- File Size: 852 KB
- Print Length: 256 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0007527500
- Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks; Reprint edition (October 28, 2003)
- Publication Date: October 28, 2003
- Sold by: HarperCollins Publishers
- Language: English
- ASIN: B000FC12Z0
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,211 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$6.30|
Price set by seller.
Murder on the Orient Express: A Hercule Poirot Mystery (Hercule Poirot series Book 10) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 256 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $9.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $2.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to Murder on the Orient Express: A Hercule Poirot Mystery (Hercule Poirot series Book 10)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
As far as audiobooks go, that could have been one of my issues with enjoying this book. I listened to the book on 1x, and there were still times when the voice actor was difficult to understand. I appreciate how he used a variety of different voices, but there were times when I couldn't understand him because he used too thick of an accent or spoke too quickly. There are a lot of characters and information to maintain, and maybe reading the book would have been better than listening to it. At least the audiobook is only about six hours, so at least it's a quick listen!
Classic Agatha Christie -- You won't know who did it until the end (when the detective figures it out and spells it out for you:) But you will have fun getting to know all the "suspects" along the way!
A man is murdered in the middle of the night on the train, and there are 12 suspects. The dilemma: all of the suspects have alibis, and none of them seems like the murdering kind. On the other hand, the man who was murdered had done horrible things and was evil through and through. There were a number of reasons why a number of people would want him dead... so who did it?
The basic plot, for any who don't already know, involves a murder on board a train with a small, but colorful, group of passengers. It becomes apparent relatively quickly that no one could have possibly committed the murder but Poirot has no option except to exercise his little gray cells to their utmost in an effort to solve the case. The story moves along at a nice clip and the cast is varied and interesting. My favorite aspect of any Poirot novel tends to be the little Belgian himself and he is in fine form here.
It is a tribute to Agatha Christie's writing that I could enjoy reading a mystery novel so much on my first read even knowing the murderer before starting. The book is an excellent choice whether you are an old Poirot fan who hasn't gotten around to it yet or a first-time Christie reader.
This novel is one I would definitely recommend as a detective novel. It is very European in feel. Agatha Christie writes comfortably with both male and female characters and I wouldn't have known her gender by her writing because her portrayal of men is dead-on correct in the manner in which men act. This is a good novel to read on a rainy day with a cup of tea to drink.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > British & Irish > Historical
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > British Detectives
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > British
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Murder
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Private Investigators
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Traditional Detectives