Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Discover it  Kansas Starting at $39.99 Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Halloween Tailgate-Garden Amazon Football TV Wall Mounting shameless7 shameless7 shameless7  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition ErrollGarner Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > PlayStation 3 60GB System forum

Mp3 compatible w/ PS3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2009 4:23:24 PM PST
C. B. Harris says:
I was wondering if their are any mp3 players compatible w/ the Ps3?

Posted on Dec 22, 2009 4:31:24 PM PST
Rab says:
Compatible? I'm not sure what you mean. I can connect my walkman to the ps3 and transfer songs to and from it. I can also play it from walkman itself w/o transferring to the ps3. I'm pretty sure on my ipod, before it died i could do that too.

Posted on Dec 22, 2009 4:35:25 PM PST
yeah you can use ipods on there the files arent organized though

Posted on Dec 22, 2009 4:43:14 PM PST
C. B. Harris says:
i mean can u transfer music from ur ps3 to a mp3.

Posted on Dec 22, 2009 5:03:35 PM PST
Rab says:
Yeah you can transfer music too and from ur ps3 and mp3

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2009 5:22:56 PM PST
Watcher says:
Rabbit, are you sure that's true for iPods? Because I know they sync to iTunes for a reason and I don't think you can put music on them without iTunes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2009 5:18:52 AM PST
J r . says:
Well, it might be possible IF the hidden folder MUSIC shows up on the PS3, that's where iPod stores the mp3s.

Posted on Dec 23, 2009 9:23:49 AM PST
Captain Kidd says:
Good luck. I use my Motorola V9 as an MP3 player. 'PS3 does everything' my azz. It doesn't pair with bluetooth phones. It also does not read mp3 files from a phone when connected via USB. Oh, and it also does not seem to read mp3 files from an SD card. I guess the memory card slots are just there for decoration.

Posted on Dec 23, 2009 9:33:55 AM PST
Yea I'm not sure if it reads songs from iTunes either.. Atleast it won't show up when I'm trying to stream MP3's.. Maybe if I copy songs from whatever the Music folder is from iTunes and paste them in the right spot?

Posted on Dec 23, 2009 10:04:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2009 10:07:22 AM PST
Rab says:
Weird. I know I could use my Ipod with it, but mine was old. Also it might be worth noting that my phone is sony, and so is my mp3 player now, walkman x series.

Oh I do remember I had to do this roundabout way to get it to work though. I had to go "show all folder" in the ps3 to make it should all the stuff. Oh and the titles won't be the song titles. I'll be like 0803jkalsa0d8 some crap like that. Apple stuff is gay like that.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
PlayStation 3, 20GB
PlayStation 3, 20GB by Sony (PlayStation 3)
3.4 out of 5 stars (103)