Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Mumia: Long Distance Revolutionary
Format: DVD|Change

on April 24, 2016
I'd watched this movie on LinkTV (where it had sat in my DVR forever) and after watching it, was so impressed by the quality of the film and the clarity with which it presents Mumia (for whom I advocate) that I wanted a copy for my personal library. I highly recommend it for anyone interested in the use of the [in]Justice System to further the interests of the power elite at the expense of who ever might have the temerity to challenge it; especially if they're not white.. FREE MUMIA!!
on December 20, 2016
Excellent documentary on Mumia Abu-Jamal. I appreciate the filmmakers for adding the list of books I can read to learn more about Mumia, MOVE, Educators for Mumia Abu-Jamal, and the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense.

I recently watched Ava DuVernay's 13th which outlines the long history of the criminalization of black bodies in America. Long-Distance Revolutionary touches on some of the same issues. Awesome resource for social studies teacher or social sciences professor.
review image
on October 20, 2015
This powerful doc is a searing indictment of rampant American racism - in this instance as seen through the eyes of journalist, author, and wrongly-charged and convicted Mumia Abu-Jamal. The film doesn't cover his case (that's been done by numerous other films), rather it takes you on a journey through the remarkable, tragic, but courageous life of its subject - mostly through his extraordinary writing and bolstered by the potent voices of historians, academics, politicos, and fellow space travelers who underscore Abu-Jamal's position and importance in the Black Liberation Movement and anti-empire movement. An eye-opening film from its very first frame.
on January 10, 2017
This a film that tells the truth. Not as we have learned from how we have been taught, but from the perspective of those who struggled for balance in our public life and out paying a horrific price. he tells the truth even if his voiced is silenced. I loved it. Great inspiring movie.
on January 11, 2017
Very good..i wish they would have asked him abouot his mentoring with John Africa and why did he request his assistance during his trial but...over all good movie.
on December 2, 2016
For those who always see posts on social media, tee shirts, and otherwise regarding Mumia - consider this one explanation of many. Great documentary that ultimately chronicles how it takes love and strength to conquer injustice.
on March 17, 2016
I'm still saddened by the injustice that my black brothers and sisters still get all over the world. I pray for Mumi' release. Because Mumia is a black man and intelligent they want to keep him locked up, the FBI knows Mumia did not kill that cop, but they hate black people so bad they rather frame a black man for a crime he did not commit. But when a black man gets killed its jusr a black man dead. Why isnt John Zimmerman in jail for murder? We want equal justice for all!
on October 27, 2016
It was actually very in formative , I had seen him before at various times , but wasn't very familiar with the complete story . Worth listening too.
on October 9, 2016
Important, informative, and well made documentary on a figure lost to the prison industrial complex.
on December 16, 2016
Very interesting and informative especially since I have gotten involved with the people who are rallying for him. When I saw it on my list of suggestions I was like wow I definitely have to watch it and I'm glad I did