- Save 1% on your entire order with Authentic Disney Classics. Applied automatically at checkout. Offered by Authentic Disney Classics 🛒📦📫📀😃 Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on your entire order with Authentic Disney Classics. Enter code ADC5CODE at checkout. Offered by Authentic Disney Classics 🛒📦📫📀😃 Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on your entire order with Authentic Disney Classics. Enter code DISNEYV5 at checkout. Offered by Authentic Disney Classics 🛒📦📫📀😃 Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on your entire order with Authentic Disney Classics when you spend $49. Enter code ADC10OFF at checkout. Offered by Authentic Disney Classics 🛒📦📫📀😃 See more products in this promotion
- Amazon Business : For business-only pricing, quantity discounts and FREE Shipping. Register a free business account
Mulan (Two-Disc Special Edition)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
5% extra savings coupon applied at checkout.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Frequently bought together
Special offers and product promotions
1. "An impressive achievement ranking with BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and THE LION KING!" -- Roger Ebert 2. Deleted Scenes -- Never-Before-Heard Song; Alternate Openings 3. Songs of MULAN 4. Music Videos Featuring Jackie Chan, Raven, And Christina Aguilera 5. "Discovering MULAN" -- Embark On A Behind-The-Scenes Adventure With The Filmmakers 6. Early Presentation Reels 7. Progression Reels 8. DisneyPedia: "Mulan's World" -- Explore The Fascinating World Of Ancient China With Your Host, Mushu 9. MULAN Fun Facts 10. Audio Commentary 11. Storyboard-To-Film Comparisons
"...one of Disneys best efforts of the 1990s and rightfully deserving of its status as a modern animated classic." -- Randy Miller III, DVDTALK.com
"An impressive achievement ranking with BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and THE LION KING!" -- Roger Ebert
"MULAN is a great Disney film for kids that also has enough to keep their parents entertained." -- Andy Patrizio, IGN.com
" jam packed with family-friendly components games, music videos and behind-the-scenes goodies..." -- Glenn Kenny, PREMIERE MAGAZINE
- Aspect Ratio : 1.66:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medG G (General Audience)
- Product Dimensions : 7.5 x 5.5 x 0.5 inches; 6.4 Ounces
- Director : Barry Cook, Tony Bancroft
- Media Format : Anamorphic, Animated, Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, NTSC, Special Edition, Widescreen
- Run time : 1 hour and 28 minutes
- Release date : October 26, 2004
- Actors : Ming-Na Wen, Eddie Murphy, BD Wong, Lea Salonga, June Foray
- Language : English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French, Spanish, Unqualified (DTS ES 6.1)
- Studio : Walt Disney Video
- ASIN : B00024I2Z4
- Writers : Alan Ormsby, Anonymous, Barry Johnson, Burny Mattinson, Chris Sanders
- Number of discs : 2
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As for 'Mulan II,' it was fun, but extremely predictable. The animation was nice, but the character animation was flatter than in the original movie, but that is, no doubt, a result of a reduced budget. Because time had passed since the first movie, though, the computer animation actually looked a bit better in places than it did in the preceding film. Sadly, I was not pleased by the absurd change in Mushu's character. While he had always seen the world through his own eyes alone, this level of amoral self-centered behaviour was a little obscene. It's to the point where you may be better off forgetting the second movie ever happened so it doesn't retroactively colour your opinion of the character completely.
I'm very glad I have 'Mulan' and I appreciate being able to see 'Mulan II' (I had not seen it before now), though I may just ignore it from now on.
I just watched Mulan again last night, the 1st time as an adult. I must admit that I still think that it's excellent. I don't really watch kids' TV shows/movies anymore, and I don't have any kids yet, so it's not often that I see the Disney (& other company) movies/shows that I grew up with. But the other day, I heard some reference to Mulan, and that got me to thinking about it. So I rented Mulan last night, to watch for 'old times' sake'.
Having just seen it for the 1st time since childhood, I must say that I was quite impressed. I enjoyed it immensely; the plot, characters/animation/voices, the precise timing of it all, the music--the entire production was superb! It is entertaining for all ages and all groups of people, and I highly recommend it! It even has some things thrown into the movie to catch the interest of adults/parents--some history, symbols, even some 'adult' jokes and double-meanings. But it is all tasteful and appropriately done--any of the more 'adult' content is above the heads of children, and even that content is not gross, distasteful, or unsavory in any way...it's just more funny to adults than it is to kids.
I give this movie, "Mulan," a 5-star rating. If I could, I'd give it 6 stars! I highly recommend it. It's a perfect movie to sit and watch with your kids, (maybe better for at least 6-7 years old kids and older). It is well done. My compliments to everyone that worked on this project!
P.S. The voice-acting of Mushu, the dragon, was out-of-this-world! I think that it literally could not be better... Amazing job!
Top reviews from other countries
Mulan was on a list I'd been given of Dinsey films I needed to finally catch up on, and of the films on that last, Mulan ranks up as one of my highlights. I had a blast watching this - the animation is vibrant, the colours pop off the screen and it passes my ultimate test: as someone who really doesn't like musicals, I even enjoyed the musical numbers. Mulan herself easily ranks up among the likes of Elsa as one of the best Disney Princesses to me - I really enjoyed this character. To top it all off, the film even toys around with some interesting themes such as war and bisexuality. I can understand why characters like Li Shang would be regarded as bisexual icons and quite rightly. Although anything spoken and overt is sadly not going to happen in a 90s Disney film, or heck even in their output today beyond their fleeting and paltry attempts to score a couple of points, I'll take what I can get. There are some potentially troubling ways you could view Mulan's approach to gender, which I can understand, but personally I feel it does a pretty great job of breaking down gender stereotypes. This is just a really fun movie and unquestionably gets a thumbs up from me!
Excellent value for money
Great price, fast delivery and arrived in perfect condition. Made a really good gift.