Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,678 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,833 reviews
on July 3, 2016
I have purchased two, Mr. Coffee Single Serve Brewers within the last month, one from Wal Mart and one from Amazon. Both quit working within a few days of purchasing them. Neither made more than 5-6 cups of coffee total. I used bottled water and k-cups in both so I do not believe it was due to any fault of ours. With both brewers, the pump comes on but it doesn't pull any water from the reservoir into the machine, so nothing brews. It's also not a case of us not setting them up correctly, I know that because they each brewed a few cups before they quit working. I think they are faulty machines. I don't recommend them, at all. I guess I am back to searching for a decent single-serve machine.
VINE VOICEon May 2, 2015
After years of debating, I finally broke down and bought a Keurig coffee maker. Well, this is a Mr. Coffee coffee maker, which is a brand I have stuck with most of my adult life - and that's about 35 years of coffee drinking.

Since I only want one good cup of coffee a day, this single serve maker lets me indulge when I have my one cup.

This unit could not be simpler, but I wish the water carafe was easier to manage. It's kind of awkward feeling and I seriously hope I do not drop it and crack it or something. That worries me.

I get my one cup of hot coffee in about 30 seconds with this machine. It's hot but not too hot to begin drinking immediately. Now I am experimenting with coffees. Yes, it's more expensive than old coffee maker coffee. You are literally paying ten times the money for one tenth of the product. You are paying for the little plastic tubs the coffee comes in. For a few bucks you can invest in a plastic unit that works with your own coffee, but since I am in the honeymoon phase with my new coffeemaker, I am indulging myself and squandering hard earned money on 12 packs of single serve coffee varieties from many different brands.

I am indulging myself. This coffee maker makes me feel special. No more paper filters or coffee grounds in my cup for me. I hope this thing lasts. I hope it's not too good to be true. My husband hates it so our old coffee maker is still sitting on the kitchen counter next to this one. That's okay. We can't afford for both of us to drink expensive coffee sold in plastic shot-sized units. This is mine.

UPDATE: Bought this in April and don't even use it daily and now, in December, the pump stopped working. Good thing I kept my back-up coffee maker.
on October 8, 2016
Lasted for 3 days, 6 cups of coffee. Warranty not honored by Mr. Coffee

Received BVMC-KG6 from Amazon on October 5 2016.
Stopped working on October 7 2016.
I called Mr. Coffees Warranty number and talked to their Service Representative.
They asked me for the number found on one of the prongs of the power plug.
It was G146, I was told that this product is over one year old so is no longer Warranted.
I discarded the original packaging that this came in as it did work the first day out of the box.
Does Amazon allow returns if the original packaging/box it came is gone?
This also came with a box of 5 Keurig Brew cups past their expiration date.
A sticker on this box has a best used date of July 25 2015.
on May 14, 2016
This is an updated review. I have owned *SEVERAL K-cup & Keurig-licensed machines over the yrs! Having purchased this unit in March of 2016, I was thrilled that at 1/3rd the price of my actual broken old former Keurig brand K-cup Machine, that *this* Mr. Coffee unit seemed to be more robust and sturdy, as well as the sound and noises that this unit made were "healthier and more robust" than my prvs Keurig and Cuisinart single-serve k-cup units. *Those* machines seemed to wheeze and work harder at the task of brewing a good cup...*now* it's the end of September, 2016 and the unit died over a month ago, refuses to push water threw to brew... and I have done *everything* the Mfr. says to do to clean and unclog the unit. kaput! I bought this thing when it was first offered at a good price... like $57 ... now I see they're asking you for circa $80... I'm not sure that *any* of these single-serve-brewer-machines, as a group, can *EVER* BE RELIABLE, the technology/design/durability factor, after well over a decade, just isn't there. In 6 months-to-maybe over two years: plan on buying a
replacement, REGARDLESS of whose unit you buy!
on July 25, 2016
Bought this for my husband for a Fathers Day gift. I had looked at so many and initially had planned on buying the Kurig brand. After reading lots of reviews on the Kurig brand, the most common complain seemed to be that you had to buy their k-cups which are more expensive. I read where there were ways to bypass that but really didn't want to have to rig it up to work. So glad I found this one!! It was cheaper than the Kurig brand ones and it does just as good. He loves it! We have used so many different brand k-cups as well as the k-cup you can get where you add regular coffee to it. He probably uses that the most but when we had just a regular coffee maker he was always making a whole pot but only drinking a cup or 2 so a lot got wasted not to mention the time it took to brew a whole pot. Now a container of coffee last so much longer because he makes a cup at a time and he loves that he is able to brew a cup within a minute of walking out the door. He says the coffee seems much smoother. The only cup is has not fit is his Yeti so if he wants to use that he just brews in a smaller cup and pours it in the Yeti.
on December 18, 2013
We had been using a small single-serve maker that uses the Senseo pods, which we love as well. The problem is if you need them on the spur of the moment, they aren't easily attainable. Local markets do stock them, but in very small quantities. Anyhow, we waited as long as we could to join the Keurig bandwagon since according to reviews, these machines are very unreliable and expensive.

