Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

95%
Format: Hardcover|Change
Price:$10.22+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on October 30, 2012
I read the Mr. Putter & Tabby series to a group of 4-5 yr olds at a pre-school, and have been doing so for the past 10 years or so. I originally thought the stories might be a little too old for this age group, maybe better suited to 7-8s, but I underestimated my kids, Ms. Rylant, and Mr. Howard. The series has continued to entertain this age group through, now, 10 generations of kids, and each new story is eagerly awaited. I will confess, though, that the favorite character has got to be Mrs. Teaberry's good dog, Zeke, and his outfits. All of my kids have at least one dog at home, and can readily identify with Zeke's misadventures. And all of them are looking at a creaky old grandfather figure while I read to them, so I have no trouble convincing them of Mr. Putter's reluctance to get roped into Mrs. Teaberry's adventures. This latest one, Dance the Dance, has the usual good story line, excellent artwork, and is definitely up to series standard.
on February 23, 2013
We found these books when my daughter was 1 1/2 and have been reading them to her since. The whole series is lovely. There is never a fear of unwanted content. Wholesome stories that teach good morals. beautifully illustrated.
on November 13, 2013
I've loved every book Cynthia Rylant has written. The "Mr. Putter" series is excellent. Other absolutely great titles are "Mr. Putter and Tabby Run the Race", "Stir the Soup", "Bake the Cake" "Spill the Beans" I could go on, but they are all good; and my grandson loves them. He's almost 6 and we've been reading them for at least two years now. We have the whole series and every night we always read 1 or 2 "Putters" in addition to a few other titles. I never get tired of them.
on January 16, 2014
Cynthia Rylant is a great author. She writes well for children of many different ages, she has an amazing number of books and several series. It is a wonderful thing when you can find books to read with your kids that adults and children both love. Her characters are lovable, her use of language is beautiful and I hope she keeps writing for a long time to come.
on July 30, 2013
This is another good "Mr. Putter & Tabby" book. I have read them all and have enjoyed them very much. I get them to read to my grandchildren and they love the "Mr. Putter" books. I would gladly recommend this book to anyone with young children or grandchildren.
on January 1, 2014
My first grader loves these books that her teacher reads to them. She wanted to practice her reading with them.great stories, slightly challenging for our beginner first grader,but we are slowly getting through them.
on November 29, 2012
Our granddaughter has collected all of "Mr Putter & Tabby" books, and she enjoys hearing all the stores over and over, and by this time she can read them herself. Cynthia Rylant is a great author, and these books are among her best!
on October 1, 2015
Plan this and several others by the same author for Chistmas presents for my grandchildren. They are starting to read and it is perfect.
on January 23, 2016
Grandchildren love these books.
on August 22, 2014
This was for a summer class assignment and I am pleased. We were told many students couldn't purchase it.