Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 51% off the $89.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $15.39 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker System, PSTX91
|Price:||$60.20 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Removable Water Reservoir for easy filling
- Just-Brewed Thermal Carafe holds temperature and fresh flavor of coffee
- Water Filtration Ready to remove up to 97% of chlorine* for better tasting coffee
- * As a result of the Mr. Coffeewater filter and brewing process.
- Delay Brew timer sets brew time ahead so you can wake up to fresh-brewed coffee
- Freshness Timer keeps a tab on coffee freshness from the time it's brewed
- Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause stops cycle when you need a cup before brewing is finished
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Experience the Taste.
Home coffee brewing changed forever when the first Mr. Coffee Coffeemaker with automatic drip technology was introduced 45 years ago. Since that time, the Mr. Coffee brand has continued to innovate decade after decade with new features, brewing methods and designs to delight the tastes and styles of American coffee drinkers. Mr. Coffee coffeemakers remain the leading choice for consumers today, along with premium-quality espresso, single serve and specialty brewers included in the full product offering as well.
Mr. Coffee 10 Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffeemaker
This Optimal Brew Coffee Maker is designed to extract the fullest flavor possible. It combines a high brew temperature of up to 205 degree celsius and a faster brew speed, resulting in nothing short of exceptional tasting coffee. Double-walled, stainless steel thermal carafe holds that fresh flavor and temperature, without a warming plate, to maintain coffee's true character and taste. Plus, all the programmable conveniences are included, like Delay Brew to stir your senses as you wake up to aromatic, freshly-brewed coffee and Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause, for that rich-tasting cup you may need before the brew cycle finishes. Be sure to use the included Water Filtration disk to filter out chlorine and impurities from water during brewing so you can enjoy better taste as it's meant to be. Experience the taste with the Mr. Coffee brand.
- Features Removable water reservoir and filter basket lift out for fast and easy filling and cleaning Water filtration reduces chlorine up to 97% for better tasting coffee.
- Stainless steel thermal carafe keeps coffee hot.
- Special cleaning cycle helps maintain Coffeemaker performance and coffee taste Fresh Brew Timer ensures your coffee is hot, fresh and ready when you want it.
- Pause 'N Serve allows you to pour a cup during brewing cycle.
- 2-Hour Auto Shut-Off automatically shuts off Coffeemaker.
Hotter, Faster Coffee
Brews up to 20% faster at a temperature of up to 205 degrees F for richer taste. Brews 10 cups in less than seven minutes to ensure thorough extraction and full bodied flavor, which is considered by coffee experts to be the optimal time for extraction.
Pause 'n Serve
No need to wait for that first cup with Pause ‘n Serve – coffee is ready to pour even while brewing.
Removable Water Reservoir
Removable reservoir makes adding water to your coffeemaker easy. Conveniently fills at sink and then easily slides into place.
Fresh Brew Timer
No more guessing at how fresh coffee is – the Fresh Brew timer keeps track for you!
Eliminating calcium build up is easy with the special cleaning cycle.
Reduce chlorine in water by up to 97% with the built in water filtration.
Compare to similar items
This item Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker System, PSTX91
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Black||Black||Silver||Silver||Stainless Steel / Black||Silver|
|Item Dimensions||11 x 14.12 x 9 in||8 x 9.5 x 13 in||9 x 7.75 x 14 in||9.2 x 11 x 14.5 in||12.75 x 10.38 x 17 in||11 x 9.5 x 16.25 in|
|Item Weight||5.1 lbs||4 lbs||8.75 lbs||7 lbs||8 lbs||9 lbs|
|Material Type||stainless-steel||Plastic||Plastic||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
Good taste is no longer optional - It’s required. The new Optimal Brew thermal coffeemaker from Mr. Coffee will brew faster and hotter than your average coffeemaker. These two elements combine to provide the fullest, richest, flavor extraction and making a better cup of coffee. The stainless steel vacuum insulated carafe will help keep coffee hot for hours on your counter top or at your table. A removable water reservoir will allow you to fill the water in your coffeemaker without cooling down the coffee carafe or having to move your coffeemaker from under the counter.
Top Customer Reviews
Received this coffee maker 10 days ago. Ran two pots of plain water through. No leaks, no plastic smell, no problems. Made a pot of coffee... Uh oh, it tasted very weak - thin and watery. Second pot was no better. I was using the recommended amount of coffee. (We buy a standard brand pre-ground canned coffee.) I tried bumping it up by a third (from 7.5 Tblsp to 10 Tblsp.) Not as thin but not "good coffee".