I knew my wife was very interested because of the ease of use and all the different flavored coffees in ALL of the stores. I saw the price of this machine on Amazon and thought why not. It's reasonably priced so if it breaks in 6 months, at least we scratched the Keurig itch. So far we have no complaints.

I really enjoy the 40oz. water reservoir. With the Senseo we had to pour measured water in each time. I love being able to pop a k-cup in and just hit a button and have a cup of great coffee a minute later.

Some basic overall points:

1) If you are like me and need your coffee steaming hot (hate lukewarm coffee and tea), what I've found is that the coffee produced is hot enough if you're drinking it without cream or milk. If you do add those things then you will likely need to nuke the coffee for 30 seconds or so to make up for the cold creamer.

2)There is no off switch. The machine keeps water at a constant temperature. Obviously, if this concerns you electricity wise you can unplug the machine when not in use and it doesn't take long for the machine to heat the water.

NOTE: Here's an odd tip. If you do unplug the machine as I do, when you go to make a cup make sure you plug the machine in and turn it on first before loading the K-cup. If you try to grab a k-cup and load it before plugging machine in then it won't begin to brew when you hit the start button. You then have to open the cup holder and close it again before brewing.

3) Very easy machine to use. This isn't one of those Keurig machines with the blue screen with all the options. On this one you have a button to pick size of cup you want (6 oz, 8 oz, etc) and the start button which turns machine on when it has been unplugged and begins the brew cycle.

4) If you care about such things, it's an impressive looking machine on your counter top. I also have the spinning chrome k-cup holder that holds 30 or so cups in it sitting right next to the machine on the granite counter top and it's like having a coffee house in your kitchen. This is a very solid looking machine with a decent sized footprint. Again, I'm coming from a small senseo single serve pod machine so maybe that's why this one stands out as so large and bulky to me.

5) One final tip. If for some reason the machine doesn't spit any coffee out once you've started the brewing process, check the bottom of the k-cup. On one of mine the hole punched on the bottom of the cup ended up not being large enough and I guess the pressure of the backup forced the machine to stop the brewing. That's only happened once to us so far.

At the end of the day I'd recommend this machine. It's reasonably priced, has performed well so far, fits any size cup, easy to use, etc. Based on reviews for these type of machines and how often they break down, I'd be happy to get a year out of this one based on the price. We shall see.
on September 11, 2016
After reading the reviews and feeling more and more dissatisfied with my Keurig brand brewer, and the price, I thought this would be worth a try. 6 months later it's DOA, it just pumps water out the bottom. I'm waiting to hear back from Jarden - I tried the online chat which is a huge waste of time - it's buggy and kicked me off in the middle of a chat several times. A few times I would get to the #1 spot and it would say there were no agents available try again later. The agent did tell me the brewers ARE WAY OLDER THAN THE PURCHASE DATE. We will see if it's an issue for the warranty.

