Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 976 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,177 reviews
on March 8, 2017
It's a rubber duck so it can't be that bad, right? The duck part is great. Baby loves to chase it around the tub. I'm giving it three starts for the water temp indicator on the bottom. It's a great idea in theory, but ours indicates HOT even in lukewarm water. Maybe the manufacturers are overly cautious, which is great, but I would not recommend using this as your only indicator of how hot or cool your babies bath water is.
on March 7, 2016
I bought this because it's supposed to be sealed and not fill with water. It absolutely leaks. We put it in the tub last night for the first time. The blue "hot" plug is not correctly sealed. It fills with water and you have to try and squeeze it all out through the subpar seal. A complete and utter waste of money. I am super upset. It is absolutely useless if it fills with water, it's not mold resistant at all
on April 9, 2017
Love rubber ducks, happy friendly little things. This has the ability to warn when the water is too hot and let's you know when the water is ok. I know, I know, you can stick your wrist in the water and feel it, which is always necessary. I would never simply trust this cute little rubber ducky because a burn would be brutal.
on February 1, 2016
We have two different methods for testing the temperature of the bath: this and the thermometer we got from the hospital when baby was born. The duck is extremely hard to read and only has one reading: HOT. Even then, its extremely difficult to tell if its actually too hot since the letters are deceptive. The couple times I used it for actual temperature testing, the bath was waaay too cold (since I couldn't tell if it was registering HOT or not) according to our other hospital-given thermometer. The only reason I am giving this as many stars as I am is that my daughter LOVES to play with this during bath time. It is not bath time without the duck in the tub, and it floats (right side up) a lot better than the regular rubber ducky we have.
on May 13, 2015
The duck is cute. It's about three inches long and two and a half inches tall. Soft plastic that allows you to squeeze it, though it doesn't do anything when you squeeze. The white "HOT" letters on the bottom do not seem very helpful. They're white even when out of bath water, so maybe they turn slightly whiter in hot water but it's hard to tell. They do disappear in cold water, so I'm sure they're working, they just don't seem very useful. I expected a stark contrast between the water being hot and the water being warm, but the contrast is so subtle I can not tell the difference. When you're talking about a child's safety it seems like a flaw, but I suppose you shouldn't depend on that anyways.
on May 12, 2017
I looked forward to using this duckling when my 5-month-old baths - maybe I had too much expectations on what kind of cool features it may have - but I was not that impressed. It's basically just a rubber duckling, doesn't squirt water and the worst part I think is that it barely floats! (I guess I put too much bubble in the bath and the duck struggles to float?) Well, that's just me. I honestly think the heat indicator is just so silly, the word "HOT" just turns white when the water is too hot. (I didn't need a duck to tell me that.)

Well but let me be fair - the duck is innocent, for one thing, I didn't do enough research.
on April 13, 2017
Perfect toy for my baby. It floats upright, doesn't have a hole in it for water to go in and get moldy, and is cute as can be. It's not very accurate in my opinion as far as judging if the water is to hot or not. I purchased two of them and they both change at different tempatures to say hot but I didn't really buy them for that anyways so they work for me.
review image
on February 23, 2017
We got this ducky for our little one's bath time, and we liked it so much we bought another one to give to our friends who are expecting a little one. It looks just like an ordinary rubber ducky but it tells you if the water is too hot. It is the only rubber ducky that we have that actually floats upright. So, increases safety, looks cute, floats. Who could ask for anything more?
on June 26, 2016
This thing is pretty much worthless imho. I ordered it because I developed carpal tunnel due to pregnancy swelling and couldn't trust my hands to accurately feel for safe water temperature because they were completely numb nearly all the time. If we made the bath water warm the duck would say HOT on the bottom. My poor baby would have been hypothermic if I had bothered to actually follow the ducks color changing thermostat on the bottom.
on April 22, 2017
Very nice to be able to just get this from the comfort of my home instead of having to run around to get all the items I wanted for a shower gift. Reasonable price.