Then I noticed that the brand of coffee we've been using for years no longer says it's Colombian. So I bought a can of 100% Colombian coffee. MUCH better!!! You know that TV commercial about "going 'nose-blind'" to household odors? Maybe we had gone "taste-blind" to our morning coffee... Now we're using our grocery store's house brand 100% Colombian coffee, using the same amount we always have, and enjoying a good cup of coffee. So, if you're experiencing weak coffee, maybe just trying a different coffee will work for you too.
By the way - we don't use the "water filtration disk", since we use filtered water from our fridge.
Pros of this coffee maker:
- Removable water reservoir means it can be kept MUCH cleaner, easily. Just rinse it out at the sink.
- Gasket between the place the coffee drips from and the carafe lid, is an ingenious way to keep the heat in. I hope it holds up over time, because I think it's the key to keeping the coffee hot.
- Depending on how much coffee is in the pot, it can stay hot several hours. I've actually poured a cup in mid-afternoon and it was still hot.
Cons of this coffee maker:
- It WILL produce significant steam when brewing. The steam comes from the vents on the right-hand (as you face the front) top rear corner. I tried it under my overhead cabinets and the bottom of the cabinet was very wet, as well as the front edge. I moved it to a place where it has no cabinet overhead. I just move it back under the cabinet after it finishes brewing. Note: my cabinets are 15-3/4" above the counter, and I would have had to pull it out anyway just to fill the water reservoir.
- The water reservoir doesn't fit into the water dispenser in the door of my fridge (Samsung RF267), so I still have to fill a pitcher and then fill the reservoir from the pitcher. I was hoping to eliminate that step.
- The carafe has a narrow neck, so you do need a brush to clean the inside easily.
ok so first we need to understand this is a THERMAL coffee maker. Why does that matter?
1) You won't burn down you house because you forgot to turn it off.
2) you will never have burnt thick muddy coffee.
3) it saves a ton of money on energy.
4) you can take your coffee pot with you to your table, desk, or backyard, and it will stay hot right beside you just as if it was still being heated.
It is key to understand that the whole point of this coffee maker is that it is thermal which means when it is made it is dumped into a coffee pot that is really a big thermos and that is how it stays hot. This means it stays hot really long without heating, burning, and thickening. It also means your first cup of coffee will be blistering hot and each on after a little less. But big deal, i made a pot of coffee this morning when i got up at 7am it is now 12:39pm and i am drinking my last cup and it is still hot (just not blistering hot).
Does it leak? Sure it does when you don't follow directions, or clean it right. Is it poorly designed? - Well there are things i would have done different but that is the case about anything. It works and works very well. It brews incredibly fast (a full pot in 5 minutes or under) and it brews blistering hot (the first cup is too hot for me often). Does it pour slowly? Well duh? of course it does, it is in an air tight thermos that is designed not to let cold air is to cool your coffee pot! Hello? What don't people get about that? Ironically, the same people who complain about temperature are the same people who say it pours to slowly. Sigh. Hey i don't care how big your mug is we are still talking seconds or pouring time not minutes, you won't die waiting, and your coffee will not be burnt or cold!
It is true the fist 5 to 6 pots of coffee have a weird taste. There are a couple reasons for that and ways to fix it. One the pot needs to be washed after manufacturing. I advise you to save yourself the stress and go ahead and run 5-7 cycles of plain water though it before you brew coffee to make sure there is no strange first brew taste. And other reason the taste and even coffee strength can be off is it filters your water. And the filter indeed leaves a slight taste, and slows down the brew (thus the strength). If your not use to filtered water you will taste it more. I recommend you presoak your filter, to get the filter taste out (yes that will slightly decrease the strength of the filter but give you a better coffee). Or if you already use filtered water (as i do) or just don't care if it is filtered, just pull the filter out, you will get a better cup of coffee. While i i have experimented i am still using mine with the presoak. it is more of a personal issue.
Also to prevent leaking wash with water and a mild dish soap and don't be overly rough with filling tank.
Lastly, i have done the research this is the best and only real choice for a thermal home coffee machine without getting into huge dollars. There are others, but they perform worse. This is a good coffee machine, you just have to understand it is not an old burner system (which for some of us is a good thing). It is cutting edge in this price range, but you need to sync with it and seek to learn what gets you the best coffee from it.
Buy. Enjoy. Have fun.
This product would get five stars from me except for the extremely strong plastic smell coming out of the box, from all components, including the carafe. We ran at least a dozen brew cycles with water and finally used the recommended vinegar cleaning method, extending the soaking time to several hours, and then running three more brew cycles with water and letting the components dry in the sun before brewing our first pot of coffee. I could still taste a bit of the plastic the first couple of mornings but that has finally worn off. Great design if you are looking for a thermos carafe, just don't expect to brew a pot straight out of the box,
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I know that in the coffee snob world, drip machines are blasphemy, but if you tune in your grind and...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
See the Top Rated coffee makers in our Coffee Maker Reviews.