Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on April 15, 2013
We hosted the Honky Tonk Homicide for a group of 8 in their 60's and 70's. Everyone really got into their characters with costumes, props, etc. The "bar" set-up was fun. The suggestion for bottles to be set around worked just great, and we used our deck as the site of dinner with newspapers as place mats and dead plants as centerpieces. (Really tacky!)

We had great fun trying to investigate the murder, but no one picked him/her out, so I guess the murderer was good at keeping us guessing.

My only complaint was the script given to each character in our booklets was a little confusing, and since this was our first try at this, no one knew when to start and when to follow someone else. Would have preferred more direction - like #1 speaker, for example. That would have assisted our novice group.

Overall well worth the price and a fun evening. They also include a computer CD with another game, which we'll be trying.
on September 29, 2014
I have hosted a murder mystery dinner for the past several years. This particular company sold the game I used last year. My guests liked it better than prior years as the character booklet gave step by step comments that should be said. I assumed that all their games would be like this, but that is not the case. This one is the same as others, comments that need to be shared are given, but written in one or two paragraphs instead of like a script for a play. This format works, but is a bit harder as you are reading your paragraph and then trying to think of how to say what you are supposed to say. It is hard to explain if you have never played with both formats.
on February 7, 2014
There were enough people to have a full compliment of characters. We played on New Years Eve. Would be nice to have some links to go to where we could print out some signs. For example, I make my own "Welcome to (name of town) city population" sign so people could start feeling they were in the game the minute they came to our front door. Signs like that to place around the house. Those of a honkytonk variety.

Other than that, it played out well, and we had a lot of fun. We all dressed the part, and you'll never guess who killed whom until the very end of the game.
on October 27, 2014
Great plot and character development. Stick with just the 8 characters designated- I tried adding additional parts and it wasn't the same. Fun for adults!
on June 26, 2014
Thus was a great game. We enjoyed it! You definitely have to be an open group of people, but if you are, this does is great. Gobs of fun.

I only give this one 4 stars instead of 5 because the scripts and guides were not see well written as the winery one.
on September 4, 2014
GreAt fun but the directions were to vague. Would play it again but would not play as this needed a facalitor
on October 15, 2014
It was a great event love these murder mystery dinner parties
on November 26, 2013
We hosted a Murder Mystery Party using Honky Tonk Homicide. It was alot of fun. Everyone dressed up for their part and got into character. The game provides a lot of fun and laughs.
on January 11, 2013
This murder mystery was clunky with a thin story line. I bought this game for a New Year's Eve party and the best part of the game was laughing at how bad it was.
on May 8, 2013
If you never host a mystery dinner party at your house, please do. A good reason to have a few friends over, practice your cooking skills and dramatic reading. REally fun!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.