Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Munchkin Easy-Close Extra Tall and Wide Metal Gate...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 40% off the $84.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Munchkin Easy-Close Extra Tall and Wide Metal Gate, Dark Grey
There is a newer version of this item:
- Use virtually everyplace in the home – top of stairs, bottom of stairs, between rooms
- Double-locking system on handle is easy for adults to use, but difficult for a child
- Optional third lock at base of the gate offers extra safety
- Door swings open in both directions and locks shut with a simple push
- Six inches taller than most standard safety gates
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Munchkin Easy-Close Metal Gate
Munchkin Easy-Close Metal Gate is great for a home with large pets and active toddlers. It will block staircase openings and doorways to stop them from exploring unwanted areas and prevent impending accidents. The sleek metal gate offers a contemporary, stylish look with a dark grey exterior and three extensions to accommodate Large Openings.
Why You'll Love It: With the extra-wide walkthrough it becomes easy for you to move in and out throughout the day and the double lock system helps in the safety of your children and pets.
- Adjust openings between 29.5-51.5 and has a height of 36"
- An extra wide walk-through section with 2 way opening and easy one-handed operation
- Includes three extensions for flexibility of use
- Double-locking system on the handle
- A sleek design made from durable metal
- U-shaped steel powerframe keeps gate securely in place
- Pressure mounting system does not damage hardware
The Munchkin Easy-Close Extra Tall and Wide Metal Gate offers an ideal solution for wide, irregular openings. Plus, the tall height works well to keep older toddlers and larger pets safe. Parents and caregivers will appreciate the gate's easy-to-install system and elegant, slim design that suits a home's modern decor. It also offers a convenient wide door that shuts firmly with a simple push. A double-locking system and an optional third lock at the gate's base provides peace of mind at all times.
This gate's tall height works well to keep older toddlers and larger pets safe.
Its double-lock handle shuts and locks with a simple push. View larger.
Double-Locking System and Steel Frame for Safety
Made from durable steel with a U-shaped power frame for additional stability, the Munchkin Easy-Close Extra Tall and Wide Metal Gate is a sturdy, effective barrier that works to keep children or pets safe. The double-locking handle is childproof yet easy for adults to open. Plus, the gate shuts firmly with a push, so it's simple to latch even when you have your hands full.
Three Extensions to Accommodate Large Openings
This 36-inch-high gate can accommodate openings from 29-1/2 to 51-1/2 inches wide, so it can be used virtually anywhere in your house. Three included extensions (2-3/4 inches, 5-1/2 inches, and 11 inches) allow you to custom fit the gate to even the widest of openings. The gate installs with a pressure-mount system to walls for a tight, secure fit.
With the use of mounted wall cups for added stability, this gate can be used at the top of a staircase, in a door jam, or in a hallway. You can also visit www.infantgates.com for easy-to-install instruction videos.
Swings Open in Both Directions for Convenience
For convenience, the gate swings open in both directions. You can also choose to use an optional third lock at the base of the gate to control the direction that the gate opens. It allows you to set the door to open in either direction or locks both ways to prevent it from opening at all. This feature adds another safety measure for places like the top of the stairs.
The gate also offers an extra-wide walkthrough door with a 21-1/2-inch opening for effortless access throughout the day.
Dark Grey Design with Slim Profile
Designed to fit seamlessly into your home, the metal gate offers a contemporary, stylish look with a dark grey exterior and slim outline. Its hard, durable surface is easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth.
The Munchkin Easy-Close Extra Tall and Wide Metal Gate is backed by a limited one-year warranty.
About Munchkin: Tops Among Caregivers
Munchkin, Inc. is dedicated to creating useful products that make parenting fun, easy, and enjoyable in our modern world. It stands behind a wide range of feeding, safety, and travel products for babies and toddlers. Appreciative parents and caregivers spread positive word-of-mouth about the Munchkin products that make life safer and easier for their little ones. Munchkin holds over 100 patents with many more pending, and has been given over 30 industry awards.
