Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,664 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,816 reviews
on January 10, 2016
This unit is very good if you know how to fix it. It was leaking water on the counter after a year the pump that sense the water back to the holding tank gets week so the water runs down the in side wall. I analyzed it and all you have to do is turn the spout at a 45 degrees and it won't run down the back wall.
review image
VINE VOICEon May 2, 2015
After years of debating, I finally broke down and bought a Keurig coffee maker. Well, this is a Mr. Coffee coffee maker, which is a brand I have stuck with most of my adult life - and that's about 35 years of coffee drinking.

Since I only want one good cup of coffee a day, this single serve maker lets me indulge when I have my one cup.

This unit could not be simpler, but I wish the water carafe was easier to manage. It's kind of awkward feeling and I seriously hope I do not drop it and crack it or something. That worries me.

I get my one cup of hot coffee in about 30 seconds with this machine. It's hot but not too hot to begin drinking immediately. Now I am experimenting with coffees. Yes, it's more expensive than old coffee maker coffee. You are literally paying ten times the money for one tenth of the product. You are paying for the little plastic tubs the coffee comes in. For a few bucks you can invest in a plastic unit that works with your own coffee, but since I am in the honeymoon phase with my new coffeemaker, I am indulging myself and squandering hard earned money on 12 packs of single serve coffee varieties from many different brands.

I am indulging myself. This coffee maker makes me feel special. No more paper filters or coffee grounds in my cup for me. I hope this thing lasts. I hope it's not too good to be true. My husband hates it so our old coffee maker is still sitting on the kitchen counter next to this one. That's okay. We can't afford for both of us to drink expensive coffee sold in plastic shot-sized units. This is mine.

UPDATE: Bought this in April and don't even use it daily and now, in December, the pump stopped working. Good thing I kept my back-up coffee maker.
on December 14, 2016
The System drips a great amount of clear water all over the kitchen counter no matter what brand of coffee cups I used. Online chat customer service is very poor, the chat rep told me today (December 2016) that the system is too old ( was bought in July 2015), and that I should buy a new one.
Update Dec 24/2016 Mr Coffee sent me a new reservoir only to have a countertop full of leaked water again. Phone customer server is very poor. Very poor, unpolished, uncaring, customer reps both on the phone and on the chat line. I would NOT recommend this product as other customers have noted the leak issue . the leak issue is well known to the company, but the company (either Mr Coffee, or Keurig who is the manufacturer) is doing nothing to fix the problem. If you call to complain , do NOT wasite your time completing the survey after the call, this is only a cheap, meanigless psychological tactic
on July 3, 2016
I have purchased two, Mr. Coffee Single Serve Brewers within the last month, one from Wal Mart and one from Amazon. Both quit working within a few days of purchasing them. Neither made more than 5-6 cups of coffee total. I used bottled water and k-cups in both so I do not believe it was due to any fault of ours. With both brewers, the pump comes on but it doesn't pull any water from the reservoir into the machine, so nothing brews. It's also not a case of us not setting them up correctly, I know that because they each brewed a few cups before they quit working. I think they are faulty machines. I don't recommend them, at all. I guess I am back to searching for a decent single-serve machine.
on May 14, 2016
This is an updated review. I have owned *SEVERAL K-cup & Keurig-licensed machines over the yrs! Having purchased this unit in March of 2016, I was thrilled that at 1/3rd the price of my actual broken old former Keurig brand K-cup Machine, that *this* Mr. Coffee unit seemed to be more robust and sturdy, as well as the sound and noises that this unit made were "healthier and more robust" than my prvs Keurig and Cuisinart single-serve k-cup units. *Those* machines seemed to wheeze and work harder at the task of brewing a good cup...*now* it's the end of September, 2016 and the unit died over a month ago, refuses to push water threw to brew... and I have done *everything* the Mfr. says to do to clean and unclog the unit. kaput! I bought this thing when it was first offered at a good price... like $57 ... now I see they're asking you for circa $80... I'm not sure that *any* of these single-serve-brewer-machines, as a group, can *EVER* BE RELIABLE, the technology/design/durability factor, after well over a decade, just isn't there. In 6 months-to-maybe over two years: plan on buying a
replacement, REGARDLESS of whose unit you buy!
on November 23, 2015
I had high hopes for this little machine. It is compact, uses a variety of single-serve cup options including K-Cups, and Mr. Coffee is known to make a decent cup of coffee. But after almost a year of use, I have to say I've been very disappointed in this machine. Here auare some of my issues:
*The water reservoir is very small and needs refilling often
*The machine can get very hot while powered on and there is no auto-shut off which is a bit of a safety issue
*Takes a very long time to heat up and be ready to brew
*Doesn't make a very good up of coffee using standard K-Cups, about standard with Keriug
*Very loud

If you're looking for a basic little machine, this is it, but for the money, I expected more. I have finally decided to bail on this for my office and I am switching over to a Nespresso machine instead.
on December 9, 2015
This Mr Coffee, actually works longer than any of the other Keurig coffee makers, under different names, I have used. The others, the water pumps, all went out within 1 year of purchase but this just keeps going. Only 1 complaint, and that is, it has to draw up and heat water between each cup of coffee. The others I had, had a resevoir of at least 2 cups of hot water, ready to go, so that more than 1 person could get a cup of coffee, at one time without waiting. So each cup of coffee takes nearly 1 minute a piece. So if you are alone, or only need one cup of coffee at a time, this is great, and less expensive. If there are 2 of you, someone will be frustrated.
on March 12, 2017
I bought this Mr. Coffee machine a year ago. I rarely used it for 6 months, until I started working from home. Then I started using it to make 5 or 6 cups of coffee a day. It is now leaking water from underneath. I would not recommend this machine. I'm buying the Keurig which is actually a couple buck cheaper. I will give it 2 stars though because​ when it did work, it worked well and made a great cup of coffee. The plastic side pitcher to hole the water comes out easily for filling or just refill with an additional pitcher as I usually did.
on April 7, 2016
This is the second one of these I have gotten, the first one leaked during the brewing process, so I let them know and they replaced the unit. The replacement process was easy and they shipped my new coffee maker right away. The only problem with this unit is I can't seem to get it to turn off. It does not turn off automatically and pushing the 'off' button does not work either, so we are forced to unplug the machine when not in use. If there is some trick to turning this thing off I would be glad to find out!
Otherwise I like the machine, it is easy to use and makes a great cup of coffee, every bit as well as my old Keurig.
on June 23, 2013
After burning through two fairly high priced Keurig k-cup brewers, I looked around for a replacement by a different brand. "Mr. Coffee" has been around a long time and because they have established licensing for Keurig k-cup brewing and have marketed this model brewer at a much more reasonable price, I decided to try their product. I'm glad I did. Both Keurig products failed at the stage where hot water is to be pumped through the k-cup...they just failed to pump. (I use only filtered soft water in my brewers.) This unit has a pump for that stage of the brew cycle that sounds far more substantial than those in the previous Keurig product. It hasn't yet stood the test of time, but as of now I am extremely happy with the choice. The only complaint is with implementation of the loading mechanism: it feels flimsy when opened to remove/insert a k-cup. Also the water reservoir has lower capacity than the previous brewers I've owned. Otherwise I'm very happy with the brewer and would recommend it to friends without hesitation.
33 comments| 239 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse