Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 61 reviews
on December 25, 2015
great product, I only gave it 3 stars because of the way the neck/lid of the bottle is designed...it's a narrow neck and lid so it can't close too tightly. One bottle arrived in perfect conditon, the second bottle in the parcel the lid had come off and it's contents spilled everywhere in the bubble wrap.
on May 28, 2015
Took long time to get here, but it's understandable due to where it was shipped from. We could hardly wait for it to arrive. We grew up in South Africa and Mrs Ball's Chutney is part of probably every household.
We so miss it here in the USA! Very difficult and expensive to get this product.
WE LOVE THIS PRODUCT!
Similar to sweet and sour sauce, but still has it's own unique taste. We eat it with about everything! Meats, potatoes, rice and veggies. My grandson loves it and he calls it " sweet and sour sauce".
Thank you!
on August 1, 2017
This is sooo delicious. I recently visited South Africa and loved their cooking. This is flavorful: just the right amount of tangy, with a mild tamarind taste and a little sweet. I've used it on chicken, lamb and shrimp and it adds a new taste to old favorites. Delicious!
on May 12, 2016
I bought this as a backup to Mrs Bridges' Chutney(Mango Chutney with Lime and Ginger); this is okay...I may have to make my OWN to be truly satisfied...the vinegar is quite pronounced...if ya like vinegar. I ended up using the tamarind paste i purchased and made dipping sauces for my naan and samosas MYSELF.
on November 19, 2013
Being from South-Africa and growing up with Mrs. Balls this tiny little bottle has a life time of memories packed into every drop! I love the smell of this chutney cooking! It reminds me of my mother cooking dinner in front of the stove with a wooden spoon in her hand, apron around her body and a big smile on her face! It is great with Indian dishes, salads and meat dishes (especially pork!). It has a sweet, tangy, caramel flavor with small little apricot/peach chunks. When added to your favorite curry it will give you an otherworldly experience... this stuff is great!
on November 3, 2016
A must for all South Africans! Mrs Balls is an addition to any meal, and especially curries. It is unique and delicious. I'm never without Mrs Balls Chutney.
on May 11, 2014
I like trying different condiments. I have a whole fridge full of them.

What I like about this, is that its so 'un-American' tasting. Its plummy and raisin tasting. (I think that's called savory.)
That taste isn't particularly popular in the States. It tastes particularly good on grilled chicken breasts.

If I have a problem, is that it should cost less.
on February 5, 2015
I serve this chutney with almost anything that needs a little sauce. I especially use it with my homemade empanadas. You can serve it with cream cheese and crackers.
on February 17, 2016
This is an excellent chutney from South Africa that I have discovered almost by accident. I would highly recommend it for a sandwich spread.
on March 14, 2017
My favorite.Excellent service and fast shipping.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.