Muscle Milk Protein Bar, Salted Caramel, 20g Protein, 12 Count
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Ingredients||MILK DERIVED PROTEIN BLEND (MILK PROTEIN ISOLATE, WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE), SUGAR, SOLUBLE VEGETABLE FIBER, GLYCERIN, MALTITOL SYRUP, WATER, FRACTIONATED PALM KERNEL OIL, PEA PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, MALTODEXTRIN, SUNFLOWER OIL WITH TOCOPHEROLS (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), NATURAL FLAVORS, NONFAT MILK, RICE STARCH, MILK, BUTTER (CREAM, SALT), SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, SALT, COCOA, SOY LECITHIN, PAPRIKA EXTRACT (ADDED FOR COLOR), SUCRALOSE. SOLUBLE VEGETABLE FIBER, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, SUGAR, GLYCERIN, WATER, FRACTIONATED PALM KERNEL OIL, MALTITOL SYRUP, COCOA, SUNFLOWER OIL WITH TOCOPHEROLS (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), PEA PROTEIN, NATURAL FLAVORS, NONFAT MILK, MALTODEXTRIN, TAPIOCA STARCH, ALKALIZED COCOA POWDER, INVERT EVAPORATED CANE SUGAR, SOY LECITHIN, UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE, SALT, CALCIUM CARBONATE, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, SUCRALOSE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM. See more|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
About this item
- Mouthwatering salted caramel nugget center with sweet and salty crunchy flavor explosions, with a creamy white coating
- DELICIOUS MEETS NUTRITIOUS Inspired by artisanal ice cream flavors and mix ins, all varieties are made with high quality protein and nutrients your active lifestyle demands
- Made with milk proteins including whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and calcium caseinate
- 20g high quality protein per bar; 230 250 calories per bar; 2 10g sugar per bar; No artificial flavors
- Gluten free; Suitable for most individuals sensitive to lactose; No added gelatin or collagen; Kosher
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
You know your body. You know your body needs protein. You care about what you put in your body, and you make every effort to understand ingredients, benefits and functionality. You recognize that protein isn’t just about muscles or intense workouts or something you only find at the gym. Protein is fundamental to help you live and perform better.
For healthy muscles, protein is essential and the timing of your intake of protein is crucial. The goal is to keep your body’s protein supply at peak levels so you have available nutrients to maintain, repair and build your muscles.
MUSCLE MILK Protein Bars are made with high quality milk proteins, including milk protein isolate, whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate, without the addition of protein fillers such as gelatin and collagen ingredients. MUSCLE MILK Protein Bars provide nutrients for sustained energy, with protein to help build lean muscle and for workout recovery and hunger satisfaction. MUSCLE MILK Protein Bars can be used for pre-workout, post workout, on-the-go breakfast, or anytime snack. These bars are designed to provide sustained energy, for workout recovery and hunger satisfaction.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 9.06 x 6.06 x 2.63 inches; 1.55 Pounds
- Item model number : 77443
- Date First Available : November 1, 2016
- Manufacturer : CYTAB
- ASIN : B01MSZ5ZBB
- Best Sellers Rank: #282,439 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- Customer Reviews:
This product is labelled to United States standards and may differ from similar products sold elsewhere in its ingredients, labeling and allergen warnings
MILK DERIVED PROTEIN BLEND (MILK PROTEIN ISOLATE, WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE), SUGAR, SOLUBLE VEGETABLE FIBER, GLYCERIN, MALTITOL SYRUP, WATER, FRACTIONATED PALM KERNEL OIL, PEA PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, MALTODEXTRIN, SUNFLOWER OIL WITH TOCOPHEROLS (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), NATURAL FLAVORS, NONFAT MILK, RICE STARCH, MILK, BUTTER (CREAM, SALT), SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, SALT, COCOA, SOY LECITHIN, PAPRIKA EXTRACT (ADDED FOR COLOR), SUCRALOSE. SOLUBLE VEGETABLE FIBER, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, SUGAR, GLYCERIN, WATER, FRACTIONATED PALM KERNEL OIL, MALTITOL SYRUP, COCOA, SUNFLOWER OIL WITH TOCOPHEROLS (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), PEA PROTEIN, NATURAL FLAVORS, NONFAT MILK, MALTODEXTRIN, TAPIOCA STARCH, ALKALIZED COCOA POWDER, INVERT EVAPORATED CANE SUGAR, SOY LECITHIN, UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE, SALT, CALCIUM CARBONATE, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, SUCRALOSE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Good Stuff
- The taste and texture of the bars are amazing, at least with regards to the salted caramel flavor. The bar tastes sweet but not sickeningly so, nor does it have an artificial or chemical like taste. Its texture is soft but not mushy, sort of like a chocolate bar that has just slightly warmed above room temperature.
- 7 g of dietary fiber, which both helps you feel more full without adding calories as well as helping out your digestive tract, assuming you don't go overboard with these. Remember that excessive fiber intake actually can cause constipation, the exact opposite effect you want!
- 20 g of protein per bar, which for most people is enough to serve as a post-workout snack.
The Room For Improvement Areas
- A tad high in the fat department, particularly with regards to saturated fats. I understand that fats are needed in a protein bar to promote satiety, but saturated fats are not healthy, and at 4 g of it in a bar with 20 g of protein, it is not a ratio I'd be exactly content with. It's not nearly as bad as some other bars I have seen, but still, it would be nice if a healthier type of fat was used.
- At 9 g of sugar, it is hardly what I would call a sugar bomb, but still, by cutting those 9 g out you could reduce the caloric content of this bar by almost 40 calories. I personally have nothing against sugar alcohols or calorie-free sweeteners, so I wouldn't mind increasing their usage here to save some extra calories. Some may protest this point, saying that protein bars should have sugar to provide quick energy. To this I would say that is the point of an energy bar or other pre-workout supplements, not a protein bar, who's job is to deliver protein in a meal replacement-like manner.
- These are a bit more expensive than most other protein bars I've seen, with my order being about $28 for a box of 12 (and these weren't even the priciest ones!), while most other bars I have ordered are more in the $20-25 range.
Overall, this bar would be great for you if you are looking for a tasty way to get some extra protein in your day, whether as a meal replacement or post-workout snack. The saturated fat and sugar content is a bit high for my taste, but it is not enough to outweigh the taste, texture, and protein to calorie ratio.
They're not horrible, so I gave them 2 stars. I just won't be opening any more... ~juli 🎵
1) Salted Caramel
2) Peanut Butter & Chocolate
3) lots and lots of stuff
In muscle milk bars, for me Oreo is a hair better than the PB & C flavor. Salted Caramel a disappointment, however it's still something i can enjoy because I love the idea of the flavor. Maybe it's that Oreo is closest to the sweetness of Oreo cookies, and PB & C is near-enough to peanut butter cups...just less creamy? Who knows, I'm gonna keep eating all 3 flavors -- they're all 3 sweet and similar in consistency.
They taste awesome. They do have that protein bar finish, but honestly? They're so delicious you're not going to mind. The blueberry flavor isn't too artificial, and as someone who eats maybe too many waffles, Muscle Milk really nailed that delicious, fluffy, fresh-from-the-iron waffle taste.
I was a little skeptical about buying an entire box of a flavor I had never tried, but I'm very glad I did! These beat cookies and cream any day.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.