Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Mrs. Anderson’s Baking Pie Crust Protector Shield, Fits 9-Inch Pie Plates
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Mrs. Anderson’s Pie Crust Shield allows pies to rise, reduces spillage, and prevents pie crusts from burning or over browning
- Made from aluminum; strong and durable; fits 9-inch pie plates
- Easily bake frozen and homemade pies without burnt crusts; great for blind baking empty pie crusts, too
- Easy to use and stays in place; more convenient and economical than wadding up aluminum foil
- Fits baking dishes with fluted edges and carrying handles; dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The Mrs. Anderson's Baking Pie Crust Shield changed the way home cooks bake pies, ensuring no more burnt edges or unevenly baked crusts. This innovative pie crust shield was the first all-in-one shield that stays in place while baking, proving to be more convenient and economical than using aluminum foil.
Mrs. Anderson's Original Baking Pie Crust Shield prevents pie crusts from burning or over browning, while allowing pies to rise in the center and reduces spillage from the edges. Fits 9.5-inch and 10-inch pies, including dishes with fluted edges.
Made from 100% , FDA-approved silicone, the Mrs. Anderson's Baking Silicone Pie Crust Shield is heat resistant to 500°F, allowing the home baker to adjust and customize for each pie crust -- even those with fluted edges - up to 10 inches.
Georgette Anderson is one of America’s most innovative home bakers whose creative spirit is at the heart of the Mrs. Anderson’s Baking collection. From a perfect pie crust to delicious molded chocolates, Mrs. Anderson provides you with baking precision, instruction and tasty inspiration.
Compare with similar items
Nordic Ware Adjustable Pie Shield, Metal
R&M International 2739 Non-Stick 9" or 10" Standard Size Pie Crust Shield
Mrs. Anderson’s Baking Adjustable Pie Crust Protector Shield, FDA-Approved BPA-Free Heat-Resistant Silicone, Fits 9 and 10-Inch Pie Plates
Norpro 3277 10-Inch Pie Crust Shield
Fox Run 4775 Pie Crust Shields, Adjustable
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Clear||Metal||grey||Red||As Shown||Pie Crust Shields, Adjustable|
|Item Dimensions||9 x 9 x 0.5 in||12 x 12 x 0.65 in||11 x 11 x 0.5 in||0.35 x 7.35 x 0.23 in||10 x 10 x 0.5 in||3.63 x 0.63 x 10.63 in|
|Material Type||Aluminum||Aluminum||nonstick coated steel||Man-Made-Material||Aluminum||—|
Mrs. Anderson’s Pie Crust Shield prevents pie crusts from burning and over browning. No more burnt edges. It allows pies to rise in the center and reduces spillage from the edges. Neater and more convenient and economical than wadding up aluminum foil, it makes perfectly baked pies with golden-brown crusts easier. It fits 9-inch pies perfectly, and works equally well for baking pans and pie dishes with fluted edges and carrying handles. Whether learning how to make pie or perfecting a pie crust from scratch, it’s the ultimate pie crust protector, a baking accessories hero, saving innocent pies every day. Perfect for frozen and homemade pies, or, blind baking empty pie crusts to be filled for classics like coconut cream pie, lemon meringue pie and chocolate pie. Simply place Mrs. Anderson’s Pie Crust Shield over the pie crust and place the pie in the oven and bake. It stays in place during the baking process until the pie is done. Made from aluminum to be strong and durable. Dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. Brought to you by HIC Harold Import Co.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A few tips:
- New ceramic pie weights will be covered in ceramic dust from rattling around during shipping. Be sure to rinse them in a collander before first use.
- Always use a liner (parchment paper, alumninum oil, or waxed paper) over the crust. Otherwise, the weights will become embedded in the crust and the crust will be toast. (Apologies for the bad pun.)
- If you crumble the liner and then smooth it out over the unbaked crust before you fill it with the beads, the beads won't be able to roll around as easily.
- The plastic storage box is on the flimsy side, and it's a bit of a hassle to put the weights back in it after use. If your box breaks or if you just want a simpler storage solution, a colored canning jar works great. I'm using a pretty turqoise antique Ball jar for mine.
P.S. After buying and trying these, it occurred to me that there are lots of other items that could be used just as successfully as these ceramic beads for pie weights, such as the tumbled stones or the glass beads for flower arranging that you can get at your local dollar store. You can get the equivalent of two of these packages for a dollar, so the stones and glass beads are far more economical, and you could use them in your flower vases when you're not baking pies. (Wash them well afterward if you do this.) Plus, you can get glass beads that are flat, so they'd be easier to handle. Just be sure that the beads are actually glass and are not the acrylic or gel beads. Glass has a very high melting point and doesn't even begin to soften until 1020° F., so the glass beads will be perfectly safe in an oven.
So if you need insufficient coverage of too light weights that will be difficult to keep clean, these pie weight balls are a great choice. Otherwise, they are a complete waste.
Bonus: balls come with and leave a white powder residue. Great if you like a little Taiwanese cereamic dust in your pie filling.