- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; Revised edition (July 12, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471684287
- ISBN-13: 978-0471684282
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 28 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #211,238 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Multicultural Manners: Essential Rules of Etiquette for the 21st Century Revised Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Your friend's mother-in-law is visiting from Korea. When greetingher, do you bow, shake hands, or kiss her on both cheeks?
The meeting with his international customers is going well forthe corporate presidentuntil he gives the thumbs-up sign.Why?
You welcome your new neighbors with a bouquet of yourprizewinning daffodils. Yet your beautiful yellow blossoms are metwith looks of shock and horror. Why?
Discover the answers in this incisive, award-winning guide toetiquette, now thoroughly revised to reflect today's trulymulticultural society. Both highly informative and entertaining,Multicultural Manners gives you the understanding you need, theperfect words to say, and the correct behavior to use in a widerange of cross-cultural situations.
The book features completely updated etiquette guidelines withspecial emphasis on postSeptember 11 culture clashes as wellas a brand-new section that demystifies unfamiliar cultures in thenews. Norine Dresser identifies key cross-cultural hot spots andsuggests methods that foster respect for diversity. You'lldiscover:
- The dos and don'ts of successful business and socialinteraction with people from different cultures
- Appropriate etiquette regarding body language, food, childrearing, clothing, word choices, colors, entertaining, romance, andgift giving
- Detailed tips on avoiding embarrassment at work, in theclassroom, in health care settings, on business trips, at meals, atweddings, at funerals, and on vacations and holidays
- Amusing firsthand accounts of cultural gaffes that illustratehow miscues happenand how to avoid them
- A breakdown of customs, religions, languages, and ethnicitiesfor seventy different countries
About the Author
NORINE DRESSER is a professional consultant, speaker, folklorist, and educator. From 1993 to 2001, she wrote the award-winning "Multicultural Manners" column for the Los Angeles Times. Dresser has been interviewed on the Voice of America and numerous other radio and TV shows.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $1.99 (Save 80%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I especially love that there is a section that talks about sterotype myths, and taboos for different countries.
I have recommended the others school counselors in my school system order this book as well.
Most recent customer reviews
This book portrays a situation, including nonverbal cues, and then discusses different...Read more