|Price:||$11.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. FREE Returns. Details|
|You Save:||$1.50 (11%)|
Munchkin Gate Extension, White, 2.75"
- Extends the Auto-Close Metal Gate (MK0006), Easy Close Metal Gate (MK0002) and Safe Step with TripGuard Gate (MK0096)
- Dimensions: 2.75" W x 29.5" H
- Steel extensions can be combined to span a variety of openings up to 54"
- Material: Steel
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
This extension was very easy to install and had no complications. On the full size gate there are some plastic end pieces that slide in to one end of the gate. All I had to do was remove those plastic pieces and push this extension piece into the two ends of the gate. Very simple. I gave it a few taps with a rubber mallet just to ensure it pushed in fully.
The full munchkin gate has knobs at each end that are adjustable. This allowed for a few adjustments after installation to ensure I still had a tight fit.
Even with the extension added the full gate is very secure. I was concerned adding an extension might make the gate easier for a little one to push or pull. With the knobs of the gate tightened my little one has grabbed, pulled, and hung on to this gate without budging it in the slightest.
Again I'll admit that this extension is perfect for lengthening the munchkin gate. However I do feel that when you add it onto the price of a full gate it becomes more than I really wanted to spend.
1. You may need to remove the small extender that comes with the babygate in order to install this extender. Or, when you measure for your extender, just know that you need to factor in the length of that extender that comes with the babygate.
2. However, this extender uses the parts that come with the babygate--it doesn't have its own additional parts. I don't believe we could easily use the extender that comes with the packaging along with this one on the same side of the babygate. One extender per side seems to be the rule.
3. The babygate itself (including the extender) secures into place using traction...there is outward pressure from the center of the babygate. When installing the babygate, it slid all over the walls, leaving marks. The unit comes with sticky pads and I have no idea why. With that much pressure being exerted, the sticky pads just slid off of the rubber pads and got sticky stuff all over the wall. It's kind of a joke. I mean--if you can hold the babygate up using stickers, there's a safety issue.
4. Because we were installing this babygate at the top of our stairs, we were putting one side on the railing post and one side on the wall. It was very difficult to install this on my own because the side on the railing kept sliding off and the whole unit would fall apart when that happened. Then the screws would pop out (they're just dangling into the extender and babygate). It was a mess to install.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fit perfectly with our munchkin gate. We needed the additional length at the top of our stairs, and this worked great.Published 1 month ago by Kaitlyn Moon
We moved to s different house and our gate was too small this extension did the trick!!!Published 1 month ago by Vicky R
Worked great with our gate. Needed an attachment to make it fit. This works exactly as expected.Published 1 month ago by Love The Sun
The extension I received did not match the description. I have the MK0096 gate with the description says this item will fit. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Tyler Reed