Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Big & Rich GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on February 16, 2016
In what appears to be the second installment of a series starring fearless, intelligent, everyday girl Nikki Sands, she finds herself sleuthing her way to a new living. She has settled into a new job (not a detective), in a new place (not a prison), and finds herself compelled to find the murderer of a bride so her friend can be exonerated, I really like how the author continues the main story line (life of Nikki Sands) while the crime happens all around her. I guess we could say this is more like real life, including a life of love.

Like the original book, the characters appear real and someone that may be lurking in the coffee shop across the street. I love the increased role of the “Boys of Summer”. These characters not only add humor, but have an appeal that I would rather hope finds its way into more scenes. However, what I thought was a cute little ad-on in the last book, turned out to be a nice little salad with a wine pairing. Now I know nothing about real wine pairing, but the salad was very nice, so I expect the wine would be, too, I look forward to trying these little culinary gifts.

That being said. I can say that this series is growing on me. Not only do I want to find out where the underlying story line is going, I am really interested in how Nikki Sands solves her mystery. We have a little background now and it makes Nikki Sands, Detective, sound not so far fetched. I'll bet she has a great solve rate. I am definitely looking forward to the next mystery.
on February 4, 2016
A "simple" murder mystery with a good story line, reasonably believable. Nicely drawn characters whom you like, a good variety of "types", not too many to be too complex, but enough to be interesting. I especially liked the wine and food (recipe with wine pairing) interludes interspersed in the book between various chapters, which reflected a meal and wine that was in the story.
on May 27, 2016
Nikki plays sleuth when she's the one to find the victim and many of her friends and acquaintances are potential suspects. The problem is that sometimes asking questions and such only adds to the suspicion. Scott keeps the story moving with a few twists and the advances and retreats of her two suitors. Personally, I liked Derek. The story is well-paced if not suspenceful. As an added bonus, there are recipes and wine pairings.

This is the second in the Wine Lover's Mysteries, but is the first one I've read. I had no trouble following along - definitely can be read as a stand alone. This was a good read at the end of stressful day. Of course, now I'll have to go back to MURDER UNCORKED and find out how Nikki ends up at Malveaux Estates.
on March 16, 2017
Loved it! The recipes and the wines actually exist! Waiting for another book in series.
on May 3, 2017
Loved it I just started drinking wine. And this fits love it
on August 14, 2006
This is the first mystery novel I have ever read that has been set in the Northern California wine country, and I was impressed. Having lived in the Napa Valley for several years, I could identify with the locations mentioned the the book and almost smell the grapes growing in the Valley.

I really wished that I had read Scott's first title in this series because I found myself a bit lost when she referred to events that had happened previously. Scott's character development was good, although I felt that there were too many "suspects" with shady pasts that made it hard for me to zero in on who might have done it, prior to actually finding out at the end of the book. I was actually surprised at who the murderer was!

Also, I like when romance is mixed with mystery, but in a more subtler way. The main characters' romantic interests in her boss and friend are a little too obvious for this soon in the series, perhaps these could be developed over a longer period of time, leaving more imagination to the reader?

Overall, a good mystery set in a delightful region. Wine lovers should enjoy the recipes and wine pairings.
on August 12, 2015
She's sure getting better at playing Nancy drew. I love we have a woman hairowin who's so smart. She's so real and not at all fake. Hope she doesn't settle in love.
on February 16, 2016
It's a very interesting story.I liked it so much I went and bought the next book in the series.
on January 25, 2016
A very enjoyable book. Down to earth, at times funny and the plot kept you reading forward.
on February 17, 2016
Like the characters in the story!