Truck Season Automotive Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Mr. Sunday's Saturday Night Chicken
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$2.85+ $3.99 shipping

on May 25, 2012
I saw Mr Wallace say there was a recipe for Skillet Chicken on the FoxSunday website. I copied it and bought the book before I even tried it because it was simple enough for me to do. It turned out WONDERFUL after I downsized the spices for the two of us. I browsed through the book and found Chicken Parmesean. Always wanted to make that. But it was 90 degrees and I didn't want to use the oven. Just made the whole thing in the skillet. WAS AWESOME! Instructions are so simple that I can follow them without getting lost. I used Chicken Tenders instead of breasts and the portions were perfect for the two of us. Tonight I am making the Chicken Piccata. Skillet chicken . . who knew?? I sure didn't. Had given up baking chicken because it was so boring.
This book brought new life into our chicken diet.
Side dishes are in the back and I am looking to try them next.
You won't be sorry if you buy this book.
35 people found this helpful
on June 2, 2012
I had the opportunity of reading Lorraine's book and after reviewing the book, I decided to get copies for my friends and family. This is a great book! The recipes are simple, tasty and very delicious. I have seen and sampled a lot of Lorraine's creation and they are absolutely delicious. As a vegetarian (I eat seafood), I have tried the Vineyard Quinoa salad (pg. 234), the black eyed peas salad (pg. 202) and the Morrocan couscous salad, pg. 205 is so easy to make. My family has had the Chicken Scaloppine and they loved it.

If you haven't had a chance to get a copy of Mr. Sunday's Saturday night chicken, go out a get a copy. You may want to get several copies because your friends will be jealous when they see the meals that you have prepared. We tend to be so busy these days and don't have time to spend a long time in the kitchen, your family will thank you because you will have more time to spend with them and they will enjoy these tasty meals.

Thanks Lorraine for such a great book and tasty recipes. My family and friends thank you too.
14 people found this helpful
on June 20, 2012
From the moment it arrived in the mail not a day goes by that I don't make or plan on making something from this book -- and everything I have made has been delicious. The recipes are easy to follow and, although I may have to run to the store for an ingredient or two, the meals come out as promised.

I have but one complaint, and that is the index. I wish with all my heart the author or publisher had enough pedestrian sense to have indexed such helpful separate items as Breasts, Thighs, Roast (or Roasted). Wings are indexed separately, but if you come home with a package of skinless chicken breasts just in time to start dinner, you are probably going to fix dinner late or reach for another cookbook. Unless you have a photographic memory, you aren't going to remember which dishes require breasts and which require thighs, quarters or whole hens, and the names of the dishes do not always tell the tale.

Leaving that aside, it is STILL a great cookbook.
8 people found this helpful
on June 8, 2012
Tonight I made our first dinner from Mr. Sunday's Saturday Night Chicken: Chicken Saltimbocca AND Vineyard Quinoa Salad. Now I'm trying to think of who to invite to serve it to company. The salad makes a lot - I halved it and that could have served six people! Very good and refreshing, although I halved everything except the olive oil and used only 2 T of that and I think it wouldn't have been as fluffy if I had used more. This would be a great salad to bring to a summer picnic because it is very easy to throw together, is delicious, and will not present a spoilage problem on a warm afternoon if refrigeration was unavailable.

Although I've tried only these two recipes from Mr. Sunday's Chicken, I also reviewed the Mr. Sunday's Soup book and continue to be pleased overall, so I don't think my enthusiasm will wane for this one. But I see Mrs. Sunday didn't take my advice and use a spiral binding for her next book, which I would have been happy to pay more for instead of having to weight down the pages to follow the recipes.

I have searched through many pictures throughout the book for Mr. Sunday's three chins and so far this feature is alluding me.
7 people found this helpful
on October 24, 2012
I'm impressed with this book. We plan on trying just about everything in it. I already made the Pizziaola on the first night I had the book, then next night I made the Tetrazini. We also tried the Gruyere Au Gratin Potaotes. Everything was spot on and came out perfectly. I've been cooking for decades and have even done it commercially for a number of years so the recipes were really simple for me to whip out quickly, that being said I think this book would make a wonderful gift for a new bride or groom or anyone just setting up a new home and needing to learn to cook for themselves, the dishes are not too complicated and would definitely build a new cooks confidence in their abilities. I am also probably going to purchase her Mr Sundays Soup book as I love soup and with winter headed our way I'll be having some kind or other soup simmering away on the stove most days.
on August 14, 2012
This is a great chicken cookbook! I feel like I can't go wrong with the recipes in this book. I have tried 6 recipes so far and they have all been hits. If I get a few good "keeper" recipes from a cookbook I consider it well worth the investment. My hard to please son has been especially appreciative of the new dishes that I have been preparing.

Many of the recipes I have tried are a different version of things I have made before, such as Chicken Parmesan or oven fried chicken, but these recipes are definitely better. It is really nice to get compliments from my children after many years of a lack a willingness to even try something new that I have made.

I highly recommend this cookbook. It is a real bargain, and I didn't even have to sit at the computer for hours perusing recipes on several different sites!

I can hardly wait for the weather to cool down so I can try some of the recipes from Mr. Sunday's Soups, which I also purchased.
2 people found this helpful
on February 22, 2014
...for dinner ideas, this is my "Go to" book! The recipes are easy, the flavor fantastic and the anecdotes in the book are very intriguing. Please understand that I have a "Bone thing:” I can't eat or look at anything on a bone but believe me, there is plenty here even for us strange folk! :)
One person found this helpful
on July 25, 2012
Bought this cookbook for my wife on her birthday, she read the whole book on our vacation during a twelve hour drive. Books by great cooks in the past I have purchased for her were too complicated with hard to find ingredients. This book was more to her liking with simple, easy makings. She can not wait to get started on the ones she has marked. The background family stories were also enjoyed. Was also already familier with the author's husband on the radio every Friday morning and had heard this couple talking about this book on one of my radio shows. Usually I chring at the phrase "new recipe", but now I wait for a return on my investment, I love chicken! Thank you, Amazon.com.
2 people found this helpful
on March 27, 2015
I love the actual book. Previously I had purchased the Kindle version and it it very hard to manage. If you use a recipe and then want to go forward in the book to look for another recipe, it is difficult to go back.
on June 17, 2012
Because we do not eat much fish, it has been difficult to cut back on red meat and not feel that I am in a rut feeding my family. Not true any longer! This handy cookbook has given me many good options for preparing chicken and I no longer hear, "Not chicken again."
5 people found this helpful