Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,242 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,411 reviews
on June 21, 2011
This toy is a blast for kids. It really does change your voice, and I think the different voices are distinguishable. My daughter asked for this toy for a long time before I actually bought it. She's played with it almost nonstop since.

This would be a great gift for a beloved nephew or niece who lives in another state, and whose parents you don't especially like. Because the child will absolutely adore the toy, and it will make the parents want to gouge their own ears out with a grapefruit spoon. I made the mistake of buying it for my own child, who lives in the same house as me. Does Amazon sell grapefruit spoons?
3131 comments| 1,034 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2017
Would've been great if it lasted more than a few days. We've had it for less than a week, changed batteries twice even though we've used it for less than half an hour each time. It's completely dead now. Funny but non functional
on May 9, 2017
My 3 year old son loves this! However, I'm giving this 4 stars because it was definitely not as expected. I do believe an older child would probably be disappointed in it. Even though it has all the different adjustments which would lead you to believe it changes your voice a variety of ways. It doesnt. It sounds the same no matter which ways you adjust the knobs. I'm giving the 4 stars because my son is so amused with the one adjustment it does have.
on December 24, 2014
The Multi Voice Changer that arrived was a different color than the one pictured. No big deal, I thought, it'll still be fun to play with. Whoops--wrong! The thing has 5 different settings, which you can use to produce 5 (barely) different noises when you speak into the mic. However, the noises that come out don't sound like any kind of voice saying anything; they're just noises. If you keep talking for longer than about 3 seconds, then the noises stop altogether, and it's just you talking again. This thing is not a voice changer, as no one can understand any words being said. It's just a noisemaker, and a lousy one at that. I know you get what you pay for, and this thing was cheap, but if I'd known what it was like I would have saved my $5 and kept this thing out of the landfill. Oh, and by the time you destroy the clam shell packaging to discover it doesn't work, it's not returnable anymore. My advice: if you're looking for a cheap novelty toy that's also fun, keep looking.
on February 12, 2016
Not sure my daughter in law appreciates it but my grandkids went crazy over this. Should have gotten one for each but did not want to push it. Out of all they received for Christmas, this was the toy they went for. It does change the voice and you can sound like anything (Darth Vader for example) since it changes your own words to different tones. My grandkids are 10 and 11 (Tweens) so it is a little hard to buy for them now. This was a last minute that paid off big.
on March 11, 2015
OK it works... but not as you would think and yes you get what you pay for.
As for performance, you have speak into the mic pretty loud in order to get
a reasonable sound to come out of the speaker - which somewhat defeats
the purpose other than to get a different sound effect.

Which leads me to mention the actual sound you get out of it... the codes
printed on the packaging gives you variations to which sounds you can
achieve... it's "OK"... not that great.

The original intent with this purchase is to disassemble the unit and remove
the electronic components in order to incorporate it to a costume helmet
I am building. I've searched around for different items out there and this
seemed to be a suitable one. I may consider the DarthVader sound
speaker available on Amazon as well to see if this works better.
on August 1, 2013
Pros:
My kids love this. They could play with it for ages. Five toggles along the side allow you to adjust the effect on your voice. (We've mimicked Darth Vader and Ben 10's Echo Echo and Goop.) And non-talking vocals are really cool - even just breathing into it at different forces can provide some really interesting sounds. And the adjustment options keep a kid interested in trying the same thing over and over again at different toggles - lots of combinations. Sometimes I think we could make a ton of movie sounds with just this one tool.

Cons:
It increases volume. There is no way to lower the sound. After about 10 minutes, my kids are still gleefully playing with it but I'm about to crawl the walls.
One toggle setting is just 'normal' voice - seems almost lame considering all the other options. And if you are looking to produce one specific sound type (like Darth Vader) you may be disappointed at a close-but-not-quite-it affect. The directions are a 'guide' to introduce you to a wide range of possibilities.
on April 7, 2016
My kids really loved this. The little grey switches on the side allow for you to have many MANY selections as you can mix "voice 1" with "voice 2" and get a whole new result. My kids like to select all the switches (by sliding down the lever) and get a really funky mix. This toy allows for some fun and zany voices...or it can be creepy. I like this and I could see buying this again as a gift for another child.
on August 6, 2017
Not recommended. It's way to loud and makes an echoing buzzing kinda noise and you can't even understand what he's saying through the toy. Not what I was expecting for my sons birthday gift but he's enjoying all the others so far...
on December 5, 2015
I ordered three with the hopes of using them at an upcoming party. When I received them, I tried all three and every one had the same problem. You can't understand a word of what you say, it picks up every other syllable and makes a horrible noise. I'm a bit of a techie, so I tried several adjustments and got the same result. I considered donating them to a charity rather than sending them back, but frankly I can't imagine disappointing little children with the ones I received. I went back and read the reviews again, and have concluded that either there are bad batches of these products being sold, since all three of the units I received had the same problem or... not.