Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

• Customer Reviews

on December 11, 2010
This is a wonderful bath ducky because it doesn't have holes to allow water (and bacteria) in. It is NOT however a good temperature gauge. It ALWAYS says "HOT" unless the water is too cold to bathe in. We have an infant bath with a thermo read from 95-100 which all are in the "safe range" this duck says "HOT" at 95. Too cold for baby.
44 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2013
Had this rubber duck which my baby daughter loves so much until i noticed that the paint on the rubber duck started to come off (See the pictures i posted).
Cute but i do not recommend it.
review image review image review image review image review image
on July 10, 2010
Unfortunately, this duck rates the water as needing to be way too cold. It's pretty much useless as anything other than a bath toy. I'm assuming this temperature gauge being off has to do with the company worrying about the liability of babies burning in warm water, but they went so far to the other end, it's not usable. I wouldn't recommend for the purpose of testing water temperature.
on October 25, 2009
I have always been able to feel the water temperature myself & know how it should be for baby but my husband never trusted his judgement so this helped him when I wasn't able to test the water first. Be sure you always check the water yourself.

We have this duck & an infantino brand with a hole in the bottom. I hate the infantino one with the hole because it gets moldy on the inside.

This duck does not have holes so it does not get moldy!! My girls love playing with both the ducks & chewing on their bills. I'm throwing the infantino away due to the mold issues. I think this one will be played with for a long time.

Don't buy a Bath Time Duck or any other type of Bath Time toy that has holes for water to get inside.
on January 31, 2011
My baby LOVES this duck. She gets so excited everytime she sees it and it is a huge hit at bathtime. As other reviewers have posted, the "hot" part is very sensitive...it always says hot for us even when the temperature is right. Regardless, great price and wonderful duck!
on August 23, 2014
The only reason I got this is because I wanted a rubber duck for my son that didn't have holes to store mold. He is easily distracted in the bath and having a cute floating toy has made it easier on me. Not impressed by the temperature señor at the bottom of this thing. The color change in the word hot is very subtle....of course it didn't bother me because I knew that from the reviews. I'll post some pics of it.
review image review image
on January 23, 2011
My sister got this duck for us when my son was born. He is now one and we cannot get into the tub without this ducky. I love that I can plop it in the tub while I get him undressed and check the water before we set him in there. He loves it because it is a duck (his favorite thing). So it's pretty much a win/win situation in our household with this duck.

I've never had a problem with it showing when the water is too hot (and we tend to run it pretty warm), it's simple and easy to read.
on March 24, 2016
AMAZING! The concept behind this ducky is great, and it works well. Place it in the tub and if the water is too hot, the bottom has lettering that turns white to say HOT. If the temperature of the water is not too hot, it stays blue.

Who should by this: Anyone with a baby, kids, elder parents, great baby shower gift!
on August 15, 2016
I bought this rubber duck so I could have a companion with me when I’m in my spa – someone I could talk to, someone to share my hopes, my dreams, and other personal thoughts with when no one else was around. But alas, what I got instead was a DEAD DUCK that swims around for a little while and then turns over on its side and never gets back up. I don’t know if he missed the weights being handed out when he was made or if he is related to one of people Rocky Balboa fought and knocked out. But either way, I’m terribly disappointed with my purchase. Munchkin White Hot Safety Bath Ducky
on February 20, 2016
grandkids (ages 6 and 4) really like these duckies. They stay overnight with us almost every week and at their last stay is the first time they played in the big whirlpool-like tub we have. They played very well with them and with one another, except for the water getting on the floor, of course. These are made well, bright colors and soft. Can't wait until the 16 month old grandson takes his bath with these.