Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on October 19, 2012
Copied from my review of the first book in the series "Murder at Steeple Martin" - but I read all 10 books in a row, so in my head they're more like one long story (yeah, I like to watch TV show marathons too).

If you're a fan of cozy mysteries, this is a great series to pick up - especially on their current sale price! I read the entire series straight through, and for the most part really enjoyed it. I'm a fan of English murder mysteries (recently discovered "Midsomer Mysteries" on TV and have been in heaven), and this is a great contribution to the genre.

The characters were relatable, dimensioned, and the heroines try their best to avoid Nancy Drew (or Miss Marple on that side of the pond) syndrome - their insistence that people should go talk to the police because they'll get there first anyway. Very refreshing :)

I hope there are more books coming!
on August 18, 2012
Murder in the Green is the seventh book in the Libby Serjeant mystery series. Now that I have read quite a few of the books in this series, I have picked up certain patterns. One of the recurring concepts in Cookson's novels seems to be that you can't escape your past and that includes ancestors with secrets to hide. It will come back to haunt you when you least expect it.
I enjoyed the mystery plot, and working out the clues. I am though starting to become a bit frustrated with the central character, Libby. Her obsessive determination not to marry Ben and her hot and cold attitudes towards him are starting to strain credibility, particularly in terms of the reasons for refusing to consider moving in with Ben at the family farm he is renovating. I find Fran a far more interesting, appropriate character as a sleuth, and yet she appears to be becoming less dominant in each novel. In my mind, it should be the other way around, or alternatively, a strong enough relationship between the two women should evolve for them to become the sleuthing pair in the time honoured British tradition.
on August 15, 2016
I thought this episode in the series so far was a lot weird and confusing. The story was difficult to follow and had me rolling my eyes going "ya right that's real likely", especially when it came to ending.
VINE VOICEon November 23, 2013
I read several Scottish and English series. This one did not appeal at all; I found many of the terms in the colloquial speach undecipherable and could never connect with the characters. Apparently I am in the minority, as Cookman has ten or so books published in this series. Perhaps someone more familiar with the area would enjoy them more.
on July 11, 2013
I like the way this is written - like all the Libby Sarjeant series - as if they are ordinary everyday people - not spies, government agents, but a regular housewife who is as nosey as the rest of us and ends up solving crimes. Love her
on December 11, 2012
Murder in the Green is one of a series by Lesley Cookman. The hero Libby Sarjeant "with a j" is curious and talented and opinionated. She works with a Psychic friend who see's "facts" but can't do it on command. I love the twist's and turns of the whole series and can hardly wait to read the next one.
on June 26, 2013
The writing was a bit, tongue in cheek! And, I think the story was too drawn out...there were too many characters early up....the gathered evidence was quite flimsy....and when Libby and Fran got bits of info, I think it unrealistic how they came to their conclusions.
on November 21, 2012
An entertaining afternoon's read. Great characters, great location and I love the way she weaves historical events into her plots and story lines.
on September 29, 2012
These mysteries are engaging and smart. I have read 3 now and will read more. I usually read to wind down before sleep, so mysteries that do not have too much horror and gore are perfect for me.
on December 5, 2012
I really enjoy this series.This book continues to give a good mystery, and plenty of upgrades to all the people who live in this fictional town. Libby is fun character, and always finds a murder. I always look forward to the next book