$ 19 $8.99 Save $0.80 (9%)
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.98 shipping
Discount Provided by Amazon.
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- A compelling and twisting storyline supported by a great cast of intriguing characters to make you constantly question the secrets that Salem hides, Motion capture and voice acting provides an incredibly realistic and believable experience
- Move freely from one haunting location to the next in this brooding city with deep-rooted ties to the supernatural and mysterious, Even if you have completed your investigation, return to previous scenes to follow new leads
- Survive powerful demonic spirits that devour souls in the belief that they can regain their own as you strategically use supernatural abilities to evade and outwit them before they can tear away your soul forever
- Investigate by using supernatural skills, possess people to read their minds, Follow leads by walking-through walls, teleporting and discover new information by revealing memories or interrogating the dead, Use poltergeist skills to create distractions
- Seek-out hundreds of collectibles, side-quests and cases from Salem’s citizens past to learn facts about the town and its people, improve your detective ranking and help you piece together the truth about the killer
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
MURDERED: SOUL SUSPECT is a dark, detective thriller with a supernatural twist: solving your own murder from the afterlife. Play as Ronan O’Connor, a Salem police detective with a chequered past, whose life is brought to an untimely end by a brutal killer. Trapped in a limbo world called Dusk, he is unable to find peace until he can bring his killer to justice. As Ronan, use powerful supernatural abilities to freely explore the shadowy afterlife. Unable to communicate with the detectives on his case, Ronan must read the minds of the living, influencing their thoughts and actions, and interrogate Salem’s dead to piece together the truth. The afterlife is not a safe place however, and his investigations are threatened by demonic spirits wanting to devour his soul
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For a slightly longer review, read on...
If you're into mystery novels and like to play the role of the protagonist, this game is certainly worth the look. You play a ghost of a former detective in Salem, Massachusetts, who not only is trying to figure out who killed him and why, but trying to help other ghosts as well and solve a much bigger picture of the evens that surround his murder.
This is not a first-person shooter, so leave your weapons at the door. Instead, you must look for clues around several sites. If you get stuck, refer to your digital map(included with game) to help you find them.
Along the way, you will stumble upon side quests, like helping other ghosts who cannot rest in peace until they know how and why they got killed. Uncovering new abilities as you travel is a treat: Who knew that possessing and playing as a parkour cat can be this fun?
Even though you are a ghost, you can still "die" if you are absorbed by a demon. Encountering a demon can actually be frightening, especially if you do not scan ahead. If a demon spots you, you must jump from one body to another before a demon gives up and it is safe to go out again.
So why the 4-stars, you ask? For once, this game is very easy. There is just one difficulty level and picking the wrong clues does not penalize you much(unless you are perfectionist and must have every achievement in the game.) it is also very short and should not take you more than 10 hours to complete and there is very little replay value, if any. The game also gets a little choppy if you discover a new environment, despite me installing the game on my 360. While trying to outsmart demons is intense, should you get absorbed and die, you simply restart from the moment where you are about to encounter a demon and since you have no inventory to lose, sometimes you can save time by simply dying and quickly starting over rather than trying to escape, while spending a couple of minutes on a sequence.
Nevertheless, for somebody like myself who enjoys a good mystery, but does not read books much, Murdered: Soul Suspect is a thrilling ride for those of us who like to play detective without the risk of actually getting shot. While not a perfect game, anyone who enjoys this genre should be pleased.
All in all the game is very good. Too short, so I wouldn't pay full price for it. Anything under $40 is perfectly reasonable. 4 Stars only because I thought it was short, and the story plot was mostly on rails. Maybe we're all spoiled by the sandboxes like GTA.
This game is pretty much just an interactive noir/crime/murder-mystery novel. If you like that genre of movies/books you will probably really like this game. I would say to wait for the price to drop... that way if you don't like it at least you didn't pay that much. It would be cool to see a prequel to this game where you solve a crime as a living Ronan O'Conner, with shooting and melee, but since this tanked so hard I doubt that will happen.