Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 70 reviews
VINE VOICEon March 10, 2014
There are 2 separate movies in this set, so I am going to give them separate star ratings, and then average them.

The Great Muppet Caper:
This one wasn't that great. It drags a bit in a number of places, and the plot is a bit convoluted and slow. However, there are quite a few genuinely funny moments in the movie as well (pretty much all of the scenes in the motel with the band are golden) and the plot gets pretty interesting about halfway through the movie.

3 stars
-------------------------------------------------

Muppet Treasure Island
This movie is just EXCELLENT. It has everything you could ask for in a Muppet movie: action, comedy, stars and awesome puppetry! Right off the bat, a major factor to recommend this movie is that it co-stars Tim Curry -- who is awesome! Second, there are a LOT more action scenes in the movie than you generally get with Muppet movies, think The Labyrinth for the amount and type of scenes. Last, the plot is ripped straight from Treasure Island (which is a good story), and then Muppet-ized to make it more interesting.
5 stars
-------------------------------------------------

Star rating for the 2 movies together as a package: 4 stars
on March 25, 2014
Received the Blu-Ray disk quickly, but did not get to watch it immediately. When I did watch it yesterday finally, the main audio track for Muppet Treasure Isand does not play- just the tracks with the background noise/voices. Oddly, the French audio does have all the tracks playing just fine, as does the DVD version that came with this. Was greatly disappointed- but even more disappointed that the return window was so small- only 30 days? I cannot recommend this product. This highlights the issue with buying this type of product online- I should have bought it from Walmart, where there would have been no issue with an exchange.
on December 30, 2013
The muppet caper blu-ray seems to work fine however the muppet treasure island blu-ray loses sound after a minute or two. I may try to play around with it and see if it is only temporary or if the entire movie is "silent." I stopped after a minute of no sound because my daughter was getting mad, tried restarting, and same issue. May try a third time and fast forward to see if a temporary problem or a big problem. I am debating if I should exchange for another copy because I paid the price to watch the movies in blu-ray (not DVD) - had to put the DVD treasure island on so my daughter could watch without frustration however the reason I spent the extra money was to have the movies on blu-ray. Muppet Treasure Island is not a favorite of mine but I think my daughter likes it and I am glad to have Muppet Caper on blu-ray.
on March 10, 2017
Good set of movies, at a great price.
on January 22, 2016
This movie/series is an upgrade to our regular dvds making the switch to Blu-ray. For a while I was only getting the action movies on Blu-ray, but prices between the two have become more competitive if you are patient enough to wait for the deal. Many times the only thing missing are the extras on the blu-rays. It makes it that I still have to keep the dvd copies because of their extra content. Someday.
on February 2, 2014
So, the first time I went to watch the Blue-Ray for Muppet Treasure Island, the speach track didn't work, but I guess that was something wrong with my PS3 or receiver, because when I went back to double check before writing this review, it worked fine.

The movies, of course, are great.
on April 4, 2017
Good price for 2 fun movies.
on December 9, 2016
Two great Muppet movies in one package. What more could you ask? Muppet Treasure Island is one of our favorites-we sing along with the songs. I have loved the Muppets since I was a kid watching the original 'show' with my family.
on October 16, 2015
Muppet Treasure Island takes a great classic and adds tons of comedy and great acting, to create a fun filled movie. I can watch this over and over. The Great Muppet Caper is a mystery that has the gang trying to find out who stole the jewels so they can clear Miss Piggy. Much comedy ensues. A great show.
on February 1, 2017