Lyft Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 570 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 753 reviews
Many people buy this machine to save money from the expensive coffee houses.

I bought it because the nearest location I can buy a Frappe is 25 miles from home ...
I also bought it because I like coffee in the afternoon, and I could use decaf ...
And then there's the fact that I'm diabetic and need low carb choices ...

So for me, it not only saves money, but it makes the impossible possible.
I've been using the Gevalia Dark Chocolate Truffle Ground Coffee, Decaffeinated, 8-Ounce Packages (Pack of 3), with 1/2 cup water in the top. Then in the blender I add 2 cups of ice, 3 TBS low Carb chocolate syrup, Equal, and 1/4 cup nonfat milk.

Three minutes later I have a scrumptious frappe, fully approved by my doctor! Because of the low calorie count and the lack of caffeine, I can have as many of these as I want at any time of day. Right now I'm whipping one up for breakfast and another one in the evening as a low calorie substitute for ice cream.

Everything on this is easy to use and easy to clean. It made no more noise than the blender I was using to try to make my own (unsuccessfully), and not a drop leaked anywhere. Everything locks tightly for a safe and mess-free experience.

I love the recipe book included (which even has some alcoholic options), but the best part for me is being able to substitute what I like to make my very own perfect frappe. I like mine light (like McDonalds), but if you want a heavier coffee flavor, you simply add more grounds to make it your way.

I've put my coffee maker away for the summer (maybe forever), and moved the blender back under the counter. Since this is smaller than my blender, it hardly takes any counter space.

Fortunately, I opened the box before I brought it home and realized it needed the 4 cup basket filters, so I was able to grab them while I was still at the store. I bought the 2-4 cup size which fit perfectly. But other than wishing the information on the filters was included in the details on the outside of the package, it was a wonderful purchase for me.

I bought this locally on sale, and as a result this will more than pay for itself in about two weeks ...

*** NOTE *** The video is "real time" so you can see exactly how long it takes to go from beginning to end. It actually took me longer to upload the video to Amazon than to make the Frappe - and in the time it takes you to watch the video, you could be sipping yours!

SPECIAL NOTE
Mr. Coffee has recently come out with a latte maker Mr. Coffee BVMC-EL1 Cafe Latte. If you are looking for something similar to use for your winter drinks, it is nearly as awesome as the frappe maker. I have posted a video there as well, and now rotate between them based on season.

*** Edited Review *** I purchased a second Frappe machine for my daughter which we used about 5 times a day for a week. She is using ice cubes from her freezer, and even though we were sure her lid was secure, one of the ice cubes caught the lid wrong (or is it right) and loosened it, causing the "kitchen mess" others have reported occurred. This happened once in about 35 times of use.

I am using smaller crushed ice and ice from an ice machine (small and round) and have not had it happen on my machine yet, even though I have made more than 70 frappes in my machine - but I have removed a star, Mr Coffee really does need to make sure the lid is secure and locks.

****Second Edit**** This morning (about 10 months after I purchased the Cafe Frappe, my unit would not power up. :'( However, I called customer support and they were able to walk me though a quick fix. I'm back up and running. Since customer support is important to me, I wanted to add this to my review.

*** Updated Dec 2012. The Frappe maker survived the move to a more civilized location, in easy driving distance, but the ice maker that keeps it supplied did not! After looking at the price of Frappes, I am continuing to make my own.

*** Updated May 2013. It started getting warm again, and I pulled out my Frappe Maker once again. It works just as good as ever! You should know that I am now on my third ice making machine to supply ice to this, my favorite appliance. If it ever gives up the ghost for real, I won't have to even consider whether it is worth replacing, I will buy a new one, with overnight shipping - since I have prime, it costs less to ship overnight than to buy even one frappe.
2222 comments| 419 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2016
It's great that it has more than one function and allows for me to make my own Starbucks like frappes at home for a fraction of the cost, however there are a few flaws that I want to point out. 1) During the use, it gives off a burning plastic odor that lingers for a little while after the use. 2) It is extremely loud. If you are looking to have a wake-up from your coffee, there isn't a need because the sound will wake up you and your entire house. 3) Use only 3/4 of the recommended ice in recipes as this doesn't chop nearly as good as I think it should. Overall, it is a great addition to my at home coffee bar.
on March 2, 2017
Takes a while to entertain a crowd due to the small size but great for two small drinks. "10oz x 2"

While you can modify the recipes all you want don't overfill or you will have an explosion all over your kitchen!
I've done it twice, each time no damage to the unit but quite the mess!

