BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 1, 2016
We have two different methods for testing the temperature of the bath: this and the thermometer we got from the hospital when baby was born. The duck is extremely hard to read and only has one reading: HOT. Even then, its extremely difficult to tell if its actually too hot since the letters are deceptive. The couple times I used it for actual temperature testing, the bath was waaay too cold (since I couldn't tell if it was registering HOT or not) according to our other hospital-given thermometer. The only reason I am giving this as many stars as I am is that my daughter LOVES to play with this during bath time. It is not bath time without the duck in the tub, and it floats (right side up) a lot better than the regular rubber ducky we have.
on May 13, 2015
The duck is cute. It's about three inches long and two and a half inches tall. Soft plastic that allows you to squeeze it, though it doesn't do anything when you squeeze. The white "HOT" letters on the bottom do not seem very helpful. They're white even when out of bath water, so maybe they turn slightly whiter in hot water but it's hard to tell. They do disappear in cold water, so I'm sure they're working, they just don't seem very useful. I expected a stark contrast between the water being hot and the water being warm, but the contrast is so subtle I can not tell the difference. When you're talking about a child's safety it seems like a flaw, but I suppose you shouldn't depend on that anyways.
on September 6, 2017
Like a lot of other reviewers I find the HOT hard to read. Because the bottom says HOT all the time. The lettering changes from blue to white with temperature. I wouldn't use this a true temperature gauge but as a bath toy it's perfect. I teach baby swim lessons and the duck is the most popular toy across the board. I also like to use these as a gift in diaper cakes.
review image
on May 12, 2017
I looked forward to using this duckling when my 5-month-old baths - maybe I had too much expectations on what kind of cool features it may have - but I was not that impressed. It's basically just a rubber duckling, doesn't squirt water and the worst part I think is that it barely floats! (I guess I put too much bubble in the bath and the duck struggles to float?) Well, that's just me. I honestly think the heat indicator is just so silly, the word "HOT" just turns white when the water is too hot. (I didn't need a duck to tell me that.)

Well but let me be fair - the duck is innocent, for one thing, I didn't do enough research.
on February 23, 2017
We got this ducky for our little one's bath time, and we liked it so much we bought another one to give to our friends who are expecting a little one. It looks just like an ordinary rubber ducky but it tells you if the water is too hot. It is the only rubber ducky that we have that actually floats upright. So, increases safety, looks cute, floats. Who could ask for anything more?
on June 26, 2016
This thing is pretty much worthless imho. I ordered it because I developed carpal tunnel due to pregnancy swelling and couldn't trust my hands to accurately feel for safe water temperature because they were completely numb nearly all the time. If we made the bath water warm the duck would say HOT on the bottom. My poor baby would have been hypothermic if I had bothered to actually follow the ducks color changing thermostat on the bottom.
on April 22, 2017
Very nice to be able to just get this from the comfort of my home instead of having to run around to get all the items I wanted for a shower gift. Reasonable price.
on March 22, 2017
This is great a rubber duck for bath time, horrible as an indicator for hot water. This is not accurate as the water was on the cooler side, yet the duck said it was HOT.
on October 6, 2017
The bottom of duck touches the water, and is supposed to display HOT in blue color sensitive plastic... I tested this out before giving my granddaughter a bath... The blue colored plastic did display the word HOT in white letters, however it is supposed return to the color blue once water is correct temperature. This did not happen. My duck is now STAINED with the white letters displaying the word HOT. Complete garbage, don't waste your money. I wanted to purchase a different one were the ducks skin which is yellow, turns white when water is too hot, but them returns yellow when water is a good temperature. Looks like I'll be throwing this away, and ordering the better quality version.
on May 8, 2017
I bought this as a fun traditional toy for my little girl. I liked the added bonus of the hot water indicator which is what caused me to pick this one over all the others. My favorite part about this duck is that it does not have any holes in it. That means no water or dampness staying inside of it and no mold like with other bath toys!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.