- File Size: 1484 KB
- Print Length: 315 pages
- Publisher: Berkley (November 6, 2018)
- Publication Date: November 6, 2018
- Sold by: Penguin Group (USA) LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B079R366MZ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #267,258 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price set by seller.
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Murder, She Wrote: Manuscript for Murder (Murder She Wrote Book 48) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 315 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
|Age Level: 18 and up|
|Grade Level: 13 and up|
- Book 48 of 53 in Murder She Wrote
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"A tight, twisty tale that keeps you guessing until the final page and gasping when you've finally turned it. Jessica Fletcher has never been better!"—Lisa Scottoline, #1 New York Times bestselling author
"Land takes the action and suspense to a new level, one not found in previous installments in the series. This is more than just another whodunit, it’s an action book that brings Jessica’s character into a whole new light."—Suspense Magazine
“Land is pushing the series into new territory, blurring the boundary between cozy mysteries and thrillers. Or perhaps he is forming a new genre: the cozy thriller...A rip-roaring thrill both for Jessica and her readers.” —BookTrib
“A great mystery-thriller, packed with crackling cliffhangers and mouth-dropping moments, as riveting as it is relentless. This may not be exactly your grandmother’s or mother’s Jessica Fletcher, but in Land’s able hands the iconic Murder, She Wrote is without question the finest mystery series being written today. Call Manuscript for Murder a thriller if you want, so long as you call it not to be missed.” —Bestsellersworld
Praise for the USA Today bestselling Murder, She Wrote Series:
"Series fans will be pleased to find this popular franchise in Land's able hands."—Publishers Weekly
“Fresh and appealing…extremely satisfying. It pulled me in right from the beginning.”—Open Book Society
"Jessica Fletcher, mystery writer and amateur sleuth, always has me coming back for more."—A Cozy Girl Reads
About the Author
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. As many other reviewers have mentioned, these people are rude, snarky, and mean to each other. Mort seems to hate Jessica's writing and he and Seth make fun of her work at a professional reading. This is ridiculous. Harry is awful to her too, basically calling her a deadbeat. It wasn't cute. It was obnoxious. Hated that. Jon Land, please get the DVDs and notice how gentle and kind JBF is to everyone--that's why we love her. And the people in Cabot Cove also love her, as long as she is not about to catch them in a murderous act.
2. Harsh and violent. There are even two passages describing dog abuse in a fairly graphic way. NO NO NO. Don't want this in escapist literature. Seth seems to revel in describing a dog's gruesome death. NO NO NO.
3. It's a spy/political tale and not a cozy. Not my cup of tea. I see the next one is a medical thriller. I will be skipping that one. Back to the cozy format please.
4. This story is full of mistakes any fan can spot. Harry is from Boston, not NYC. Jessica says she's never met a sitting president. Wrong. In one of the Bain books she and George went to a presidential event (VOTE FOR MURDER perhaps?). Next, no one has heard of JBF and apparently her sales are not good. Mort teases her (nastily) about not having her work on cable TV. JB laments she has never had a NYT bestseller. Wrong. TV Season 1 showed her on the way to Hollywood to help craft her #1 Bestseller into a film. Everyone she meets knows she is a famous writer. Her books are literary and respected. This is part of the fun. A bad mistake on Jon Land's part. Again, someone get him the DVD Complete Collection.
What is frustrating is that with some editing, these issues could have been worked out and the story would have been okay (I figured out the final plot twist within the first three chapters, by the way).
Purist fans - skip this. And skip the next one too. We have to send a message. Back to the real MSW please!
Top international reviews
Not only will regular readers of old enjoy the book, but newcomers, like me to the series who love Land’s thrillers will live it too.
The previous books were so so popular and had a cosy familiar feel which is why I have all of them. This is the last one I will buy.
In all seriousness though, we bought this book as a Mother's Day present for my Mother-In-Law. She is a fan of the series and she was happy to receive it. So it made a pretty good gift.