I'm kind of glad it's dead, I never really liked it as well as the real thing. Mostly little annoying things. Like when you buy a pair of cheap sunglasses. They work but...

It took too long to heat up, it was such a tease - it sat there looking ready to brew but as soon as I needed a cup it would have to heat which took way longer than the Keurig ever did. It has a setting to put it to sleep or something but that wasn't the problem, I tried both options.

Our coffee maker is on a side table so the cord needs to be able to reach a standard height outlet from a standard height table, it's about 2" short. Every other coffee maker we have had for 15 years can reach. This detail - saving 2" of electrical cord probably saves the company thousands, and let's them sell this model for a few bucks less. If your coffee maker is directly in front of an outlet, then no worries.

In summary
Dead after 6 months
Slow to brew (even after the water is hot)
Slow to heat
The styling is OK
The cup size selector is a thumbs down - especially for a blearry eyed sleepy person trying to get coffee
The cord is ridiculously short

I will not buy this again. If they warranty it out and send me a new one, I'll keep it as a back up.
on September 22, 2014
Works great. Solidly built and at a reasonable cost. I knew I didn't want the new 2.0 system. For one it's too expensive. Secondly it takes special k-cups. The new 2.0 kcups have some kind of copy protection scheme. You can't just use any kcups. The new ones have some kind of sensor in the foil--meaning the company gave Keurig a kickback for the right to make the 2.0 kcup. I suppose Keurig is worried about "unauthorized" kcups on the market. Of course it just came out and people have already circumvented the "DRM". Sorry, I don't need a coffee pot that is locked down tighter than an iPhone. C'mon Keurig!!!

That's what drew me to the Mr. Coffee. It takes any kcup and even the "My K-cup" for use with my own coffee. It's perfect in the morning to make a quick cup of coffee on my way out the door.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 31, 2014
A better Keurig isn't actually a Keurig... So I purchased a Keurig Knock-Off, which is actually better rated than Keurig. Keurig themselves have had a terrible reputation mostly because of 2.0 only using 'their' branded cups. Also some recalls due to product flaws. Mr Coffee makes a Keurig better than Keurig. 40oz Water Tank, uses any cups, multiple strength selection, height adjustment, and supposedly build like a tank.

It's so versatile I don't see why anyone would need anything else. If you leave cups out you can brew hot water for your tea bags in seconds. That's assuming you don't want to use tea k-cups. So it functions as a hot water dispenser as well.

Some Keurig (Mr. Coffee) tips.. 1) If you brew tea like I do, set the first cup at 8oz, then you can brew two fresh 8oz cups before disposal. Or you can set first cup at 8oz, then two 'warming' cups to keep your tea warm, and topped off at 6oz each. This extends the use of a single cup tremendously. 2) For Coffee it gets weak too quick, so set the first cup at 8oz, then dial down to 6oz for a 'warming' top off, then discard the cup. A single tea K-Cup costs about 35 cents, and you can get 2-3 cups of tea out of each one. Not bad! 3) For hot water open the device, remove K-Cup, close it and brew hot water for cocoa, tea bags, oatmeal, etc.
on November 23, 2015
I had high hopes for this little machine. It is compact, uses a variety of single-serve cup options including K-Cups, and Mr. Coffee is known to make a decent cup of coffee. But after almost a year of use, I have to say I've been very disappointed in this machine. Here auare some of my issues:
*The water reservoir is very small and needs refilling often
*The machine can get very hot while powered on and there is no auto-shut off which is a bit of a safety issue
*Takes a very long time to heat up and be ready to brew
*Doesn't make a very good up of coffee using standard K-Cups, about standard with Keriug
*Very loud

If you're looking for a basic little machine, this is it, but for the money, I expected more. I have finally decided to bail on this for my office and I am switching over to a Nespresso machine instead.