Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Mr. Lincoln's Whiskers
Format: Paperback|Change

on April 30, 2018
Another neat book for children, based on "real history"! Copies of the "Original Famous Letters" are in the back of the book as reference for where the story comes from. Another book I wish we would have had when my Son was 5.
on August 8, 2016
My 7 year granddaughter really liked reading this book. It is a good story. My only complaint is that the artwork is not very good. However, my children did not seem to be as bothered as I was, and the story out weighed the graphics. I was curious if the part about the older brother constantly nagging (i.e., putting down) the heroine is true or not, or only added to create more drama.
on April 4, 2013
As a student teacher, I would highly recommend Mr. Lincoln's Whiskers as a resource for sharing history with students. The book gives factual historical information through the eyes of a child, making it a personable story for elementary students to relate to and connect to history in a meaningful way. At the end of the story are copies of the original letters written to and from President Lincoln so that students can see the authenticity of the story. This is a charming account of the impact children can make with their actions everyday...and not to be limited only to the classroom. My nephew was equally enthralled by the story. What more can be said? Rich details, crystalline illustrations, and a true to life story of the difference one can make. This one is a keeper!
One person found this helpful
on April 11, 2015
I love this book. It has a tendency to walk out of my classroom so I have purchased several copies over the years. I love that it includes photos of the original source documents. Even my PreK students can understand the importance of a story based on something real.
on October 2, 2013
I used this book when I taught 3rd grade. Now I've given it to both my grandaughters. When I travel to Chautauqua Lake, NY I drive right by a beautiful little village park in Westfield, NY. The park features a life-sized bronze sculpture of Lincoln and the little girl giving him a flower bouquet.
on December 15, 2013
Every child needs to read this book. It is beautifully written, has engaging illustrations, and is very historically accurate. The first copy I purchased was at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC for my classroom. Seeing my students' reactions to the book made me purchase another copy for my grandchild. As more grandchildren arrive, I will purchase more copies.
on June 23, 2014
This book was recommended in a class I took at the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C.

If you are a history teacher - of any grade level - I highly recommend this book.

The story is absolutely true and great to us for a kick off to primary documents.
on March 10, 2010
I read this to my 1st graders and they loved it. They were completely engaged in the story, and shared how they would feel if they got to meet the President. The reproductions of primary source documents provided authenticity to the story.
4 people found this helpful
on March 16, 2016
Fast shipping. Love this book.
on November 24, 2011
Product is as advertised. It was reasonably priced and arrived in a reasonable amount of time. "Mr. Lincoln's Whiskers" is a great book to read to children and/or to collect if one is a collector of A. Lincoln memorabilia or children's books!