh, it can hurt to put out those big bucks for a small piece of fabric and a few hooks. I looked all over town and yes, most places carry the light support. Anything more heavy duty needed to be special ordered. I finally bit the bullet and after reading some reviews ordered two. This one arrived today.
It is a pretty bra! Yay!
Easy on, adjustable straps
No uni-boob! Yay! Yay!
No bounce! More than just a Yay- this is a Hooray!
Size was bang on! No pesky returns. This is a keeper.
I feel very snug and secure as I jog around my bedroom for a test drive( road test to follow!) and looking in the mirror I note there is next to nothing for bounce. I am sure this will make all the difference for me as I pursue more bouncy activities. Definitely money well spent. It might hurt to put out the money for things like this, but it will hurt more if we are bouncing and flopping all over the place- ouch!
The downside: it is just uncomfortable. The mesh part which covers the cups goes up way too high. This keeps my chest area much hotter than I am used to, resulting in uncomfortable sweating throughout the workout. It does have a nice band along the underside which helps to wick away the sweat, and mine was soaked at the end of an hour long workout. Besides the fact that it makes my chest sweat so bad, the underwire is just uncomfortable, also. It moves and rolls during some of the kickboxing moves and even does some funky things while running. I found myself pulling and moving this bra pretty regularly. Lastly, the clasp area is sewn in such a way that it constantly irritates my skin. I searched to make sure that there wasn't a piece of plastic or an errant string, but had no luck finding one. It is just itchy and scratchy. My first workout I had to finally tuck my shirt under the bra to get some relief. After that, I covered the area that was scratching me with a bandage to prevent more irritation.
I have to say that the Fiona is the one I love and this is a distant second. I kept it because it does work, and I hate returning items. But, when I order more, I won't be ordering this one.
- underwires poking where they shouldn't
- straps stretching
- an out of proportion look
- straps falling off the shoulders
There are more issues ... so it's worth getting the right measurement and spending the money to get a good bra. THIS is a very good bra.
You can tell right off by inspecting it how good the quality is. Double-layered it is like two bras in one. I use this for a 12 hour day in and out of an ambulance. I am a 40E-F and found the "E" (which is the largest size they carry) to be the best fit. Wearing a D cup just was not doing it for me and was causing fit problems. It's unbelievable what a good, supportive bra this is and how well it can balance out the physique when sized correctly. This bra sits high but looks much less like a Sports Bra than many others. It's lifts and separates and doesn't just 'glob' your chest together like a bandage. Believe me, I have worn many sports bras that do that!!! The Maia bra by Moving Comfort offers a LOT of support without making you feel like you are completely bound
I couldn't be more pleased. I have gone back to order two more - so I will have the black, white and the Bronte). Comfort without the digging from a super-stiff underwire. You cannot beat Amazon's price on these bras either, Moving Comfort is never inexpensive ... but you get what you pay for!
Most recent customer reviews
Hook and Eye closure
Workout in total control with this underwire sports bra
Built for high-impact activities such as Kickboxing