Murder Mystery Party - Lethal Luau
|Price:||$75.25 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Order it now.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Lethal Luau Murder Mystery Party Game is a dinner party in a box
- The body of Chase Diamond was discovered at a Hawaiian Luau, and you must solve the murder before the killer strikes again
- Includes 8 character booklets, 8 party invitations, 8 nametags, 8 crime scene clues, party planning booklet plus bonus CD
- For 8 players 18 and over
- University Games offers you and your family creative games that are easy to learn and fun to play
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
1) The game barely took 2 hrs to complete as opposed to the 4 hrs we averaged with the other parties.
2) Each round starts with a printed dialog for the characters to read. People who enjoy improv might find this limiting, but a shy crowd appreciates the help.
3) The murderer knows in the first round they've done it. This is ok if your guests are good actors who can keep a secret, but it will change the experience for that guest. In the How to Host a Murder series the murderer has to figure out the mystery along with the other guests.
4) The game is written for a minimum of 6 people with 2 extra characters in case you have more guests. We played with 7. Having an extra, non-suspect, character confused some guests but as hostess I appreciated not having to find an 8th guest.
All in all we had a good time with this game. The theme is easy to setup and everyone can easily find a Hawaiian shirt. If I had known the differences between the game brands I would have planned my party differently, but I will definitely use the Bedazzled Murder Mystery series for parties in the future.
As to the plot itself, it was excellently done. I hadn't put all the clues together myself, but one of our members came out with the solution exactly. Everyone else agreed and it turned out that through listening closely and paying attention to clues, the murder is one that can be solved.
Everyone had a good, fun time! We enjoyed playing the parts, learning about Hawaii through the characters and CD and most of all playing a game that brought us all together for a good evening with friends.
This was the first mystery game we've played. It was fun and we'd like to plan more in the future. I agree with what other people have said about the number of players. This game says it's for 6-8 people, but the 7th and 8th player parts don't have lines (other than introducting themselves), so their participation is limited more to listening to others, although they can ad lib their own lines and help w/ interrogating the other suspect characters. I'd suggest that the host/hostess take the 7th & 8th "non-suspect" parts, or give those parts to guests who can't commit to whether or not they'll make it. However,if you have a slightly larger guest list, you could probably create & add more non-suspect parts of your own if you had a couple other people who wanted to ad lib lines and be there to listen, interrogate and scruitinize clues to try to solve the crime.
I loved the recipes & planning guide that came with the game, it was very useful and I will use the recipes again in the future.Read more ›
1. Check your box ahead of time and count booklets, mine was missing a booklet.
2. Two of the 7 booklets that we had were misprinted! We are all sitting around reading the dialogue and it took away a bit from the game because you can figure out who the murderer is not by this.
3. Two parts are not needed and I would post them, but then you would know they weren't the murderers. So, it is a catch 22 because it will ruin the game for you if you read the booklets.
4. I didn't care how the booklets were written. The dialogue parts were ok, but the part where you are suppose to talk about yourself needed instructions so everyone knew to take this information and improve it. It kept saying you, and so people would get confused, because they were suppose to be reading it I.
5. Give the booklets to people before the game so they can read them. You won't know if you have the misprinted books until it is to late though, unless you want to go through checking the game. This is very irritating and confusing for you.
This game took about 3 1/2 hours, but we would pause the game and talk.
It is really good for a group that doesn't know each other very well because it keep the dialogue moving and opens up new topics of conversation.
It was easy to decorate.
The dialogue is probably pg- I would have no problem letting a 16 year old play the game only one or two sexual innuendos.
We used the cd, but found it slowed down the game so I would probably pass on that.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Took this on a week long sailing trip to do with the it family one evening. Had a great time, easy to follow, everyone was in costume, lots of laughs. I highly recommend it.Published 1 day ago by pegster
Our Bridge group loves these murder mystery dinner games. . . we play one once a year. We are all retired and like the scripted sets very much. Read morePublished 2 months ago by up north
This was so much fun! We had 12 people total play but the other 4 just didnt have "speaking" parts. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Cambria
This was the perfect mystery and was well received by everyone. HilariousPublished 11 months ago by sandy
I wish i read that the game comes with an audio tape!!!!! seriously a tape!!!Published 17 months ago by Sara
Have entertained dinner guests in the past with a Murder Mystery night. Great fun especially when you invite guests who really get into their character. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Sarasota Val
This was a great mystery. I am lookiing for another one for the Senior Center. We did have to re-write some lines because it appeared that a few lines in the package did not belong... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Margaret