Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 240 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 300 reviews
on November 9, 2013
Purchased directly from Amazon.

Recently, I went through and purchased every season of Monk. So worth it.

However, even I'll admit that season three has the the weakest episodes of the entire Monk series, notably because of the behind-the-scenes issues (actors, producers, network).

Season three is also, sadly, where Sharona departs mid-season (ah, darn.), and we have to adjust to Natalie. I admit, it took me a few seasons to get used to her. To this day, if I happen upon a Monk conversation with a stranger, they always say something about how it was too bad that the character of Sharona was cut.

It's still worth purchasing if you're completing your collection, or buying some seasons as a gift for a Monk fan, or a fan of the murder-mystery genre.
on April 19, 2017
Although each episode is brilliant, it was sad to say farewell to Sharona. It was a shame that contract disputes resulted in the removal of this wonderful charactger. That was the one let-down with this series, and a admittedly, this was my least favorite season. That being said, Monk does not disappoint and I look forward to purchasing the entire series!
on November 8, 2013
USA Network has a long and rich history of quality programming, but the cable network hit the jackpot and entered a new era when it introduced Adrian Monk to the world in 2002.

Mr. Monk is attempting to navigate through the unspeakable tragedy of the horrific death of his beloved wife, Trudy. The phobias he experienced as a young man growing up in San Francisco seemed to be under control thanks to his remarkable spouse, but suddenly bubbled back to the surface and completely overtook his life that December 1997 day, so much so that his best friend, Captain Leland Stottlemeyer, was forced to discharge Monk from the SFPD.

Season three marks a pivotal turning point for Monk after his loyal nurse and assistant, Sharona Fleming (Bitty Schram) returned to her native New Jersey. Not only was Monk's universe about to collapse inward upon him, the show was on the ledge as well.

Enter Natalie Teeger. Ms. Teeger, a military widow who is mother to brilliant 12-year old Julie, stops a home invasion by stabbing the intruder with a pair of scissors. Monk is then hired by Captain Stottlemeyer to clear Natalie of any criminal wrongdoing. During the course of the investigation, Natalie and Julie become fascinated with the "defective detective", and the Teegers are even more awed when Mr. Monk saves Julie's goldfish at the expense of a very valuable moon rock during a science fair.

Traylor Howard's arrival not only saved Monk, but it sent the show soaring to new heights. If you haven't watched Monk yet, watch season three. You'll soon want to watch the other seven seasons.
on July 4, 2017
Monk was one of the best detective shows ever , and this season was one of the best. This season still has Sharona, who I love.

It also has "Mr. Monk and the Kid." which is probably the best Monk episode I have seen. Check out that episode even if you see none of the others.
on January 15, 2017
I remember watching this series when I was younger and laughing at all the awkward situations Mr. Monk would get himself into. For me, the comedy still holds up. I caught myself actually laughing out loud while enjoying this show.

I bought this season while it was on sale for $5. I love Monk and I am so happy I found a high quality streaming option.

However, I would not pay the normal price for the separate seasons when I could purchase the entire series on DVD for $70. For me personally, the convenience is not worth the amount they are asking.
on May 14, 2016
I love Monk. I watched this show all the time when it was on TV and now I can't watch it on Netflix or Hulu. I bought this season as a reward for a hard month. Monks quirky antics are hilarious and the murder mysteries are thought provoking. I must admit that I like his assistant Natalie better than Sharona which is why is got this season and not 1&2. I would recommend this show to a mystery buff who likes comedy.
on May 3, 2014
As a huge fan of Wings, and "Antonio" , I thought this would be a comedy. Its "different" to say the least. I relate with "Monk" because I am pretty much as screwed up with OCD as he is. I watched it more because the late Stanley Kamel, who plays Monk's shrink, was a friend of mine and a terrific actor. RIP Stan.
on January 16, 2014
The first time I saw a Monk episode I did not think much of the show. I didn't pay much attention to it because I was busy cooking. The second time I watch an episode was at a friends house and both my wife and I fell in love with the characters. There is a little Monk in all of us. While I am sure he would drive me out of my mind if I lived with him, he is lovable in spite of all his quirks. The show has everything, it is both a great detective story and a comedy. It has no gratuitous violence or sex in it which is refreshing in this day and age. Besides Monk, my two favorite characters are Stottlemeir and Natalie. Their relationship with Monk is as opposite as night and day. While Stottlemeir gets extremely impatient with Monk, he is understanding of the man; and Natalie, who has infinite patience, sometime just lays down the law and Monk accepts it. Their interdependence is most obvious even when they are at odds. The show is refreshing and I always feel better after watching it.

While there are re-runs of the program, I have been buying the Season DVDs because I want to be sure that I can always watch an episode of Monk.
on May 22, 2017
I am hooked! This is one of the best T.V. shows ever and I now own all eight seasons ! Every season is as good as the one before and after.
on July 4, 2016
What is not to love about Monk?? This is a particularly good season because Sharona is still in the first few, Varla fills in for her then Natalie comes on the scene. Although I love every season of this series, I really love every episode of this season. When Sharona leaves, Adrian is forced to change a little. It is subtle but he really does become more assisted by Natalie instead of being nursed by Sharona. So why are you reading this review instead of buying a season of Monk??? Amazon Prime is the best!