Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Mushkin SOURCE - 500GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - 2.5 Inch - SATA III - 6Gb/s - 3D Vertical TLC - 7mm – (MKNSSDSR500GB)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 500GB SATA-III 2.5" 6Gbit/s 3D-TLC 7mm SSD
- Compatibility: PC / Mac / Linux / PlayStation / Xbox
- Max Read: 560MB/s ; Max Write: 520MB/s
- Silicon Motion Controller: SMI SM2258XT
- 4KB Random Read: Up to 75,000 IOPS ; Write: Up to 81,000 IOPS
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
When it comes to the heart of a system, there should be no compromises. Upgrade to the fast, dependable storage with this Mushkin Source SSD. It delivers exceptional performance at an incredible value that is perfect storage solution for everything. Driven by a Silicon Motion SM2258XT Controller, Source Series SSDs provide fast transfer speeds and can balance multiple tasks with ease. It features 3D TLC NANDS, MEDS, LDPC ECC, data shaping, StaticDataRefresh, and global wear-leveling. So, what are you waiting for?
MUSHKIN ENHANCED DATA-PROTECTION SUITE (M.E.D.S.)
- Built-in LDPC ECC provides the strongest data correction level in use today
- Data shaping technique increases endurance
- StaticDataRefresh ensures data integrity
- Global wear-leveling evens program and erase counts across blocks to extend drive endurance
THIN, LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN AND LOW BATTERY CONSUMPTION
At only 7mm tall and weighing just around 2 ounces, the SourceSeries SSD has a sleek, lightweight design that can make your laptop lighter to carry but more importantly more efficient.
Because it contains no moving parts and features an ultra-efficient design, it consumes very little battery power, allowing you to enjoy more of your laptops battery life than a standard hard disk drive (HDD).
MULTI-TASKING AT ITS BEST.
Mushkin Source SSDs transform your ultra-portable or desktop workstation to run all your essential programs at the same time without sacrificing performance.
The Source series SSD optimizes performance for your daily computing tasks, boasting sequential write speeds up to 520 MB/s and sequential read speeds up to 560 MB/s.
A LEADER IN RELIABILITY
Source SSDs are ready to run for years to come. Along with several error-correcting technologies, Mushkin Source Series solid state drives protect your data with lasting reliability.
Compare with similar items
Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD - CT500MX500SSD1(Z)
WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s 2.5"/7mm Solid State Drive - WDS500G2B0A
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E500B/AM)
Mushkin REACTOR 500GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) 2.5 Inch SATA III 6Gbit/s MLC 7mm MKNSSDRE500GB
Mushkin TRIACTOR-3DL - 500GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - 2.5 Inch - SATA III - 6Gb/s - 3D Vertical TLC - 7mm (MKNSSDTR500GB-3DL)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||FreeTail Tech||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||FreeTail Tech||FreeTail Tech|
|Data Transfer Rate||6 Gb per second||6 Gb per second||750 MB per second||6,000 MB per second||6 GB per second||6 GB per second|
|Device Type||—||Internal Solid State Drive||Internal Solid State Drive||Internal Solid State Drive||—||—|
|Digital Storage Capacity||500 GB||500 GB||500 GB||500 GB||500 GB||500 GB|
|Flash Memory Installed Size||—||500||500||—||—||—|
|Hard-Drive Size||500 GB||500 GB||500 GB||500 GB||500 GB||500 GB|
|Hard Disk Form Factor||2.5 in||2.5 in||2.5 in||2.5 in||2.5 in||2.5 in|
|Hardware Connectivity||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s, Solid State Drive||SATA 6.0 Gb/s, Solid State Drive|
|Hardware Platform||PC / Mac / Linux / PlayStation / Xbox||PC; Mac||pc||PC, Mac||PC / Mac / Linux / PlayStation / Xbox||PC / Mac / PlayStation / Xbox|
|Item Dimensions||3.95 x 2.75 x 0.28 in||4.06 x 0.28 x 2.76 in||4 x 0.3 x 2.8 in||3.94 x 2.76 x 0.27 in||3.95 x 2.75 x 0.28 in||3.95 x 2.75 x 0.28 in|
|Item Weight||1.98 ounces||3.53 ounces||1.31 ounces||3.04 ounces||1.98 ounces||1.98 ounces|
|Memory Storage Capacity||500 GB||500 GB||—||500 GB||500 GB||500 GB|
|Optical Storage Read Speed||—||560 MB/s||560MB/s||540MB/s||550 MB/s||—|
|Writing speed of the optical memory||—||510 MB/s||530MB/s||520MB/s||435 MB/s||—|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought this Friday evening and received it Saturday morning. Installed a fresh copy of windows and Wow.
It feels like a new computer. Boots in under 15 seconds. Loads Chrome almost instantly.