A cool little unit.
Forget using regular coffee, it will taste watered down.. Go ahead and get the good stuff.. Fine ground expresso! It will smell like your in Starbucks while preparing!
on December 6, 2013
This is the best thing ever. I have a serious frappuccino addiction, and this little thing enables me without emptying my bank account. The ice crush function is really effective; I would recommend using ice cubes 1" or smaller for best results, otherwise you might get some small chunks of ice. There is also a "blend" function if you want to blend it even more, but it does a really good job on its own. The result is authentic and perfect, and it creates a frothy top that I am pretty sure is the most delicious thing in the world. I also enjoy the "blend" function, because I can make blended chocolate milk or ice smoothies too; it seems to blend the ice effortlessly (unlike my regular blender, which has an "ice crush" function that would be more accurate if it were labeled a "remove corners of ice cubes" function) into a snow cone like consistency. It's not as finely crushed as the ice in a coffee coolatta, but it is completely crushed to the point of being easily consumed. If you like frozen blended coffee drinks enough to buy them in the dead of a northern winter, you seriously need this.
on March 4, 2017
Simply amazing. A little louder then my blender but makes great drinks with regular coffee. Frappe mix is really not a must but is great to. This is going to save me tons of money this summer.
review image
on March 17, 2014
I watched the video on Amazon of this machine actually making a Frappe and was impressed with how it works, so I bought it for myself as a gift from my husband at Christmas (I bought him the soda stream from me ). I have loved using it. It is so simple to use, makes a great tasting Frappe along with other drinks, and you can adjust the amount of coffee used or the flavoring. I grind my own Starbucks beans for fresher, stronger flavor so can use less if desired. When the blender first kicks in with grinding the ice, it is extremely loud and made me jump the first time I used it. It does have a green light that blinks several times to give you a heads up if you watch for it, but still is suddenly quite loud. I love the way it blends off and on to allow the ice to settle between periods of blending. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the warning of not making too many batches back to back due to overheating. The top does feel hot after making one batch, but I have made more than one at a time. By the time you pour and serve the first batch, then prepare the second, it allows the machine to cool a little between batches. There is a separate blend button you can use for extra blending if desired. I usually hit it a few more times when the cycle is complete just to make sure it is well blended, but probably not really necessary.

Since I've only used it a couple months and not daily, I can't comment on the longevity of the machine. So for now I'm very glad I purchased it. I can have a Starbucks Frappe without leaving my home. I actually purchased a Starbucks mocha Frappe last week and it wasn't nearly as flavorable as the ones I now make. I didn't even finish drinking it.
on July 5, 2013
I have now owned one for five months. Does it make a frappe like the big boys? Not really. Mostly because it puts drip coffee into your frappe instead of pump espresso. However it still puts out a tasty drink. It does green tea frappe best...well, in my opinion. Easy to clean! That matters a lot to me!! It makes the drip coffee fast, so fast that sometimes i just use the first part of the cycle and stop it before it blends to use the coffee in an iced latte. If you buy one i would suggest you keep the box and fitted foam. I was asked to bring it places and was sooo happy i kept the box.

Problems? When it is on my counter, none. I have, however, taken it with me to three other places and for some reason when the blending process starts it travels over the counter, the stuff comes through the lid and makes a huge mess. So i usually hold the base for like two seconds to keep it from making too much of a mess before it settles down. But like i said, when i am at home with it, it has no such problem. One thing that i would like to change about it is that it would have some sort of warning before it starts to blend. A little green light blinks in warning but unless you're staring at it you wouldn't know. When you start the frappe cycle it does the drip first and it lasts just long enough for you to forget that you were making a frappe. So it tends to scare you and your animals and friends half to death when it starts to blend. If there were just a beep..beep..beep along with the green light that would solve the problem.
on November 16, 2015
I am a loyal McDonald's Carmel Frappe customer but this is such an amazing product!!! When I first read reviews I was so worried to purchase but so glad I did!! It took me a week to really get the Frappes like I wanted even after following the recipe book but now that I get them just right I don't want anything else! And I don't have curved ice cubes like the book recomments, I use ice cubes from a tray and they work just fine! A little loud but it doesn't last long!
on March 1, 2016
Oh my goodness what a fun wonderful product. When I was employed, I would stop off at Starbucks every morning and get a frappuccino. The company I was working for was bought out and now I am unemployed and struggling finding a job. Long story short, I missed my morning frapps. I did some research and discovered the Mr. Coffee Frappe Maker. It was affordable and looked perfect.
I just received it today, and made my first Frappe. WOOOOHOOOOO. Oh what fun it was and the end result, DELICIOUS. I love this thing. Mr. Coffee, you have made a sad girl into one happy camper. THANK YOU.
on December 15, 2015
If you're s frappe lover like I am, this is a must have! I love it! I use it daily! It pays for itself. No more Starbucks or McDonald's, I make my own. It's so easy!
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.