Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Package Quantity: 1|Change
Price:$1.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 948 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,145 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 6, 2017
I bought this because like many babies they like ducks and my daughter is no exception. She loves ducks, it was one of her very first words and now I know why!
It does do a good job of letting you know when the water is too hot (although I never use it as a thermometer, because we have a separate turtle for that) and it floats upright, not many rubber ducks do that spots an added bonus. It's chewy and my daughter will play with it while she's having a wash. As I mentioned, I use a turtle bath thermometer too so I can see actual numbers for temperature but this is a great addition both toy and safety wise.
I'd recommend this because it's value for money & fun for little ones. I think it's a must-have bath toy because it's so classy.

We've been using it for a year and paint didn't come off (maybe a little bit on her nose), generally, it looks like new.
review image review image review image review image
on March 31, 2017
Works exactly as I'd hoped! My friend is a new mom, and so she is constantly worried she's doing everything wrong. One thing she had mentioned during her pregnancy is how fearful she is of burning her baby by underestimating the water temperature during bath time. Adults tend to like warmer baths, so she was afraid what she found warm, but not hot, would actually scald the baby. I wanted to get her something to give her peace of mind, so I began looking for similar products. I found this and thought it was adorable! The classic "rubber ducky" toy for bath time, but also a tool for Mom to use to make sure every bath is safe and comfy! Love it and can't wait to drive over and give it to her!
on February 1, 2016
We have two different methods for testing the temperature of the bath: this and the thermometer we got from the hospital when baby was born. The duck is extremely hard to read and only has one reading: HOT. Even then, its extremely difficult to tell if its actually too hot since the letters are deceptive. The couple times I used it for actual temperature testing, the bath was waaay too cold (since I couldn't tell if it was registering HOT or not) according to our other hospital-given thermometer. The only reason I am giving this as many stars as I am is that my daughter LOVES to play with this during bath time. It is not bath time without the duck in the tub, and it floats (right side up) a lot better than the regular rubber ducky we have.
on May 12, 2017
I looked forward to using this duckling when my 5-month-old baths - maybe I had too much expectations on what kind of cool features it may have - but I was not that impressed. It's basically just a rubber duckling, doesn't squirt water and the worst part I think is that it barely floats! (I guess I put too much bubble in the bath and the duck struggles to float?) Well, that's just me. I honestly think the heat indicator is just so silly, the word "HOT" just turns white when the water is too hot. (I didn't need a duck to tell me that.)

Well but let me be fair - the duck is innocent, for one thing, I didn't do enough research.
on April 13, 2017
Perfect toy for my baby. It floats upright, doesn't have a hole in it for water to go in and get moldy, and is cute as can be. It's not very accurate in my opinion as far as judging if the water is to hot or not. I purchased two of them and they both change at different tempatures to say hot but I didn't really buy them for that anyways so they work for me.
review image
on April 9, 2017
Love rubber ducks, happy friendly little things. This has the ability to warn when the water is too hot and let's you know when the water is ok. I know, I know, you can stick your wrist in the water and feel it, which is always necessary. I would never simply trust this cute little rubber ducky because a burn would be brutal.
on April 22, 2017
Very nice to be able to just get this from the comfort of my home instead of having to run around to get all the items I wanted for a shower gift. Reasonable price.
on March 8, 2017
It's a rubber duck so it can't be that bad, right? The duck part is great. Baby loves to chase it around the tub. I'm giving it three starts for the water temp indicator on the bottom. It's a great idea in theory, but ours indicates HOT even in lukewarm water. Maybe the manufacturers are overly cautious, which is great, but I would not recommend using this as your only indicator of how hot or cool your babies bath water is.
on March 22, 2017
This is great a rubber duck for bath time, horrible as an indicator for hot water. This is not accurate as the water was on the cooler side, yet the duck said it was HOT.
on May 8, 2017
I bought this as a fun traditional toy for my little girl. I liked the added bonus of the hot water indicator which is what caused me to pick this one over all the others. My favorite part about this duck is that it does not have any holes in it. That means no water or dampness staying inside of it and no mold like with other bath toys!