What's in the Box
Easy-Close Extra Tall and Wide Metal Gate (Dark Grey), 2-3/4-inch, 5-1/2-inch, and 11-inch extensions, accessory kit, and instruction manaul.
Top Customer Reviews
1) This Munchkin gate seems very well built and durable. It's heavy, but opens easily. I'm using it to confine 2 dogs that jump hard against it and it's not budged a bit. We've pressure mounted it and both my husband and I have pushed against it and it's staying in place. In contrast, the Regalo gate seemed flimsy and even though we mounted it tightly, it'd slide a bit on the walls every now and then. (Though to be fair, the Regalo gate is about half the price.)
2) This Munchkin gate has a wide (22") opening for the door. It is the widest door that I've ever seen on a baby gate. It can easily accomodate adults walking through with grocery bags, etc, or adults that are of a larger size that might find smaller openings, such as with the Regalo gate, uncomfortable or constricting.
3) This Munchkin gate opens easily with 1 hand and has a very fluid motion. It has a different mechanism than the Richell gate which was also very easy to operate and I liked it very much. The biggest difference I can see here is that the Richell gate can open in or out at any time, whereas this Munchkin gate needs to be set for a preferred direction. Richell's design might be slightly better here, but I still rate Munchkin higher overall. The Regalo gate is much more difficult to open.
4) This Munchkin gate is stylish. I wasn't sure that I'd like the color from the pictures, but in person, I love it. The dark grey blends in nicely with some of the modern decor in my home and looks rich and expensive.Read more ›
It's tall, I am 5' 8" and it comes to my waist
To open and close the gate you have to use the palm and two fingers to open it. (Good security to ensure the baby doesn't get to open it so easy)
It's dark grey so it goes with most areas.
it has a stopper that you can choose how the gate door opens.
You can mount it with the hardware, or just with pressure. (Recommend using the hardware if you know your kid is going to lean on it.
The hardware is cheap plastic that breaks easily while trying to add extensions.
The instructions are good as useless.
Customer support is like talking in a foreign language.
This really needs two people to put up the gate correctly.
The plastic hardware seems flaky on the joints.
Overall, it's a good gate, just with the hardware was made a bit stronger and the plastic wasn't so flimsy.
Second, this company has obviously never heard the phrase " only as strong as the weakest link". While the metal gate is nice and strong, the plastic mounts and latch are horrible. The mounts allow too much movement and the latch cracked the very first day of use. Not strong when paired up with a metal gate. At least you wouldn't be able to bend or break the metal bars.
This is not a safe gate for upper stairway security. Not sturdy at all!!! For a hallway or room gate, I suppose sturdiness isn't a main priority.
This needs some better engineering. I would not recommend, especially for the price.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Used at the top of my stairs. Also bought 24" zip ties and put the ties in plastic tubing around my banisters for extra security. Read morePublished 1 day ago by J. B.
Really nice and sturdy gate. Needed something extra wide and extra tall for an ambitious puppy. Docking a star because the directions were so difficult to follow.Published 8 days ago by Dufay
Instructions confused me but I got it in and it works great. I have a Great Dane to keep out of kitchen. It seems sturdy. It is easy to open both ways. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Denise Earles
Great quality! My dog broke all our wooden gates but she can't this one.Published 14 days ago by Michelle
I bought this product to span a gap at the bottom of my stairs of 51". At this width, the product was unstable although I followed the installation directions. Read morePublished 19 days ago by Chris Brown
The gate is the perfect height for the bottom of the stairs without having to use an adaptor. My husband and I don't have to bend down to open it while holding a baby which is huge... Read morePublished 21 days ago by Sara
THE WORST DIRECTIONS EVER!!!! impossible to figure out- took about an hour before we gave up on the gate and purchased another. Will be returning this one-Published 21 days ago by KT's Mom