Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Moving on
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

78%
22%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 12, 2012
I remember sitting with K'jon in his bedroom & ASR 10 back in the late 90's, lol. He's a great songwriter & definitely true to roots of R&B while trying to balance the reality of today's R&B music scene. Definitely not an easy task. Overall, this CD is a step in the right direction. Tracks 1 - 8 are considered "Side A". The first song (tracks 1 and 2 are interludes), "Superman", starts out with an uptempo modern dance R&B type vibe that touts Detroit's influence on R&B music & how KJ feels like he can do anything. As for the rest of the songs on "Side A", you can tell he's really trying to establish the fact that he's capable of doing more than just ballads. Fair enough, he's trying to re-define himself and still stay true to the music in his heart, hence the title of his CD, "Moving On". K'Jon then takes a u-turn on Tracks 9-16 which is labeled "B-Side". These tracks are geared towards his original fans & expose new fans to the style of traditional R&B music that he really loves.

I'm a big fan of K'Jon, but I think the overall production of this CD had some room for improvement. For example, some of the vocal background harmonies (and even the lead vocals) are out of tune. Any producer who has worked with an artist knows that they don't always hit the notes perfectly. It's the producer's job (or someone with a better ear than he/she)to point that out to the artist when they make mistakes. Sometimes the issue can be corrected with software like AutoTune and the vocals will still sound natural, but the best approach is to make the singer do that part over again until they get it right. Unfortunately, there were too many times where the producer or engineer failed to do this. The responsibility of the producer to get the BEST possible performance out of the artist and to make sure the final product the best it can be. In my humble opinion, I don't think that happened as often as it should have. Some might say I'm being picky, but even the average listener can tell when vocal harmonies are not in tune. They may not know how to express it, but internally they can hear it and will often just move on to the next track.

However, there is one song on the CD which stood out the most and could easily be his #1 hit. It's called "Take This Dollar". It starts out with a synth based sound and then switches to an old school 60's type of sound. The song is something you might expect from Cee-Lo Green. I think it's the best track on the entire CD and could easily be a huge Billboard hit. If his people start pushing that song & it could get him more even more visibility than "On the Ocean" did (which is still one of my favorite songs of all time). If you're in tune with today's R&B/Pop scene, go listen to that song and I dare you to say it wouldn't be a mainstream hit.

Overall, I'm giving this CD rating of 3 because the majority of the tracks aren't terrible, but just not memorable enough to stay in the mind of most listeners. "Take This Dollar" is the only song I heard that has the potential to really move K'Jon into the consciousness of more mainstream R&B/Pop listeners. The man has incredible talent, but I think he needs to work top of the line producers in the future to really shine and move on. Don't stop KJ, because you're definitely on your way.
on April 30, 2012
As much as I loved I GET AROUND, the only thing that K'jon did was reaffirm me that he's not a one-trick pony. This disc have that same R&B vibe as his first release and I enjoyed it. He knows where his strengths lie and how to focus them so that he won't come off as someone who need to bite off of another's style to get ahead. The head-boppers, the ballads and the inspirational tunes all fall in line with one another and made for a great cd. Hopefully, he won't leave the game too soon, cause soul music need him, just like our ears do. GOOD WORK, K'JON!!
on May 18, 2012
K'Jon did it again with another smooth album. I loved I get around but I have to say this one is just as good. Really hard to find great rnb music not and days. I am just glad someone is still making great rnb music for the grown folks
on May 5, 2012
All I can say about this brother and his junior release ... He Really Out Did himself this time around. Every track on "Moving On" is outstanding. This recording is a "must" have for any fan of mid-tempo mood music. Congratulations are in order for you, K'Jon ... Keep up with smooth gooves...
on May 6, 2013
K'Jon is an excellent artist, I have enjoyed him since 2009 listening to him now, come on you guys support our brother, he needs a new record label that will give him a world tour, you will
enjoy him.
on June 5, 2012
love it!!! K'Jon is a diamond in the rough!!! His music for an upcoming artist is an eye opening. This CD is a must buy !!! I didn't know he is that good but he is!!
on March 22, 2013
I have not had time to het into this cd,I probably will just let it play for me while I do some reading to see what vibe I get from it.
on June 16, 2012
This is bringing back R&B like it should be. He does not enough credit, he did a very good job on the album.
on March 3, 2015