Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Murder Over Easy (Monona Quinn Mysteries)
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Water Sports STEM

on January 10, 2012
This would be a typical story for the Angela Lansbury TV series "Murder She Wrote" except for an embarrassingly out-of-place intimate, description of sexual intercourse between a man and his wife that starts the story off. If you get past this short foray, the story is a mild mystery that is not difficult to figure out. If the story had been written by a novice you might think he was trying to prove he had taken high school sex ed.
on January 21, 2012
I am 28% of the way through this book. So far it is decidedly unspectacular. However, I am getting so annoyed with several people's dialog being slammed into a single paragraph that I had to come leave a review. It's really disconcerting for 2 people, alternating in dialog in a discussion, to be depicted by just putting end quotation marks and starting the next dialog a space later. I don't know if it's the transition to Kindle format that has been bobbled, or if the author doesn't understand proper convention.

But it's so annoying I'm about ready to bail out on the book.
on January 15, 2008
In this very short, quick read book, Charlie the owner of a small town Wisconsin diner and town leader is found dead at the bottom of his basement stairs. The ruling of accidental death doesn't sit well the Monona Quinn, the new editor of the local newspaper. Deciding to do the Nancy Drew thing, she sets out to tie up the loose ends that the sheriff appears to not want to handle. Turns out that it's not that he doesn't want to, he just knows some of the town's secrets. Is it worth destroying the man's good name with the truth? Interesting start to Cook's series.
on January 12, 2012
First of all, I must agree with the previous reviewer who was talking about the love-making scene being very textbook. Uh, yeah. And if the main character is the female "Mo" then why is that part told mostly from the guy's point of view and how good it was for him?

Also, what happened to starting a new paragraph when a new person talks?! I can't follow the dialogue enough to figure out who is saying what.

The descriptions of things don't add anything to the story line or plot. It just seems pretty pointless. I couldn't even make it through the whole book.
on January 16, 2012
I downloaded this for free for my Kindle so I can't complain too much. I imagine this could be a good book. However, at 7% into the book I've given up trying to read it. The storyline seems good but between spelling errors and bad formatting I've spent most of my time trying to figure out which character is speaking and what they are actually trying to say.
If they offer an updated version of the book with the formatting corrected I'll try again but for now I'm giving up.
on January 18, 2012
Maybe I'm just old school but putting characters comments on the same lines as others is entirely too confusing. I read about 28% of this book and had to leave it unread. I read for pleasure, not to try and figure out who says what.
on August 4, 2003
Sometimes you find a well written exciting book accidentally and reading it is like a gift that you give to yourself. Murder Over Easy is an exciting ride from an experienced writer. In his bio I saw that he was even on Oprah. Marshall Cook is like a cross between Sue Grafton and Elmore Leonard: great stories, great dialogue. This is a book so good that I couldn't put it down.
on March 31, 2012
I found this book really boring and I thought the dialogue was horrible at times. The relationship between the main character and her husband seemed strange and forced most times. There sex scenes seemed cold and unfeeling nothing like what you would imagine a loving couple would be like. I just really couldn't get into the book I thought the way it was written destroyed the whole story. I got this while it was free which is a good thing. Not worth in my opinion any more than .99 cents.
on March 22, 2014
Not sure how to describe why this book seemed very average to me... possibly it was the under-developed characters or the unsupported jump to the bad guy. All in all, it was kind of boring and not very well-written. The subject matter lends itself to a much better, deeper exploration of life running a small town newspaper. This book deals with it in a cursory manner that makes me wonder how familiar the writer is with the subject. I guess I'd say everything in the book is just a little too superficial and glossed over for my taste. I keep thinking "where's the beef?"
on December 30, 2013
This was a murder mystery book series. This book was just OK for me because it wasn't as "action packed" as I'd have hoped for it to be. There was nothing even when the news reporter became face-to-face with the murderer himself. I was hoping for more action & more crime solving than what was really portrayed in the book. I will not be reading any more books in this series.