Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 14, 2015
The video is a little short, but sharp and clear. Don't expect pop out from screen, except at the beginning title screen. However the depth is good. At the present sale price, you shall consider to own a copy yourself or not. Imax 3d in blue ray never make you down on its PQ.
3 helpful votes
on July 19, 2011
Being a big 3D fan and having a fasination with the Egyptian culture I picked this up hoping for the best and was not disappointed. It has good 3D with nice depth and at least a couple of pop-out scenes. It is also very historically interesting and looks good in 3D HD. The lossless sound is also a plus (check out the grave robber scene when it's raining). I have other IMAX 3D films also and this is at the top of my list. There are a handful of 3D Blu Ray disc on sea creatures but so far nothing on the land land animals in Africa or the Amazon rain forest? The 3D in these are better than in the recently released Hollywood movies by far.
3 helpful votes
VINE VOICEon June 2, 2011
I'm a fan of Egyptian history and when I saw that there was a documentary in 3D I had to give it a try. I'm glad I did, the 3D is pretty good, there were times where the hieroglyphics looked like they were floating off the walls of the tombs. Most of the movie was like that but there were some areas where it looked a bit odd with perspective. Over all there was a good amount of things I learned from this movie and having it in 3D made it more interesting. My only complaint is that it was a bit short, should have been another15-20 minutes more.

If you like Egyptian history and want to see some good 3D you should like this disc.
on May 30, 2011
This is a fabulous quality DVD, I love the fact that it plays on Australian Region B 3d DVD player. The picture quality & 3D effects on this 3d blu ray disc are amazing. I love it I could watch it over and over again well done IMAX. Amazon's service and packaging was amazing, safe & reliable, shipped to OZ. Great work and service Amazon. I would however recommend for Amazon to please specify which region all their listed blu ray DVDs will play on for example Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs [Blu-ray 3D][ABC Regions}
Please note that an A B C symbol on the back of the blu ray DVD indicates what region it will play in; in this case all three letters ie ABC blu ray means Mummies will play on all region players.
For your reference here are the dvd regions
Regions for Blu-ray standard
A: East Asia (except Mainland China and Mongolia), Southeast Asia, the Americas and their dependencies.
B: Africa, Southwest Asia, Europe (except Russia), Oceania and their dependencies.
C: Central Asia, East Asia (Mainland China and Mongolia only), South Asia, central Eurasia and their dependencies.
For the record I know that Amazon should sends you a trigger indicating the region at checkout time, in this instance it did not work for my purchases consequently leaving me with DVD's that are not viewable in Australia, thus needing to be returned.............If the region advertised on listed is alongside the description and or name of the DVD then future customers will know what they purchasing. Thanks Amazon hope you take on board my constructive feedback and make the change :-) as you guys providing an amazing service Love from Oz
0Comment|Report abuse
When I got all my new 3D stuff I saw this film and I knew I had to have it.
I'm glad I bought it.
I just love anything that has to do with ancient Egypt or mummies.
The 3D is for the most part done extremely well without being overpowering.
The story is interesting and held my attention.
Direction, cinematography, music are all top notch.
And Christoper Lee as the narrator is just icing in the cake.
Does anyone have a more perfect voice?
All in all a fun, educational romp though ancient Egypt.
Not too deep or overwhelming a perfect introduction to the kids and adults alike who are interested in the subject.
Beautiful and done well enough for those of us who are already familiar with Egypt to warrant a purchase.
Highly recommended.
10 helpful votes
11 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on May 30, 2017
I really enjoyed this although some shots make the writings hard to read.
on April 6, 2017
As described and fast service...
on February 16, 2014
It wasn't anything like WOW, solid documentary 3D ... seen better. I watch it only once. Some other movies can watch over and over this one I've seen and that's it. I wouldn't chose this one to demonstrate a 3D TV. There are better to pick from.
on November 18, 2014
This movie/documentary is great!! I even recommended it to my daughter's school history teacher as a Wrap up to their Ancient Egypt Segment in School!! He is using it.
on December 25, 2011
The documentary is decent, but as with most things made for IMAX, needlessly boring in parts. Is it necessary to devote 10% of the film to filming people in a lab not doing to much to explain the concept of DNA? There are not many if 3D "wowser" effects which is a shame considering the location and the opportunity. One bonus, the director of Egyptian Antiquities, AKA,the camera hog, appearances are kept to a minimum which is a rare thing in any film on Egypt.