Oil month Automotive World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 12, 2018
What can you say about a rubber ducky? It floats, it squeaks and it's shaped like a ducky! Perfect for kids bath time. I got a few of these for my mother with Alzheimer's to trick her into taking a bath more often, as she has become claustrophobic and argues about bathing anymore. Oh the things we do for our kids/parents. I hope my kids will do the same for me when I am 80 and need to be entertained in the tub.
on July 24, 2017
I used to have a turtle thermometer to test the temperature in my kid's bath. That would tell you if the water was cold, warm, or hot, and the actual temperature. It broke (through no fault of the company) and I was in search of a replacement. I figured that I didn't actually need all of those features, I just needed to know if/when the water was too hot. I take pretty hot showers personally and feel that my internal temperature check is a bit off.

This duck was a huge disappointment. The color at the bottom is supposed to change when the water is too hot, but it is a very slight change. Sometimes the water feels too hot to me, but the duck won't change until it's been sitting in the water for a while. When dealing with young children, this is simply unacceptable
on April 3, 2018
The picture on the product page is misleading. I received a different duck from what they have posted in the pictures. It's a good rubber duck. I had purchased the one I had received today from my local Target a few months back. Floats well and doesn't have any holes (big plus since holes create mould) easy to hold as well. The hot detector is kind of hard to see, works well for me but probably not the best design. The letters go from a clear white to a more solid white? It's not much of a difference. Overall it's an excellent toy for bath time but like I mentioned before, I didn't receive the one displayed in the picture. I only ordered this duck since its a different style and wanted to add it to my daughters duck collection but I ended receiving the "old version" which I already own. Not worth returning since it was only like $2.
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 1, 2017
This doesn't do the 1 thing it's supposed to, tell you if water is a safe temperature for a baby. It says "HOT" on the bottom at room temperature. The indicator does turn a brighter white when in hot water, but that's not helpful. Also, it's not BPA free, so it really shouldn't be anywhere near people, let alone a child who is likely to put it in their mouth. How on earth does this have 4.5 stars? It was cheap, well reviewed, and from a major brand, and yet I wish I had read the comments first. Sigh. I'll use my infrared thermometer to test my water, but this seemed much more convenient.
review image
on March 8, 2017
It's a rubber duck so it can't be that bad, right? The duck part is great. Baby loves to chase it around the tub. I'm giving it three starts for the water temp indicator on the bottom. It's a great idea in theory, but ours indicates HOT even in lukewarm water. Maybe the manufacturers are overly cautious, which is great, but I would not recommend using this as your only indicator of how hot or cool your babies bath water is.
on May 11, 2014
So, this little guy floats around and lets me know if the water is too hot. Pretty basic, right? One might be offended, thinking what the heck, I can tell the temperature of water for Pete's sake, but I, having grown up in the glorious days of hand-washed dishes, am said to be made of Teflon. I can pick up blazing hot coffee and sip it right out of the pot. I've been known to yank hot soup out of the microwave with my bare hands. Is that pizza done yet? Let me stick my finger in it. Given that, I feel rather disqualified to determine water temp for my wee little newborn. The duck is nice. The duck is cute. The duck says HOT when my seared-to-the-point-of-unfeeling flesh says, "Meh, feels a little tepid." The duck keeps me from scalding my wee one. I do love the duck. If you're a lava-coffee sipping, hot-dish-washing mom like me, you'll want the duck.
on February 1, 2016
We have two different methods for testing the temperature of the bath: this and the thermometer we got from the hospital when baby was born. The duck is extremely hard to read and only has one reading: HOT. Even then, its extremely difficult to tell if its actually too hot since the letters are deceptive. The couple times I used it for actual temperature testing, the bath was waaay too cold (since I couldn't tell if it was registering HOT or not) according to our other hospital-given thermometer. The only reason I am giving this as many stars as I am is that my daughter LOVES to play with this during bath time. It is not bath time without the duck in the tub, and it floats (right side up) a lot better than the regular rubber ducky we have.
on April 9, 2017
Love rubber ducks, happy friendly little things. This has the ability to warn when the water is too hot and let's you know when the water is ok. I know, I know, you can stick your wrist in the water and feel it, which is always necessary. I would never simply trust this cute little rubber ducky because a burn would be brutal.
on March 7, 2016
I bought this because it's supposed to be sealed and not fill with water. It absolutely leaks. We put it in the tub last night for the first time. The blue "hot" plug is not correctly sealed. It fills with water and you have to try and squeeze it all out through the subpar seal. A complete and utter waste of money. I am super upset. It is absolutely useless if it fills with water, it's not mold resistant at all
on September 6, 2017
Like a lot of other reviewers I find the HOT hard to read. Because the bottom says HOT all the time. The lettering changes from blue to white with temperature. I wouldn't use this a true temperature gauge but as a bath toy it's perfect. I teach baby swim lessons and the duck is the most popular toy across the board. I also like to use these as a gift in diaper cakes.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.