Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Morning Mug (1)
Package Quantity: 1|Color: 1pc|Change

on November 12, 2012
The imagery for the mug does not show how small it is. For a full-grown man, it is easy to wrap your hand almost entirely around it.

I originally bought this for my fiancee, as she is a coffee lover; never goes a morning without. We own a variety of mugs, but she had mentioned that her basic mug (a gift from a friend who visited Vegas) was about a year old and she wanted to switch it up. I casually showed her this one, she got excited and I ordered it.
While we knew her current mug was larger than most, we can fill it with the coffee from TWO of this mug. This mug barely fills your standard mug over 2/3 full as well, and I felt others needed to be aware of this.

However, size aside, the mug is exactly as picture and behaves exactly the same. Originally it wouldn't fade completely to white, but after dipping it in a pot of boiling water and letting it cool (a few times), the pigment began to behave as expected. My fiancee still uses her old mug in the morning, but found that the size of this was helpful in not wasting coffee as she drank either around lunch or in the evening.

It would be helpful if they had a picture of this mug next to your standard mug, or possibly a soda can, to demonstrate the size difference. I may upload pictures later today if I can find the time.
88 comments| 427 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 11, 2014
I bought this as a gift. I'm glad I was able to test it out before sending it off to a family member. The photos are misleading. I attached a photo of the actual result. Save your money by not buying this. Would give 0 stars if it was an option
review image
0Comment| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 9, 2013
the sleepy face never disappears! I didn't read the comments before I purchased since it was only $5.. my bad.
77 comments| 386 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 9, 2013
I thought this mug was the best thing and used it several times a week, only hand-washing it. Unfortunately, the graphic on the mug is merely a decal. It ended up peeling off of the mug after about 3 weeks and now it's just a plain, boring white mug. It still serves its purpose of holding my coffee, but it's far less entertaining than it once was. Don't bother purchasing it.
11 comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 25, 2015
Ok here's what you need to know. In order for the mug to change color, the temperature of the liquid NEEDS to be hotter than 70°C (158°F)! In other words, it needs to be at boiling temperature and depending on what altitude or elevation you live at (sea level/mountain) will determine how hot you need to boil your water.

Ok, enough science stuff. Personally, I like the mug. I've never seen one that changes color until now. True, you can still see the "sleepy face" afterwards, but the company that made it did their best to make it blend in. You decide, see the photo attached to this review.
on March 5, 2014
Good but does not completely disappear Details faces a cool trophy after the hottest eyes and mouth but is generally good
on April 25, 2013
I am very disappointed. It doesnt change all the way to the wake up face when it has coffee in it. Even when it had coffee in it the top and bottom had a thin stripe of black still on it. then you can still see the sleepy face. very disappointing
on January 5, 2015
Product arrived on 01/05/2015 after I was told it would be here on December 19. It came broken and I cannot give as a gift. I rubbed my finger over the rough edge and it sliced the skin right off my finger. I cannot give this as a gift... One who wants a broken mug, two the hot water would make the crack worse and three she would cut her mouth..
on January 28, 2015
Understood not totally turn color but fun mug......Gave it to granddaughter for wake up morning coffee...
received morning mug

Thought I may had received a different mug but very happy with one I ordered and received

Took while to received it and it was shipped long way Easy to track

review image review image
on March 14, 2017
This thing is terrifying. It was only a few bucks and would cost less for me to hit it with a hammer than to mail back for a refund.

So let's start with a positive here. As a vessel to hold liquid without is spilling through the sides or bottom, victory. However, it's very small. It's the smallest mug in my cupboard.

Secondly, it made my kid cry. At night in the middle of the night he woke up and told me the scary cup was trying to eat him. It's horrible. I should have read some more reviews but when there is coffee in it, there are two sets of eyes and two mouths. And after a few gulps, there is half black and half sort of grey at the bottom.

Cool idea, but in reality it's a crazy voodoo cup, and I hope I don't break someone's head when I crush it with a hammer this afternoon.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse