Other Sellers on Amazon
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - Deluxe Edition [Blu-ray]
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Stills from The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (Click for larger image)
| || || |
Top Customer Reviews
Synopsis: Ancient Chinese warlord is reawakened (along with 10,000 Terra Cotta warriors) to conquer the world. And there are Yetis....
The first two movies in the series were fantastically entertaining. You had action, emotion, love, despair, and discoveries of a linked past that made the movies engrossing. They had excellent scripts, beautiful effects, and acting that made it look real. I watch them over and over. This dog...well, at least I watched until the end.
Whoever cast this movie screwed the pooch. Fraser, as Rick O'Connell is, of course, excellent. I love the gung ho balls ahead character. He IS the character. In fact, he is the franchise.
Rachael Weisz declined to return citing problems with the script. Boy did she make the right call. So Maria Bello is cast as Evy. Dear God In Heaven. what where they thinking! Where Weisz played Evuy with emotion, perfect timing, and a boatload of sex appeal, Bello is a block of freaking wood who phones in her part. She has NO fluidity, no sense of timing, and not a trace of sex appeal. In fact, a block of wood could have done a much better job.
In the 2nd film, The Mummy Returns, the son, Alex, has a very strong `proper' English accent and typical `Brit' attitude. In this movie, Alex (Luke Ford) has NO trace of accent or his English upbringing. He plays the role like a young John Wayne, as if he was raised in Arizona. It totally fails.
Jet Li as Emperor Han...well, I loved him in Lethal Weapon 4, Unleashed, and The One.Read more ›
They need to find the first Evie and bring her back. She added much to the first two movies. She was an intelligent klutz in the first films, which added dimension to her character. This one doesn't fit with Fraser very well. The characters were not well developed and it just didn't do the film justice.
Throw in John Hannah as Evy's sleazy but lovable brother, Arnold Vosloo as great villain Imhotep (whose ultimate fate, at the end of the second film, possesses pathos and tragedy), and a host of great supporting roles, and you have some flicks with great characters on the screen at all times. Even the kid who plays the O'Connell's son, Alex, in the second film is brash and bratty without being annoying, a rare thing in a character like his.
The O'Connell's adventures continued in a short-lived cartoon that was fairly good, and I remember it fondly as one of the few sources of pulp goodness I could share with my then five-year-old son.
He and I watched The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor last night. When I say it's incredible, well, you'd darn well better believe that I am lying. Flat out full of it. On a George W. Bush scale. Because it's terrible.
Here's what's good about it:
* The idea to do a third Mummy film.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Disc was loose in the DVD box and had several scratches from sliding around in the box. We used our cleaner and repair kit to make sure it was in good shape. Read morePublished 25 days ago by D. Bird
Excellent even though I seen it years ago it was like watching a new moviePublished 1 month ago by BONITA D.
Not quite as good as its predecessors. You'll like it if you keep your expectations low.Published 1 month ago by David C. Black
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Horror
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Monsters & Mutants
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Drama
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Science Fiction & Fantasy