Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on February 8, 2018
Got these to keep the little one distracted whiles I scrape off the dirt he rolls around in. These duckies are very hard to the touch. He tossed one at my head one time and I saw rubber duckies floating in space after the hit. The "Hot" marker is like keeping your tv paused for too long. The image gets burned in. Not worth the time to send back.
on February 12, 2018
What can you say about a rubber ducky? It floats, it squeaks and it's shaped like a ducky! Perfect for kids bath time. I got a few of these for my mother with Alzheimer's to trick her into taking a bath more often, as she has become claustrophobic and argues about bathing anymore. Oh the things we do for our kids/parents. I hope my kids will do the same for me when I am 80 and need to be entertained in the tub.
on October 6, 2017
The bottom of duck touches the water, and is supposed to display HOT in blue color sensitive plastic... I tested this out before giving my granddaughter a bath... The blue colored plastic did display the word HOT in white letters, however it is supposed return to the color blue once water is correct temperature. This did not happen. My duck is now STAINED with the white letters displaying the word HOT. Complete garbage, don't waste your money. I wanted to purchase a different one were the ducks skin which is yellow, turns white when water is too hot, but them returns yellow when water is a good temperature. Looks like I'll be throwing this away, and ordering the better quality version.
on April 9, 2017
Love rubber ducks, happy friendly little things. This has the ability to warn when the water is too hot and let's you know when the water is ok. I know, I know, you can stick your wrist in the water and feel it, which is always necessary. I would never simply trust this cute little rubber ducky because a burn would be brutal.
on September 6, 2017
Like a lot of other reviewers I find the HOT hard to read. Because the bottom says HOT all the time. The lettering changes from blue to white with temperature. I wouldn't use this a true temperature gauge but as a bath toy it's perfect. I teach baby swim lessons and the duck is the most popular toy across the board. I also like to use these as a gift in diaper cakes.
review image
on May 11, 2014
So, this little guy floats around and lets me know if the water is too hot. Pretty basic, right? One might be offended, thinking what the heck, I can tell the temperature of water for Pete's sake, but I, having grown up in the glorious days of hand-washed dishes, am said to be made of Teflon. I can pick up blazing hot coffee and sip it right out of the pot. I've been known to yank hot soup out of the microwave with my bare hands. Is that pizza done yet? Let me stick my finger in it. Given that, I feel rather disqualified to determine water temp for my wee little newborn. The duck is nice. The duck is cute. The duck says HOT when my seared-to-the-point-of-unfeeling flesh says, "Meh, feels a little tepid." The duck keeps me from scalding my wee one. I do love the duck. If you're a lava-coffee sipping, hot-dish-washing mom like me, you'll want the duck.
on May 13, 2015
The duck is cute. It's about three inches long and two and a half inches tall. Soft plastic that allows you to squeeze it, though it doesn't do anything when you squeeze. The white "HOT" letters on the bottom do not seem very helpful. They're white even when out of bath water, so maybe they turn slightly whiter in hot water but it's hard to tell. They do disappear in cold water, so I'm sure they're working, they just don't seem very useful. I expected a stark contrast between the water being hot and the water being warm, but the contrast is so subtle I can not tell the difference. When you're talking about a child's safety it seems like a flaw, but I suppose you shouldn't depend on that anyways.
If you want something cute, this is cute. If you want something correct, get a thermometer or get used to doing it the old fashioned way: feel the water yourself.

The word HOT seems always quite visible on the bottom of the ducky leading my husband to assume that the water is always too hot for the baby. When I get the water to the right temperature, the word HOT is visible on the bottom of the duck.

Unless you would like to bathe your child in cool water, you'll see the word HOT on the bottom of the duck. Now, the duck just floats in the tub with the other water toys. Too bad it doesn't squeak.
on January 27, 2018
I bought this is a bathtub toy for a 3-year-old girl and it’s just as cute as it looks in the ad. I thought it was kind of neat that it had a temperature indicator on the duck’s belly. I wasn’t expecting it to work very precisely but was pleasantly surprised when it did indeed work. It was kind of fun to play around with it and figure which water temperatures would change the indicator. You really can’t go wrong with this ducky.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 13, 2017
Perfect toy for my baby. It floats upright, doesn't have a hole in it for water to go in and get moldy, and is cute as can be. It's not very accurate in my opinion as far as judging if the water is to hot or not. I purchased two of them and they both change at different tempatures to say hot but I didn't really buy them for that anyways so they work for me.
review image