CrystalDiskMark 6.0.0 x64 (C) 2007-2017 hiyohiyo
Crystal Dew World : https://crystalmark.info/
* MB/s = 1,000,000 bytes/s [SATA/600 = 600,000,000 bytes/s]
* KB = 1000 bytes, KiB = 1024 bytes
Sequential Read (Q= 32,T= 1) : 548.487 MB/s
Sequential Write (Q= 32,T= 1) : 464.134 MB/s
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 8,T= 8) : 135.543 MB/s [ 33091.6 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 8,T= 8) : 139.962 MB/s [ 34170.4 IOPS]
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 159.244 MB/s [ 38877.9 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 140.533 MB/s [ 34309.8 IOPS]
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 26.247 MB/s [ 6408.0 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 76.203 MB/s [ 18604.2 IOPS]
Test : 1024 MiB [C: 48.3% (112.4/232.8 GiB)] (x5) [Interval=5 sec]
Date : 2018/03/25 0:10:34
OS : Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 [6.1 Build 7601] (x64)
Not quite advertised speed but still blazing compared to a platter drive..
If this one holds up over time , I just might buy another.
When I use Mushkin SSD Drives in the past I usually use their Reactor Series but while doing the research on Amazon and found this for about $10 less and decided to give it a try, and like the Reactor series I was not disappointed. Not only did it improve the performance of the Windows 7 OS by literally 100% I was also able to upgrade the Laptop to Windows 10 and got the exact same performance using this drive. I purposely held off on upgrading to Windows 10 before on this Laptop due to the previous performance issues with the original hard drive but the new SSD made that possible as well.
- Overall Performance Improvement
- Booting from BIOS to OS maybe 5 to 7 seconds
- Application Response times are instantaneous
- Able to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, No performance degradation.
- Absolutely NONE!
Recommended Additional Software/Tools to perform the Hard Drive upgrade with if planning on Cloning your old hard Drive to your new one:
- (Needed, unless your reloading the OS from Scratch) Use Macrium Reflect 7 Free Edition (Just do a Google Search to find) to clone your Old hard drive to the New One. It's an easy download that will install into your existing hard drive to make an exact clone to your New One. Best part the Free Edition does not cost a dime.
- (Needed, unless your cloning a Desktop then Optional) Use this USB to SATA Drive connection cable Sabrent USB 3.0 to SSD / 2.5-Inch SATA Hard Drive Adapter [Optimized For SSD, Support UASP SATA III] (EC-SSHD) for only $10 to clone the new drive with. Of course if it is for a Desktop this will not be needed but for 95% of the Laptops out there it's a must!
- (Optional, if you already have a similar tool set) If your changing the hard drive out of these newer Laptops (within the Last 4 years) I would buy this tool kit Soucolor 78 in 1 Precision Screwdriver Set, Magnetic Driver Kit, Repair Tool Kits with Portable Case for iPad, iPhone, Tablets, Laptops, PC, Smartphones, Watches, Electronics Disassembly to access the Hard Drive, especially for those needing a plastic pry tool, can't go wrong for $20.
- Only other recommendation I would make before beginning the upgrade is to make sure the BIOS on your laptop/PC is current so there are no compatibility issues with the SSD hard drive.
PLEASE NOTE: Cloning the original Hard drive unfortunately was not an option for me on this particular occasion due to the original drives very slow performance it would cause the Laptop to bottleneck while in the middle of the cloning process which caused the task to fail. So I ended up installing the new SSD Blank (The Soucolor tool set came in handy for this evolution, especially the plastic pry tools to access the old hard drive) and building it from the original Windows 7 DVD. Once I insured everything worked under Windows 7 I then upgraded the Laptop to Windows 10.
Overall: I could not be happier, Not only did this drive bring back my mother-in-laws laptop from the brink of death but allow me to successfully upgrade it to Windows 10. I would Highly recommend the SSD Hard Drive not only if your original hard drive is the condition my mother-in-laws hard drive was in but in general for overall performance improvement.
DELL Inspiron N5010 (June 2011)
OS: Windows 10 Pro (previously Windows 7 Pro)
Processor: Intel I3 Core @ 2.53 GHz (3rd Generation, 4 Cores)
RAM: 8 GB (Max Capacity, Previously 4GB)
Hard Drive: 500GB Mushkin Source SSD (Replaced original Western Digital Scorpio 320GB 5400RPM SATA Drive)
Video:Intel HD Integrated graphics card (HDMI & VGA)
Display: 1360 X 768p 15.6 inch Screen
Internal NIC: 100MB
WiFi NIC: Internal Intel Centrino WIFI 2.4GHZ
USB Ports: 3 X USB 2.0 Ports
ROM: DVD/CD Burner