Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Original, 4 Count
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Size: 4 count|Change
Price:$3.21+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on December 23, 2004
This is great for walls, painted cabinets, floors, places you find kid-grime, EXCEPT varnished handrails and spindles on stairs! I had to re-varnish since I removed the shiny finish with this Eraser. The package DOES give this warning, but I started cleaning with it and it works so well and quick that I just went all over the house!
0Comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
My wife likes these pads to clean up tough areas that get dirty. She has used them on the walls, showers and tubs, patio furniture and also removing scuff marks from our hardwood floors. These will remove crayon from the wall. They are even good for cleaning up your shoes and tennis shoes. .

You just wet them and squeeze out the excess water and gently rub. Just remember if you use too much pressure they may scratch or dull the surface of some finishes. They are not recommended on surfaces that are polished, glossy, with a brushed on satin finish or dark colors.

They are a good product but not the magic answer to all of your cleaning needs. When in doubt just clean a small area to make that you will not damage the surface. This is a good product and we recommend it to you.
on April 25, 2014
These work for everything. I cut them in to small pieces and use one piece at a time to save on ruining the whole sponge on one use. They last a lot longer this way.
on March 19, 2013
I've been using magic eraser for a few years now, and no doubt, it is indeed good for what it is and does. If you have some wicked awful mark on a cabinet or a wall, this will get it off!
It's removed pen and crayon from cabinets and doors and walls and even laminate flooring (thanks kids!!), and even removed hair dye that had sunk into a painted cabinet surface as well as a bathroom wall - which is really pretty impressive since that stuff fiercely permeates every surface it comes into contact with! - but it has some drawbacks.

My first issue with this product is that it leaves a white, chalky film behind where you clean, which is horribly awful to the touch and is a real pain to clean up. You can't just whip out your magic eraser, clean up that spot on the wall and go, you need to follow up with a soapy water or surface cleaner and really get it thoroughly cleaned up or else it is noticeable upon drying.

The other issue i have with this product is that it easily crumbles with use. The actual eraser pad tends to completely fall apart into pieces while in use. Granted, this is not a huge issue, but it gets annoying especially when tackling more difficult jobs that require extra elbow grease.

Lastly, it does have a tendency to remove actual paint from the surfaces you are cleaning. If you are again, cleaning a difficult job, be careful as you might remove some small amounts of paint. Not large swatches of paint, but you will notice a loss of paint in a type of stippling effect, so to speak. It is probably not noticeable on a large scale but I felt it was worth noting.

Overall, I would recommend cleaning and just repainting any areas you really have issues with, assuming you have leftover paint for touch ups, but if not this is the next best thing. I still buy these for small jobs even though I've made it a habit of keeping small jars of touchup paint in my house, but from experience will not use these for more than the occasional pen mark or such.
Good to have on hand, but it's definitely a bit more than it would seem to get the most out of this product!
33 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2013
works great, but falls apart in no time at all. seems kind of expensive for a one time deal. 5 stars for ability, 1 star for longevity
on October 18, 2013
This eraser is perfect for erasing sketch pen marks from walls. My toddler had pen marks all over the living room wall which did not go away by scrubbing with soapy water and dish towel. I thought it was a lost cause until i googled and found rave reviews about Mr. Clean. I ordered it from amazon but was skeptical. I tried it on and Voila, gentle scrubbing using Mr. Clean and marks all gone. Works like magic but when you rinse it clean under water and squeeze out excess water to let i dry, it disintegrates. This happened after using it just twice. Not sure if I am doing something wrong but I would still buy it for what it works on..
on May 26, 2015
Where have these been my whole life?!?! I love these! I've heard of them and never tried them till recently! Now I will never live without these again! I am using them on just about everything. All the little marks and such that I thought wouldn't come off are gone now. We had some rust stains from a can that sat on our counter.....all gone!! I use them on the tub, the sinks, the tile, the window, window sills and just about every where! I love these !!
on February 28, 2014
You need to use a significant amount of pressure to clean stains (countertop, the gunk under the refrigerator, the sink) and therefore the pads crumble and break. Not safe to use, and annoying. Dislike.
on May 30, 2016
This thing is awful!!!! It's my first time purchasing a Mr. Clean product so I'm wondering, is this a knockoff???!! The directions say: 1. Wet Humedecer. I did and the entire thing started disintegrating; it finished doing so as soon as I pressed it against my shoe. I bought it to clean other things, not to clean after it.
review image review image
on January 25, 2012
Great product, use it all the time. But be careful when cleaning non-glossy or flat paint, you will go right down to the base coat if you are too aggressive.