Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 828 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 914 reviews
on July 3, 2014
I do not always leave reviews, but in this case it seems important since there is a legitimate safety issue with this product. As other reviewers have said, these toys grew black mold inside of them. We tried to never put them away wet, always squeezing them out after baths, but unfortunately it is IMPOSSIBLE to squeeze them out completely and they were filled with nasty mold after about 2 months.

Even worse, the toys are not terribly transparent (some of them not at all) so you will not even know immediately that they are moldy. Until the mold grows to the point where you can clearly see because the toys which were more translucent have clouded you will not even be aware of it.

Since the whole idea is to use them to squirt water or for our baby to handle and chew (which involves squeezing water out of them) this is almost sure to lead to your child ingesting mold spores. I strongly do not recommend this product.
review image
11 comment| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2013
These were very popular with my 6 month old- less to play with in the bath or squirt water out of, and more to gnaw on. However, a few months into having them I noticed that the turtle's flippers looked darker than the rest of the body, and suspected mold. I cut it open and confirmed that I was right. I would be very careful about any toy that has a small hole in it that gets water inside (including rubber ducks!).
55 comments| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Cute bath toys. Not the highest quality but if you work out the math they are about $1 each and I guess it's pretty good if you think about it that way. All the animals are cute except for the penguin. The penguin doesn't even look like it is supposed to be part of the set. It just looks different. All the others have large heads and big cute googley eyes. The penguin has a big body, small head, and little beady eyes. LOL!!! And a couple of the toys, don't float in the orientation it was designed. Like the walrus, penguin, seahorse which were designed to sit on their bottoms, actually lay on their sides when in the water. But all the other ones are upright and look like they are swimming as intended. Of course my baby doesn't care, since she's only 8 months old, but I thought I would point it out.

Also, The squirt holes are very small in each toy. It is hard to get the water in so we don't really squirt these. They kind of just float around.One of the toys has a misformed hole so it can't squirt at all.
on March 2, 2014
I really wanted to love these bath toys, but they grew disgusting black mold on the inside of them very quickly, despite having squeezed out all the water after each bath time. I threw one of them away because it was so disgusting. Sadly, my son is so attached to the green turtle that I let him play with it and just monitor him to make sure he doesn't put it in his mouth.

Even if they didn't grow mold, they are poorly designed because the squirt holes are in odd places where water doesn't easily squirt out of them. Who is going to turn the dolphin upside down to make it squirt?

Keep shopping for bath squirt toys that don't have so many crevices inside to turn into petri dishes of mold.
on June 5, 2014
My son enjoyed playing with these in the tub, as expected. Despite religiously making sure all the water was squeezed out of them each and every time he was done taking a bath, mold began to grow inside. Since there's no way to clean them through the teeny tiny squirt hole, they've frankly become disgusting.

It's a design flaw. If they simply had a drain plug in the bottom, then perhaps they could be cleaned effectively. Since they don't, you can't. I guess the 6 or 7 bucks you spend on them should be considered only good for a few months of use and then into the trash they go. It's disappointing because my son likes them, but he's not going to play with something that becomes so foul.

Little black specks of mold floating around in the bathwater will be my rapidly fading memory of this crappy product.
on November 7, 2016
These munchkin squirt bath toys are a huge disappointment. I had to toss them away after only a couple months of use because they grew a considerable amount of interior mold. The mold grew even though I squeezed the water out after every bath and stored them in a dry bin. This internal mold growth is very concerning since my baby enjoys sucking the water out of these toys.

I would not recommend these munchkin squirt bath toys or any squirt bath toys due to the interior mold growth problem, unless you want to replace them every 3 months. In that case you should buy the cheapest squirt toys available since they will be replaced before anything wears out.
on July 19, 2014
nice solid quality, toys feel good and proper, and our 1 year old loves them in the tub.

I'm always a bit concerned about the inevitable water that stays stuck inside the toys, no matter how well you shake them or squeeze them, there's simply no way to get the water out perfectly, so I'm thinking that it's not going to be any problem, but still - a though of bacteria occurred to me few times.

would recommend.
good price and good quality. 5 stars.
on June 5, 2017
Bough these for a baby shower gift. The expectant Mom was delighted with the assortment and when I coupled these with the bath thermometer and a book to read to the baby, it made a lovely gift.
on January 25, 2015
My son is 7 months and absolutely adores these. The only reason I only give 2 stars is due to the mold issue. Me being a first time mom I didn't even think about it. I saw the reviews after so now we've had them about a month without any issues because we religiously drain them after each bath. I did find that thankfully you can hold them up to the light and see through most of them. The poor dolphin I did cut open just because I couldn't see through him at all to tell if there was any kind of mold in that one, I wasn't too upset about that one just because my son didn't really like that one and the hole was on the top of his head making it really hard to drain (we drain them and then prop them up so the hole is down to let more water drain out after)

We'll probably have to throw them out in a month or so but they're probably still worth the money as my son loves to play with them.
on November 15, 2014
To be fair, my 9-month-old loves these, although she loves anything that she can chew on in the bath. But these are not BPA-free and it's in nice warm bath water so that the plastic gets good and warm before baby sticks it in her mouth. Ugh. My main complaint is that anything bath toy with a hole WILL grow mold, and it won't take long either. I wash these every couple weeks with HOT bleach water and I really shake the water up inside the toy and let it soak. However, the only toy that you can hold up to the light and be sure you've gotten the mold out is the orange crab. The turtle grows mold in the head and feet, and I'm not sure about under the shell because of the dark color of the shell. The other toys are not opaque and so who knows what's in them. For that reason I only let my daughter play with the crab in the bath and the other toys are now land toys only. I ordered some Hevea natural rubber bath toys instead that don't allow water.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.