Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Mr. Heater Hose with Regulator and Quick Disconnect for Big Buddy Heater
|Price:||$34.59 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Propane hose assembly for use only with Mr. Heater Big Buddy indoor/outdoor heater
- POL connection connects directly to twenty pound propane tank
- Regulator reduces high pressure of 1.3 gallon tanks and larger to low pressure
- Hand wheel for tightening; female connector fits any standard 3/8-inch male SAE fitting
- 12-feet long; 1-year warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Initial question to Mr. Heater:
amazon.com advertizes that the plasticizer-free green hose(f273704) can be used with both the portable buddy and big buddy, but I don't see it listed in the big buddy manual. Is it compatible with both? Also, is the quick disconnect hose (F271803) compatible with both the big buddy and the portable buddy? Does this hose require use of a fuelfilter? If no, why not? Is it made of materials that will not degrade like the f273704 hose?
Response from Mr. Heater:
When you connect any of our Buddy model heaters to a remote propane tank, that tank can have over 120 PSI of pressure inside it.
This high pressure in the rubber hose connected to the heater can squeeze a plasticizer or an oil out of the rubber in the hose and once it gets into the heater it is trapped and will plug up the tubes and cause the heater to be an unreliable unit.
We came up with a fuel filter to prevent this oily substance from getting into the heater when using a high pressure hose.
The hose manufacturers came up with a hose that doesn't have the plasticizers in it so NO filter is needed (our part number for this plasticizer hose is F273704).Read more ›
When you first connect this, and try to fire up your heater, You will be surprised at how long it takes to light your heater. Because it is 12', and because the gas is regulated to a very low pressure at the tank side of the hose, IT TAKES A FULL 90 SECONDS FOR THE PROPANE TO FILL THE HOSE AND REACH THE PILOT LIGHT. I have tried it seasonally four times now. It is not 70 seconds. Not 80. It is 90. Every. Time. I suggest you connect, open the propane tank, twist your knob and hold it down (prime) for 80 sec before you even try to light it with a new hose. Don't be tricked by a very faint smell of propane, it will take 90 seconds. Have I driven the point hard enough? But only need to do this priming once a season; I can swap out propane tanks and will not need to repeat the 90s priming.
PROS OF THIS HOSE:
- it has a pressure regulator on the hose at the tank side, which is why it costs more, but the regulator offers a consistent 1/2psi of pressure to your heater.
- the low pressure is safer in case of propane leakage in the system (hose, heater, element). You are less likely to have leaks with lower pressure.
- the low pressure means that your hose will not leech the rubber oils that ruin so many people's Big Buddy. You don't need a filter at the heater side because there is no leeching.
- powers the heater on full for a long, long time.
- has a great, easy to hookup fast connector for the heater. Face your heater, open the tank compartment on your left, and look for the 4" shiny connector dropping down from the top behind the in-built regulator hookup for the small 1lb tank.Read more ›
1) The regulator keeps the pressure coming from the tank into the hose at a very low level, which is safer.
2) You do NOT need to purchase a fuel filter with this hose. The regulator prevents oils from leaving the propane tank and entering your heater where it could do damage. Although you pay more for this hose up front, you don't have to buy fuel filters periodically, which are required with the other hose that doesn't have the regulator.
Preventing 5 stars is the cramped quick connection in the Mr. Heater which points straight down. It would be nice if the quick disconnect also had a swivel outward like the heater's two regulators.
Also you must hold the pilot button for about 90 seconds to allow the gas to travel the length of the 12' hose to reach the heater.
Otherwise I'm pleased wih the product because it allows connection to a large supply of propane which you will need when operating Mr. Heater on high. Also the cost of propane when purchased in 20 lbs. is much cheaper than the 1 lb bottles.
***Ooops, my bad! Correct, this product does not have a filter as a filter is not required with this product. The regulator does its job by lowering pressure, thus making a filter unnecessary.***
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you have a Mr. Heater, buy this and the power adapter. It makes the heater so much more versatile.Published 5 days ago by JB
This is a great product & easy to install Seller was more the helpful.Published 8 days ago by Carol S. Crowder
Should work quality of regulator does not look great .. have not used it much yetPublished 13 days ago by Mark J. Hayward
Works great. Speedy delivery. I would buy from them again. Thanks.Published 26 days ago by Kenny Moore
Heavy duty not cheaply made! and you must have it to use large tanks that really last.Published 28 days ago by Quality Assurance Specialist