Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.49 shipping
+ $5.24 shipping
Murder Mystery Party - Lethal Luau
|Price:||$79.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Lethal Luau Murder Mystery Party Game is a dinner party in a box
- The body of Chase Diamond was discovered at a Hawaiian Luau, and you must solve the murder before the killer strikes again
- Includes 8 character booklets, 8 party invitations, 8 nametags, 8 crime scene clues, party planning booklet plus bonus CD
- For 8 players 18 and over
- University Games offers you and your family creative games that are easy to learn and fun to play
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
1) The game barely took 2 hrs to complete as opposed to the 4 hrs we averaged with the other parties.
2) Each round starts with a printed dialog for the characters to read. People who enjoy improv might find this limiting, but a shy crowd appreciates the help.
3) The murderer knows in the first round they've done it. This is ok if your guests are good actors who can keep a secret, but it will change the experience for that guest. In the How to Host a Murder series the murderer has to figure out the mystery along with the other guests.
4) The game is written for a minimum of 6 people with 2 extra characters in case you have more guests. We played with 7. Having an extra, non-suspect, character confused some guests but as hostess I appreciated not having to find an 8th guest.
All in all we had a good time with this game. The theme is easy to setup and everyone can easily find a Hawaiian shirt. If I had known the differences between the game brands I would have planned my party differently, but I will definitely use the Bedazzled Murder Mystery series for parties in the future.
As to the plot itself, it was excellently done. I hadn't put all the clues together myself, but one of our members came out with the solution exactly. Everyone else agreed and it turned out that through listening closely and paying attention to clues, the murder is one that can be solved.
Everyone had a good, fun time! We enjoyed playing the parts, learning about Hawaii through the characters and CD and most of all playing a game that brought us all together for a good evening with friends.
This was the first mystery game we've played. It was fun and we'd like to plan more in the future. I agree with what other people have said about the number of players. This game says it's for 6-8 people, but the 7th and 8th player parts don't have lines (other than introducting themselves), so their participation is limited more to listening to others, although they can ad lib their own lines and help w/ interrogating the other suspect characters. I'd suggest that the host/hostess take the 7th & 8th "non-suspect" parts, or give those parts to guests who can't commit to whether or not they'll make it. However,if you have a slightly larger guest list, you could probably create & add more non-suspect parts of your own if you had a couple other people who wanted to ad lib lines and be there to listen, interrogate and scruitinize clues to try to solve the crime.
I loved the recipes & planning guide that came with the game, it was very useful and I will use the recipes again in the future. We used the main "from scratch/self-prepare" dinner menu, but to make it a little simpler & quicker, did sub in some frozen entrees from Trader Joes rather than completely preparing all from scratch (ie the coconut shrimp, orange chicken, and frozen meatballs), but used all the other recipes ... the papaya, avocada, pineapple salad was delicious! Everyone liked the tropical fruit punch so much, I had to make up a 2nd batch ... we went w/ the non-alcoholic version (our guest ages ranged from 17 to 52yrs). The suggested age limit on this particular game is 18+ due to some mild adult content w/in the script ... probably closely equivalent to a PG-13 movie rating though.
NOTE: we didn't realize that we should have passed around the individual clues as they were revealed for people to really analyze and scrutinize them for various things ... be sure everyone gets a chance to really check out the "physcial" clues as they are revealed throughout the game.
Oh yeah, I give this game some credibility for being educational due to how closely you have to pay attn and remember events and things people have done/said in order to figure out who the murderer is. Also, depending on how much you want to research the hawaiian culture, food, music for your prep, it could be even more educational :-)