Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Package Quantity: 1|Change
Price:$1.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 931 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,126 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 6, 2017
I bought this because like many babies they like ducks and my daughter is no exception. She loves ducks, it was one of her very first words and now I know why!
It does do a good job of letting you know when the water is too hot (although I never use it as a thermometer, because we have a separate turtle for that) and it floats upright, not many rubber ducks do that spots an added bonus. It's chewy and my daughter will play with it while she's having a wash. As I mentioned, I use a turtle bath thermometer too so I can see actual numbers for temperature but this is a great addition both toy and safety wise.
I'd recommend this because it's value for money & fun for little ones. I think it's a must-have bath toy because it's so classy.

We've been using it for a year and paint didn't come off (maybe a little bit on her nose), generally, it looks like new.
review image review image review image review image
on September 8, 2016
I really had high hopes for this. As a first-time mom I wanted to be absolutely CERTAIN that my son's bath water would never scald him. I bought this in order to help me with that worry, and it basically was useless. Even if the water is lukewarm, almost cold, the bottom will say "hot". It's almost like any temperature outside of room temp. is too hot. I stopped paying attention to this and ended up just using it as a bath toy for my son. If that's all you want, this is great, but if you really want a good indicator for water temp, go another route. Not a total waste of money because you can still use it as a toy, but not trustworthy at all.
on March 31, 2017
Works exactly as I'd hoped! My friend is a new mom, and so she is constantly worried she's doing everything wrong. One thing she had mentioned during her pregnancy is how fearful she is of burning her baby by underestimating the water temperature during bath time. Adults tend to like warmer baths, so she was afraid what she found warm, but not hot, would actually scald the baby. I wanted to get her something to give her peace of mind, so I began looking for similar products. I found this and thought it was adorable! The classic "rubber ducky" toy for bath time, but also a tool for Mom to use to make sure every bath is safe and comfy! Love it and can't wait to drive over and give it to her!
on February 1, 2016
We have two different methods for testing the temperature of the bath: this and the thermometer we got from the hospital when baby was born. The duck is extremely hard to read and only has one reading: HOT. Even then, its extremely difficult to tell if its actually too hot since the letters are deceptive. The couple times I used it for actual temperature testing, the bath was waaay too cold (since I couldn't tell if it was registering HOT or not) according to our other hospital-given thermometer. The only reason I am giving this as many stars as I am is that my daughter LOVES to play with this during bath time. It is not bath time without the duck in the tub, and it floats (right side up) a lot better than the regular rubber ducky we have.
on April 13, 2017
Perfect toy for my baby. It floats upright, doesn't have a hole in it for water to go in and get moldy, and is cute as can be. It's not very accurate in my opinion as far as judging if the water is to hot or not. I purchased two of them and they both change at different tempatures to say hot but I didn't really buy them for that anyways so they work for me.
review image
on April 9, 2017
Love rubber ducks, happy friendly little things. This has the ability to warn when the water is too hot and let's you know when the water is ok. I know, I know, you can stick your wrist in the water and feel it, which is always necessary. I would never simply trust this cute little rubber ducky because a burn would be brutal.
on March 8, 2017
It's a rubber duck so it can't be that bad, right? The duck part is great. Baby loves to chase it around the tub. I'm giving it three starts for the water temp indicator on the bottom. It's a great idea in theory, but ours indicates HOT even in lukewarm water. Maybe the manufacturers are overly cautious, which is great, but I would not recommend using this as your only indicator of how hot or cool your babies bath water is.
on January 18, 2016
Love-Love-Love this product! I have carpal tunnel in both hands which prevents me from having the touch sensitivity that most people have. This rubber ducky gives me a lot more confidence in selecting the proper time to put my 2.5 year-old granddaughter in the tub. All we do is let him float around for a few seconds, pick him up and check his belly. It lets me know whether the water is too hot for her delicate skin or of it is just right. She loves to tell me that he is yellow and orange and that his tummy is blue and white! (When the temperature is correct). I would definitely recommend this to others.
on January 24, 2017
Safety is important with a baby. I don't have to worry about accidentally having bath water too hot or cold. Also, you can experiment and find your ideal bath water temperature for a relaxing time for a mini mental get-away.
on February 13, 2016
Baby likes it ! At first he didn't payed attention to it but since he's 6 months old he really likes it and bites it and plays with it . It does show always the water is hot so it's confusing but I really don't pay attention to it and mostly bought it as a toy for my baby . Would recommend it .
review image