Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 5, 2016
This should be clearly marked as a "Board Book". It is marked as a "Hardcover" which I guess it is compared to a paperback. However, nowhere in the description does it say that it is a small board book. The original hardcover is what I wanted and what I thought I was ordering. Disappointed when I received a board book and can't find any way to reliably order the hardcover.
12 people found this helpful
on October 13, 2017
Fun book. There's no really strong message. A man named Mr. Brown can make a bunch of different noises of things, and the book asks the reader/listener whether they can mimic the noises as well. There's a lot of fun onomatopoeia. While "moo" and "buzz" are common words, it includes noises like a hippopotamus chewing gum ("grum grum grum grum") and other fanciful, playful sounds. The meter isn't quite as obvious in some sections as others. The illustrations are typical Seuss, with bright colors and stylized characters and animals.

There's nothing really to it. It's enjoyable and light. My kids enjoy making funny noises. Silly things are attractive to children. The imaginative, whimsical aspects of this book are great. There's no real message to it, but it might encourage children to use their imagination and be more descriptive of things.

For more children's book reviews, see my website at drttmk dot com.
2 people found this helpful
on January 7, 2017
Love this book! This is the second one we have bought because we wore out our first. This has a very easy flow to the read. Lots of "sound-words" that my toddlers love to hear. I love this one from Dr. Seuss so much that I would even purchase it a third time if need be.
5 people found this helpful
on October 22, 2016
My 10 month old LOVES this book. She lights up every time we read this to her. She also grabs it and pretends to read it turning it around in her hands. So great.

We do funny sound effects and really get into reading for her. I think that is so important to do in order to engage your baby/child when reading.
4 people found this helpful
on March 17, 2017
I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the product description. In case anyone else misunderstands like I did, this is not a regular sized book. It is a compact version. I wouldn't have bought it if I'd noticed that
on November 18, 2016
Another great book from Dr. Seuss. The thing I love most is the size - easy to bring in the diaper bag, and the bright colors. The story and words are fun but it's also fun to be able to throw it in my purse :)!
on April 12, 2017
Simple story line and catchy. My kids love this book and beg us to read this book over and over again.
on February 19, 2018
This is my favorite Dr. Suess book. I bought it for my granddaughter for Christmas (it was her Mom's favorite at her age!) - She has a cousin coming in August. I'll be ordering another! It is a less common Dr. Suess book so I was very happy to find it on Amazon.
One person found this helpful
on May 28, 2018
This is the perfect little board book for my 6 month old son. He adores this book. I’ve read it way more times than I would like - but every time I pull this off the bookshelf, as soon as he sees the cover he just lights right up.
Mr. Brown Can Moo is great for babies. It’s also easy to memorise because parents will read this an infinite amount of times.
on April 29, 2018
I purchased the board book as a gift for a friend’s newborn and I guess I should have considered the book’s dimensions more closely. The book is tiny! To be fair, the listing isn’t misleading but it is still an awfully small book.

The book itself is great and seems like it will be durable. I have fond memories of reading Dr. Seuss books growing up, and the pictures are always entertaining.
review image