Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Mr. Coffee JWX23 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, ..." and save 12% off the $39.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Mr. Coffee JWX23 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Removable filter basket lifts out for fast and easy filling and cleaning
- Brewing pause 'n serve lets you pour a cup of coffee while the coffeemaker is still brewing
- Special cleaning cycle makes cleaning your coffeemaker quick and easy
- 2-Hour auto shut-off keeps your coffee hot for 2 hours, then automatically shuts off.
- Cord storage safely stores excesscord to keep your counter neat
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Mr. Coffee JWX27-NPA 12-Cup Progammable Coffeemaker, Black
Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker, Bundle with 1 Month Water Filtration
BLACK + DECKER 8-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Stainless Steel, CM1609
Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel
Mr. Coffee Simple Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker, Black
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||9.2 x 11.1 x 14.3 in||9.2 x 11.1 x 14.3 in||11.6 x 9.4 x 15.7 in||8 x 11 x 13 in||9.15 x 11.2 x 14.5 in||8.7 x 11.1 x 12.2 in|
|Item Weight||—||—||2 lbs||5.4 lbs||—||4.08 lbs|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic||Stainless Steel||stainless-steel||plastic|
Its good looks are only surpassed by its great performance. This stainless-steel coffee maker’s Delay Brew feature lets you make delicious coffee anytime.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It was still hot 2 hours later. Yes the top is a little hard to open to dispense the coffee, but that is the reason that
the collee was still hot after 2 hours. The coffee brews in less time than our old 4 cup Mr. Coffee. The coffee
actually tastes better with this unit because you can choose a stronger setting instead of using more coffee, and I like
that option. We do not use the programming function as we are not on a fixed schedule (retired). I would highly
recommend this coffeemaker to anyone who is looking to replace their coffeemaker.
Now to address the complaints of other reviewers:
1. The “loud, piercing beep” is five short beeps over five seconds when its done brewing and then again sonetime later when it shuts off. Thats twice and then it stops. It’s handy, because I can go do stuff instead of watching and waiting for coffee to be done. I can’t hear it in my back back bedroom. If this awakens you, may I suggest a white noise machine? It helps drown out small noises and promotes restful sleep. They also make apps for phones that make white noise.
2. If you don’t seat the coffee maker into the plate that holds it, then yes, the coffee will go all over the counter. But it’s not complicated. You move the coffee maker until it slides into place. It’s pretty obvious.
3. You must use filtered water. Minerals will precipitate out of hot water and coat anything that makes heat. The harder your water, the faster this will happen, and then it just simply won’t heat anymore, which means it won’t make coffee anymore. I recommend using a Britta pitcher or a Pur pitcher, and changing the filters at least every six months. Even then, to keep your life running smoothly, you need to put a reminder in your calendar about every six months to google “how to clean out a coffee maker with lemon Kool-Aid” and do it. All appliances that heat water need this: coffee-makers, vegetable steamers, irons, etc.
3. No, there is no hot plate. And thus, your house will not burn down, your coffee won’t be reduced to bitter burnt awfulness. The carafe does a pretty good job of keeping it insulated for a hour or so, but if you need it to be insulated longer than that, you need to rethink your strategy.
4. I, for one, adore the carafe. I have a large enameled iron sink that has eaten a lot of glass and pottery. So anytime I can get something that’s unbreakable I grab it.
5. No, the coffee isn’t boiling hot. Go get a stovetop percolator and leave us all alone.
- the brewed coffee comes out nice and hot
- the warmer keeps nice and hot (I have had coffeemakers in the past that make hot, but don't keep it hot)
- the decanter poors very smoothly with no spillage (have had coffeemaker decanters in the past that, no matter how careful you poured the coffee, it still spilled)
- beeps when the coffee brewing cycle is finished
- beeps when it has reached the "2-hour" auto shutoff
- has special illuminated colored light when the coffeemaker is set to do the auto brew in the future.
- the way it is designed, I like that it forces you to remove the filter basket, to place the coffee grinds in it. This might prevent people from filling the basket while it sits in the coffeemaker. In the past, in my household, people would fill the basket, and then accidentally spill grinds in the water reservoir. Now, the water passage system would be clogged, and was a pain to unclog.
- water reservoir seems to be easily accessible, because coffeemaker lid moves completely out of the way, and the opening is big enough as a target
- water reservoir water level markings are clear and easy to see.
- it has cleaning cycle. I have not used it yet, but the fact that I see as one of the selections everyday, it acts a reminder.
There nothing bad I have to say about this coffeemaker. The final criteria will be how long this coffeemaker lasts.
I have had this coffee maker for over 2 years, and it is still going strong.