Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Murad - Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum 1.0 fl oz
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on March 1, 2015
In 6 weeks my dark spots became MUCH less visible- my before and after pic are in 6 week time frame. Very happy with this product!
review image
on June 10, 2013
I had seen this product on "The Doctors" and decided to give it a try. After only 1 week I noticed my dark sun spots fading. Now, after about 5 weeks they have almost completely disappeared!
on December 5, 2012
I decided to try this serum after reading about it in my SHAPE magazine and I am super happy with the results. I have a skin condition called melasma which causes over-pigmentation of my skin from any sun exposure. This serum works! In just a week I noticed an improvement. I highly recommend this product!
on January 19, 2016
I was extremely happy with the results of this product UNTIL I read about the active agent in this product that causes these (skin brightening/lightening) "fantastic" results. Hydroquinone is a KNOWN carcinogen. I am not a doctor but I would NEVER advise anyone to use this product- and most esp during pregnancy! This seems to be when many women have problems with skin pigmentation (usu due to hormones), and are often looking for products to remedy their skin discoloration. What a stupid system we have here in the US when bans are put on natural supplements and products like this are sold without any warning labels!
Please do your own research. I will include what was written in Wikipedia (but check your sources and you will see this is not new information!)
Wikipedia states:

"Skin depigmentation:

In human medicine, hydroquinone is used as a topical application in skin whitening to reduce the color of skin. It does not have the same predisposition to cause dermatitis as metol does. This use is banned in some countries, including the member states of the European Union under Directive 76/768/EEC:1976.[13][14]

In 2006, the United States Food and Drug Administration revoked its previous approval of hydroquinone and proposed a ban on all over-the-counter preparations.[15] The FDA stated that hydroquinone cannot be ruled out as a potential carcinogen. This conclusion was reached based on the extent of absorption in humans and the incidence of neoplasms in rats in several studies where adult rats were found to have increased rates of tumours, including thyroid follicular cell hyperplasias, anisokaryosis (variation in nuclei sizes), mononuclear cell leukemia, hepatocellular adenomas and renal tubule cell adenomas. The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics has also highlighted concerns.[16]

Numerous studies have revealed that hydroquinone can cause exogenous ochronosis, a disfiguring disease in which blue-black pigments are deposited onto the skin, if taken orally; however, skin preparations containing the ingredient are administered topically. The FDA has classified hydroquinone currently as a safe product, as currently used.[15][17]

While using hydroquinone as lightening agent can be effective with proper use, it can also cause skin sensitivity. Using a daily sunscreen with a high PPD (persistent pigment darkening) rating reduces the risk of further damage. Hydroquinone is sometimes combined with alpha hydroxy acids that exfoliate the skin to quicken the lightening process. In the United States, topical treatments usually contain up to 2% in hydroquinone. Otherwise, higher concentrations (up to 4%) should be prescribed and used with caution."

Be careful what you apply to your skin. Transdermal application is often more effective (and in this case more detrimental) for your body.
Personally I have started using Glutathione 500 mg orally for skin brightening, as it is a known antioxidant already produced by my own body.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone out there.
on August 19, 2014
My esthtetician suggested I order Murad to rid myself of the "brown mustache " under my lip caused by pigmentation. She said it would take about a month to work. It's only been 2 weeks and I can see a considerable difference. Quite pleased with product!!!
on July 9, 2013
I was optimistic after reading so many positive reviews. However, after using this product consistently for 5 weeks I see absolutely no difference in my brown spots. I don't understand how it can work so well for some yet have no results for me.
on April 3, 2014
Dark spots still visible, but have lightened in the last few weeks. Not sure if I would purchase again, but I've only used 1/3 of bottle.will see at the end of bottle.
on June 28, 2016
I have tried many products for my sunspots and none has even come close to what I would consider worth what I paid for it, but this product is different. I have been using it religiously for the last 2 weeks and most of my sunspots have all but gone and the biggest one on my cheek is significantly lighter... I love this product and will never stray to another! Now to try the rest of the line..
on November 6, 2013
Dark spots on face are fading although not completely gone. I've used it for a month and will continue to use it to see if they completely fade.
on May 4, 2015